Microwaving Eggs in Ziploc Bags?

I would like the recipe for cooking eggs in Ziploc bags in a microwave?

By Gordon

Best Answer

Believe me, you don't want the recipe! It's a big no no to do that because harmful chemicals leach out of the plastic bags and into your food. Even the manufacturers have it listed on their website FAQ pages that it is not recommended. You can purchase special inexpensive, reusable microwave egg cookware at places like WalMart and Target or online.

It's also a no no to use ziplock bags to boil food unless they are listed on the package as a boil bag. And even boil bags can't be used in the microwave.

Here's a link that will show you pictures of a small assortment of the many types of microwave egg cookers available:

www.best-deal.com/.../?utm_source=msn&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term...

Best Answer

Whoa! I've NEVER heard of cooking eggs in Ziplock (or other) bags in a microwave! To add to Deeli's comments ... eggs can burst in a microwave oven and make a heckuva mess! Sealing in a plastic bag would be no better.

Never put whole eggs in the shell in a microwave, and always at least poke the yolk as well. I "nuke" eggs all the time. I break the egg(s) into a bowl and just whip with a fork. Depending on the power of the oven, it takes about a minute (plus or minus) for one egg. There are many recipes ideas for eggs this way, but I won't go into that here. Suffice to say, DO NOT try to cook eggs in plastic bags or sealed containers in a microwave.

Best Answer

I think you mean 'omelet in a bag'. For one person, put on a sml or med pan with water and bring to a boil. In a zippy quart size freezer bag, put one or two eggs not in shell, add whatever omelet ingredients you like, ham, cheese, tomatoe, etc.

not a lot. Squish the bag with your hand to mix the omelet. Close the bag and put it in boiling water (standing up) and cook for 13 min. Remove bag carefully, open, and the omelet will roll out on to your plate. I make them frequently.

dangerous chemicals!

In These Pages
Food and Recipes Food Tips Microwave CookingApril 14, 2012
🌻
😎
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf20387729.tip.html