Visiting Botanical Gardens

Category Gardening
Teacher with Student in a Botanical Garden
A favorite attraction for the tourist or local resident is a trip to the botanical garden. This is a guide about visiting botanical gardens.

For the past couple of years, Deeli and I have shared the web site for an eagle cam located in Norfolk Botanical Gardens in Norfolk, Virginia.

Link: http://www.wvec.com/eaglecam

Botanical gardens are beautiful places to visit to see rare and unusual plants. Additionally they have specimens from other areas not native in your locale. This is a guide about five great reasons to visit a botanical garden.

A rose arbor over a path to a botanical garden.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

These are pictures of a water lily, that I took when a friend and I visited the Botanical Gardens, in Birmingham, Alabama.

By one.of.a.kind

Comment Like this photo? 18

Photo Description
This July my husband and I visited family in Denver, Colorado. In the many times we had been in town before, we had never made it to the botanical gardens. I was determined to get there this time. To my delight, when I got on-line to check the hours I discovered that there was a Dale Chihuly glass exhibit in place throughout the gardens. We spent several hours there and had a great time, thoroughly enjoying the plants and the gorgeous glass work. Here are some photos from our trip. As you can see there were fantastic tall exploding spines, beautiful globes and spires rising from the lily pond. Snake and bird like forms rose from the foliage as we enjoyed more examples of this gifted artist's work. Of course the flowers and plants were beautiful too.

Photo Location
Denver, Colorado

Comment Like this photo? 5

One of the many beautiful butterflies at the Phoenix Desert Botanical Gardens, Butterfly Pavilion.

Butterfly Pavilion (Phoenix, AZ)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Photos I took while at the Botanical Gardens in Gulf Shores, Alabama.

Comment Like this photo? 4

We recently visited Washington DC and went to our National Botanical Gardens. What a feast for the eyes! I saw amazing plants and trees that I never knew existed and even got to walk along an upper balcony that felt like walking amongst the canopy of the rain forest.

replica of the US Capitol

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

My daughter and her new friend! These photos were taken at the Denver Botanical Garden on 9/07 after a rain shower.

Comment Like this photo? Yes

I was fortunate enought to be able to go to England. Kew Gardens is the home of King George. Remember the movie "The Madness of King George"? It is a beautiful place with history, flowers, statuary, and educational exhibits.

White Lily Bloom in Pond

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

As beautiful as the flowers are, their fragrance is even better.

Easter Lillies (Butchart Gardens Canada) - several lilies at garden

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes