Value of Lane Chest?

I am wondering what the worth of this Lane Chest? I inherited it from my in-laws, and have never used it. It still has the original receipt and warranty card. It was bought in December of 1968. Still smells like cedar!

They are worth between $150 and $225, depending on condition

Someone on Chairish sold the piece for $350 (no date of when this happened).

Now what they actually netted for it is unknown because Chairish because their fees are not transparent to the average reader/reseller. It can be as low as 70% of the asking price.

www.chairish.com/.../mid-century-modern-lane-mcm-cedar...

It is a nice piece! I am shocked that it sold for that much though...to be honest with you, as most Lane trunks (except for the Art Deco Waterfall designs) sell for very little in many markets.

I guess the MCM (Mid Century Modern) trend is still hanging on and that was the selling point--as MCM has been riding fairly high for a while now in furniture trends. Every time I think it is passed, I see a surprising sale like this one!

Best to sell now (strike while the iron is hot so to speak). Not sure what the next trend will be in 2021!

Thanks for sharing!

Consumer Advice Collectibles Furniture Vintage FurnitureDecember 31, 2020
😷
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-Lane-Chest-1.html