Keeping Pigeons Off Balcony

I have problems with pigeons. They can steal and on my balcony they poop on my chair and my lamp fixture. I would like to know what I can do to keep them off my balcony. My kids play out here and there is poop everywhere.

Try using water mixed with cayenne pepper, cinnamon or curry powder and spraying it on the balcony. They also don't like shiny pinwheels. You can get those at the dollar store. If all fails, try bird netting around the perimeter of your balcony.

You can hang up old cds. The shiny surface and movement will scare them away

Anonymous

Did not work for me..the cd'd

I have people who swear by keeping dollar tree fake snakes on the grass. Change them out every other day or so so the birds are convinced they are real.

Also fake owls help, and you can even get them solar powered so they turn every few minutes.

https://www.goo  ome&ie=UTF-8

A repelling method will work well, however, may not be very decorative. You can purchase nylon and plastic netting at home stores to hang around the entire balcony area. By attaching the netting at the top and on the balcony ledge, pigeons will not be able to land on your balcony.

You could probably spend an entire day reading all the problems and suggestions on how to get rid of pigeons that appear if you ask that question. The funny thing is that what seems to work for one person does nothing to help another. Maybe pigeons are different in different locals?
Suggestions vary greatly: hang CD's on a wire or hook from the balcony, hang aluminum foil strips, buy an over sized fake owl or snake, spray various combinations of things on the balcony (how do you reach it to spray?), etc.

It seems most praises come from hanging CD's but that may not work for you either.
I am not affiliated with this site but, if all else fails, maybe you might want to look at electronic methods.
http://www.bird-x.com/