Jello (Gelatin) Salad Recipes

Category Jello
There are so many variations of jello salad, that it is easy to find a new one for your next dessert. This page contains jello salad recipes.

Mix dry Jello with Cool Whip. Add rest of ingredients. Refrigerate

A few people have asked me to share more of my Aunt's 1935 cookbook. She used raspberry and black cherry Jello together and added canned drained fruit cocktail for family get togethers, mainly for the children.

A refreshing not too sweet salad with crunch, one of my favorites!

Directions:

Bring the juice from the mandarin oranges and enough water to make one cup to a boil. Mix with Jell-O. Add softened cream cheese and mix until dissolved; let set until slightly jelled. Add the rest of the ingredients. Of course you may substitute other flavors and fruits, but this is a favorite of mine.

By Ann Winberg from Loup City, NE

This was just something I thought off while cleaning out the cabinet and turned out wonderful. It is a good way to get little ones and picky big ones to eat more vegetables.

Directions:

Mix box of Jello into 1 cup of boiling water in 1 or 2 quart bowl.

Whisk in yogurt until blended. While that cools cut and chop other ingredients.

Stir in all other ingredients. Cover and chill.

You can pour in a square pan to chill and cut in squares and serve on a bed of lettuce or serve in a bowl with a dollop of whip cream for a dessert.

I have recently quit smoking and have lived on Jello and vegetables, which has helped tremendously. It has been almost a month and I am proud to say I am now a non smoker (and only gained 12 pounds)!

By Peggy from Cortland. OH

Boil gelatin, juice, and water together for 1 minute. Cool, but do not congeal. Add cottage cheese, marshmallows, and Cool Whip or whipped cream.

Dissolve Jello with 2 cups hot water. Let cool. Add remaining ingredients. Chill.

Combine the dry Jello and Cool Whip together. Blend by hand until the Jello looks dissolved and well mixed. Add the cottage cheese, fruit cocktail and pineapple. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.

Dissolve cherry, orange and black raspberry gelatin separately, using 1 1/2 cups hot water to each package. Mold each in a shallow square pan. Let set until solid.

I love the combination of fruit, veggies and nuts in this salad!

Very good salad. Can use different flavors and colors of gelatin for different holidays to make this more festive. Very, very good!

This is jello salad recipe includes citrus jello, nuts, cottage cheese, mayo and condensed milk.

Dissolve gelatin in water until syrupy and add next 3 ingredients. Put in flat, large Pyrex-style pan. Set until firm. For second layer, cook last ingredients and let cool.

Very colorful and tasty! I get many compliments on this recipe. I usually double the recipe as we enjoy it very much.

Cut marshmallows into lemon gelatin. Add 2 cups hot water. When cool and slightly thickened, whip and add pineapple, cream cheese, mayonnaise, celery, nut meats, and cream.

Make gelatin with 2 cups boiling water. Add cranberry sauce, pineapple and 1/2 cup water. Chill until partially set. Add walnuts. Pour into a 6 cup mold. Chill until firm.

Mix the two packages of gelatin with the water, sugar and vinegar. Chill until partially set. Drain the gooseberries, reserving the juice.

To the juice, add enough water to make 1 1/2 cups of liquid.

Recipe for Cheese Salad. Soak gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes. Place pineapple, lemon juice, and sugar in a pan and heat to boiling. Remove and add dissolved gelatin and flavoring.

When preparing a congealed salad recipe (using jello or gelatin), all ingredients can be doubled except: salt, vinegar, and lemon juice. For these use only 1 1/2 times the given amount, but no more, or your salad won't congeal.

Dissolve jello in boiling water. Drain pineapple well, reserving the juice. Adding enough water to pineapple juice to make 3/4's cup of liquid. Stir in mixture.

For as far back as I can remember my gram made a Jello salad for one of our Christmas dinner desserts. She passed away around a year and a half ago and needless to say last Christmas just wasn't the same. I want to take over for her and start making her Jello salad for our family every Christmas, but the problem is I don't have her recipe.

I know the the ingredients she used, but I don't know how to put it all together. I know she used: a large box of lime Jello, a large can of fruit cocktail, 2 8 oz packs of Philadelphia cream cheese, and 2 pints of whipping cream (or heavy whipping cream, I'm not sure).

Does anyone know of a Jello salad recipe that calls for those ingredients? Or does anyone know how I should put those items items together to actually make the Jello salad? Any tips or ideas will be gratefully appreciated!

Thank You, Merry Christmas!

By Melanie

Answers

I was also looking for a lime jello recipe and found this one on allrecipes.com. The ingredients sound really similar to the one your gran made but looks like it could use some tweaking. Hope this helps!

allrecipes.com/.../

I need a salad recipe containing lime jello, evaporated milk, crushed pineapple, and cottage cheese.

By Lynda from Prosperity, SC

Answers

This was my Mother's recipe. She called it Pacific Lime Jello.

Dissolve 1 package (3 oz) Lime flavored Jello in 1 cup boiling water. Add juice from 1 - 9 oz can crushed pineapple. Chill until slightly thick. Fold in crushed pineapple, 1 cup creamed cottage cheese and 1/4 cup chopped nuts. Chill until firm. Serve on a slice of lettuce and top with whipped cream, if desired.
When I make this recipe, I usually double it and I omit the crushed nuts.

