What Kind of Bug is This?

They have been hopping on me all day today! I have some bites on my legs as well, I noticed.

Best Answer

A bed bug will not just leave a small red mark when it bites but it will leave a large mark that fills up with water. I think what you are seeing is a bug called a thrips. They are small bugs that can jump and also bite. They normally eat on plants but will bite humans because they have very sharp knife-like mouth parts that can easily bite you. The other bug that looks very much like a bed bug and bites is called a bat bug. These bat bugs leave small red bite marks on people and a lot of time people mistake them for a bed but.

Best Answer

The bug pictured is definitely a flea. You are going to have to do a thorough house cleaning -vacuum all rugs and bare floors, upholstered furniture, even removing cushions to get deep down underneath, maybe even do mattresses and box springs to be safe. After vacuuming, take the vacuum outside and remove the bag and toss in garbage. If you have any fur babies, they will need to be treated too. I use Frontline on my cats, and they NEVER get fleas and rarely do I find a tick on them.

You will also have to wash all pet bedding. The other thing to do is get a few flea bombs, depending on size of house, to set off in the house.....you and pets will have to stay out for several hours, and all food stuff should be stored away in closed cabinets or the fridge beforehand. Hopefully, these recommendations will cure your infestation of fleas. If unsure of getting rid of problem, you CAN always call an exterminator. Good luck.

By the way, fleas are biting you and your pets if you have any, looking for a blood meal. Their bites can be very red, sore, itchy, and can get infected if you scratch them. To relieve the itching, you can dab on ammonia, white vinegar, cortizone cream, or even calamine lotion.

Bed Bug

Deb and Ana,
Bedbugs DON'T hop. This is a flea for sure.

This could be bedbugs , here is more info - www.peststrategies.com/.../ - You will need a professional to help with this, before it gets worse!

Bedbugs don't hop or fly They crawl Also the bites usually have red centers and red/pink around it. Do you have a better picture of the bug? How many legs?

Hi,

This looks like a flea, to me. Vacuum and throw out the contents of the vacuum, or they will just crawl back out. Sprinkle salt all over the carpet and under the sheets, on the bed, everywhere. Leave the salt under the sheets and on the carpet. It will kill the fleas.

---Robyn

Home and Garden Pest Control BugsAugust 29, 2020
📓
🎂
😷
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-Kind-of-Bug-is-This-20.html