What Make Is This Polar Bear?

Does anyone recognise this bear? Circa 1978 to early 80s. I lived in Germany during those years. I have never seen one like it. I call him Polo. I have done a lot of research and think he might be Dakin, but he also resembles the Klondike bear which I think is American? I would love to know if there is another one out there!

I am leaning to your bear being a Klondike bear--see this link:

artsandculture.google.com/.../YgH8D6lpzJxNuA

Sadly I have no memory if there were a variety of these sold or if all had the bear hugging the bear. I should and our Pittsburgh history center probably has the details, but with COVID, I can't get there.

Isaly, the originators of the Klondike bar were a Pittsburgh and Ohio staple for many years!

Perhaps if you email the Pittsburgh History Center they can confirm it for you. Here is their contact info: www.heinzhistorycenter.org/.../contact-us

I lean away from it being a Dakin because they were fatter and did not have that light brown fur that yours appears to have.

Post back what you learn. If it is Klondike, there are a few for sale at the moment on eBay and Etsy.

Thanks for sharing!

He's cute..
My first thought was the Denver Zoo Bears as they made a fortune on Klondike Bears in the 80's (I think) but my memory failed me as most of their bears were very soft and generally in a sitting position.
So I checked the Klondike Bears but my thinking is the same as I'm not sure they made these bears without the baby bear. I remember when these were all the rave.
That would mean the Mama bear had Velcro on their paws but the overall position appears to be about the same as yours.
The feet seem similar also. You can check this one out for reference:
www.etsy.com/.../klondike-bar-bear-plushie-1988

You may be able to ask for help on these sites as most of these members are very good with this type of 'toy'.

www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/.../
www.facebook.com/.../
offspring.lifehacker.com/how-to-find-a-dupe-of-your-kids-missing...
www.facebook.com/.../

Consumer Advice Collectibles Toys Stuffed ToysNovember 23, 2020
🍂
😷
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/What-Make-Is-This-Polar-Bear.html