Selling Vintage Furniture?

0
Share
3
Save
Follow
Print

A vintage dresser with mirror.I am looking for any suggestions or input on this dresser. I no longer have room for it, and would hate to sell it under or overpriced! I am thinking it is around 1920-1930s but I have never dealt with anything antique before so I could be pretty far off from that. I am not aware of any antique dealers or stores near me (Waterloo, IA) where I could go to get some I could gather some insight.

Any thoughts, ideas or information would be appreciated! I have attached all of the pictures I have taken, I have looked top to bottom, inside and out and have found no markings other than the two last pictures that have some numbers written on them. Any ideas on how much this would be worth, or how I should attempt to sell?

Thanks!

The top of a vintage dresser.

Close up of the carved wood on the mirror.

Dovetail joints in the drawer.

Dovetail joints in the drawer.

The dresser drawers.

Markings on the back of the dresser.

Markings on the back of the dresser.

Silver Answer Medal for All Time! 320 Answers

You're on the right track. This Queen Anne dresser with mirror is from the 1920s. This design+size was very popular because it looked good and is very functional -- still true today! With that in mind, and assuming the piece has original hardware, no obvious blemishes, no odors, and is level with no loose parts, I would price it at $150 USD.

You could always start at $200 and see how it goes, but also keep a bottom number in mind so you don't experience seller's regret. It is a very nice piece that could be used in any room really. Good luck!

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

You could send a picture to the Antiques Roadshow at pbs.org.

Look on eBay, Etsy, or Facebook Marketplace and search for this type of furniture. Then take a look at what's for sale that looks the most like your dresser; check out the prices and price yours accordingly. As someone advised be sure to always price a little bit higher than your bottom price so you have some wiggle room. I think the easiest way to sell this, other than word of mouth or putting up a notice at some local stores, is on Facebook Marketplace.

I recently had to try to sell some of my mother's furniture this way after she downsized and sold her home and while I had never done it before it was amazingly easy. And I was successful with several things! If you're not on Facebook you can ask someone you know who is if they'll help you. Good luck!

Consumer Advice Collectibles Furniture Vintage FurnitureJuly 9, 2021
🐛
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Selling-Vintage-Furniture.html