Getting Rid of Pigeons on a Terrace

How can I get rid of pigeons? I am trying everything. I put up many CDs, fake owls, and mouse traps. Nothing works.

Please help.

Try an ultrasonic repeller.

Perhaps a gel-based repellent?

www.amazon.com/.../ref=as_li_ss_tl?tag=thrif06-20

I don't know if this works, it seems like it really might. I know pigeons are seriously afraid of cats though.

You might even be able to make one of these after looking closely at what they've got and how they made the head detached with a spring.

You could buy a stuffed animal (cat) or make one from dark colored fabric, and (cut off the head) to re-attach it with a very long springy "spring" just as they have done.

It seems every time the wind blows, or if you use a "long spring" even the slightest breeze will then make it's head bob around.

www.birdfighter.com/.../gull-cat-decoy-scare-birds.html#.XH7RZXdFyUk

Do you have a bird feeder? If so, getting rid of it ASAP!

If you are just getting them willy-nilly (no feeders around), and you have tried all of the usual things....the only other thing I can think of is to try a large spray of Mylar balloons on the terrace--various heights (use helium if it is still used in your town). Use heavy rocks to hold them down...they will move in the wind and should deter the birds.

Best wishes!