Value of a Murphy Cedar Chest

I just purchased a cedar chest. When I got it home, I saw it was labeled "Murphy 7265 Made in the USA". I've tried googling the model number, but nothing comes up. Is my thrifty find worth something?

If the condition is good, it is worth in the $225 range.

While I am a huge fan of these chests, in my area they have been devaluing year over year because people are paring down and don't want bulky furniture in their homes.

Sadly that is probably why your lovely ended up for sale somewhere.

The best way to value yours is to find the exact match on eBay and see what it is selling for (ACTUAL SOLD, not what they are asking).

You may need to just put in the search Murphy cedar chest or Murphy chest or even just cedar chest every few days to find an exact match to yours--by look, size and condition.

People don't always use the number in their listing--no clue why, but some just call them a cedar chest...so you need to play detective a little. Look for visual and description matches with or without a number.

Never use asking price to put a value on yours...only sold (which you can find by clicking on the left on eBay).

Sometimes you may luck into a trunk auction through google...and you can find your exact item with a sold price...Right now, as you stated, there aren't any out there. The market changes daily so tomorrow you may find a bunch of them!

This is an example of an auction site auction that sold for $55 with no number www.ebth.com/.../5678694-murphy-cedar-trunk

You may not find it today...so check back.

I say enjoy your piece! To me they are quite versatile!