This recipe has 3 of your 4 items plus others (no evaporated milk)

1 can crushed pineapple (1 lb. 4 oz.)
1/2 Cup Lemon juice
2 pkgs. Lime Jell-O
1 Cup chopped nuts
2 tbsp. Grated lemon rind
2 Cups cottage cheese (1 lb.)
1 Cup chopped celery
2 tsp. prepared horseradish
1/2 tsp. salt

Directions:
Drain syrup from pineapple into 4 cup measure. Add lemon juice and enough boiling water to make 3 cups of liquid. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Chill mixture until syrupy. Spoon about 1 1/2 cups syrupy gelatin into a medium sized bowl; foldin drained pineapple, nuts and grated lemon rind; pour into lightly greased mold. Chill unti firm and sticky on top. Keep remaining syrupy gelatin at room temperature.
When layer in mold is firm, beat syrupy gelatin until fluffy, blend in cottage cheese, celery, horseradish, and salt; spoon over layer in mold and chill until firm.
Unmold, garnish and serve with banana nut dressing.

Banana Nut Dressing

Blend 1/2 cup salad dressing (miracle whip), 1 mashed banana, 1/2 cup chopped nuts, 3 tablespoons heavy cream, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a small bowl. Makes 1 cup.

1 pkg Lime jello
1 pkg lemon jello
1 1/2 C boiling water
Mix together to dissolve jello
add 1 t horseradish if desired

Add 1/2 c mayo or miracle whip
#2 can crushed pineapple, juice included
16 oz carton cottage cheese
1 c evaporated milk
1 c nutmeats

Interestingly enough Robin's Corner has a Lime Jello recipe in todays newsletter, too ;-)

www.thriftyfun.com/tf34423878.tip.html

1 lg. pkg. dry jello (any flavor)
1 8oz. carton coolwhip
1 8oz. container cottage cheese
1 can drained pineapple

Drain pineapple. Mix jello and cool whip until jello crystals are dizzolved, add cottage cheese and pineapple, mix well. (Top with marchino cherries and chopped nuts if desired .)Refrigerate at least 2 hours. I try to let mine sit over night.
If lg. box seems like to much jello you can substitute it for a small one.

You can also use sugar free jello fat free cottage cheese and cool whip. It tastes the same.

This recipe I got from my Mom.

Salad Pineapple and Cottage Cheese

1 6-ounce package lime gelatin dessert
1 envelope unflavored gelatine, (optional)
2 cups boiling water
1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
1 cup salad dressing
2 cups cottage cheese
1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Mix together gelatin/s; dissolve in boiling water; add remaining ingredients in order. Pour into container/s; chill until set. Servings: 9-15

Way back in the 50s my mother made a salad with orange jello and grated carrots and maybe some kind of fruit, possibly crushed pineapple. Does anyone remember this concoction? Have a recipe? There may have been other things in it. Thanks.

By Judy from IA

Answers

Orange Carrot Salad Recipe

Ready in: 2-5 hrs
Difficulty: 3 (1=easiest :: hardest=5)
Serves/Makes: 12

1 package Orange-flavored gelatin; 6oz size
2 cups Water; boiling
1 1/2 cup Water; cold
2 large Carrots; shredded
11 ounces Mandarin oranges; drained
15 1/2 ounces Crushed pineapple; undrained
1/2 cup Pecans; chopped
Lettuce
Carrot curls
Pecan halves

Directions:
Dissolve gelatin in boiling water, and stir in cold water. Chill until partially set. Fold in carrots, oranges, pineapple, and chopped pecans into thickened gelatin. Spoon into an oiled 2 quart mold; chill until set. Unmold on lettuce, and garnish with carrot curls and pecan halves.
good luck.

Looks like there are many many variations on this one.
Here are a few basic ones:
www.ifood.tv/.../sunshine-salad-0
allrecipes.com/.../Detail.aspx

this one adds cream cheese & pinapple:
www.everyrecipe.info/.../orange-carrot-jello-salad_207210...
Or whipping cream & pineapple:
www.everyrecipe.info/.../carrot-and-pineapple-jello-salad_54637...

This is one from the '70's with cottage cheese:
dessertreport.com/.../orange-stuff-jello-and-nostalgia...

This one has mayo included:
www.recipezaar.com/.../viewtopic.zsp?p=4842531&sid=073b77ff54cef773c1ece2abf667f979

Or you can sift through the many posted here:
www.cooks.com/.../0,1-0,orange_jello_carrot_salad,FF...

I lost the Christmas recipe of my mother's souffle jello salad. It was made with lemon jello then, using an egg beater, you added mayonaise, let it set partially and folded in pineapple tidbits, maraschino cherries, and bananas. The it was placed in a mold until set. Does anyone have this recipe?

When making green Jello salad, is the whipped cream whipped before adding? Also do I drain the pineapple? Thanks!

By Faye Moore from White, GA

My mother made a sunshine (carrot jello salad). I have found that recipe, but she served it with a topping. Some of the ingredients were whipping cream, lemon juice, and zest. She cooked a flour mixture and then folded in the whipped cream and lemons. Dose anyone know of this recipe?

By Dolly D.

The addition of gelatin or jello to a vegetable or fruit salad can make a very refreshing side dish. This page contains congealed salad recipes.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains Jello vegetable salad recipes. Jello is a great medium for vegetable salad ingredients.

Load More
Food and Recipes Recipes Salads JelloNovember 8, 2012
🎃
🎂
🌻