Living Room Curtain Color Advice

My living room is all neutral colors with high ceilings, my couch is a taupe color, my walls are a goldish tan color and my fireplace has a green marbling in it. My living room and dining room are open to one another and I need help figuring out what color curtains to add to my living room along each side of the fireplace. Attached is a picture of my living room and dining room. Any suggestions?

This may be far removed from what you had in mind. Keep in mind, I'm an amateur at this. I would suggest that the plate on the mantle is too large.The picture over the mantle should not hang higher than the top of the draperies. Also, a rectangular picture would be better.

Whatever you decide for draperies (the ones I chose are a bit busy, some may say gaudy), I think they should lean towards dark. Lighter would bring that wall closer to the sofa.

Objects seen through the glass door at the stair landing take away from the living room atmosphere. I think a sheer panel on that door would add coziness to the living area.

Your TV was in the way. You can put it back, now.

I didn't even wake the dog.

...And I didn't even wake the dog.