Telephone Tips and Tricks

To get space from my toddlers when I am on the phone, I sit with a wet facecloth and wipe their faces whenever they come near me. Now I can chat without them being right in my space.

By Mrs. Burgo from Newcastle, NSW

Editor's Note: I think this would work equally well if you are trying to use a computer or make a craft project.

8 More Solutions

It had to ring but five rings; three short, then two long; our private signal, five rings to connect us with Detroit or London or Miami where the sun was shining. Maybe all the way to Sidney, Australia, or more likely, just down the road and a friend.

The Old Country Telephone

If you have internet service anywhere, then you also have phone service. Find the telephone receiver icon on the Gmail email home page. Hit that icon, then dial the number.

The site will tell you how to get through to a human and not a computer when calling them. If you click on the Phone Number directory tab, up comes hundreds of companies and their phone numbers and how to connect directly to a human.

I loved the long cord for our wall phone until it started getting tangled up. It was at least 25 years old and I thought it was time to purchase a new one.

A very long telephone cord, attached to a wall phone.

To clean and disinfect the telephone receiver, apply Listerine mouthwash with a soft cotton pad or rag to clean the crevices use a q-tip. Do not rinse off.

If someone chooses not to reveal his Caller ID information, you can prevent that call from bothering you on your landline by dialing *77. The call will not come through. If you decide you dont want this feature anymore, dial *87.

A landline telephone on a nightstand.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

If you ever have a numbers on the handset of a telephone that you cannot push any longer, try this: Take the phone apart. My handset was in three layers.

It is important to be cautious of anyone contacting you via telephone. There are many criminals who use fraudulent tricks to get personal information, which can result in identity theft or credit card fraud. This is a page about avoiding telephone scams.

Senior Woman Giving Credit Card Details On The Phone

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1
Home and Garden Home Improvement MiscellaneousJanuary 2, 2014
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Telephone-Tips-and-Tricks.html