Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice

I need to paint my kitchen cabinets and I don't know what color to paint them. My kitchen is pretty small, and we don't have a lot of light. I love Italian, so I painted the walls a golden yellow color with faux brown on top of the gold.

The kitchen cabinets are totally flat and are a cheap laminate with no design whatsoever. The counters are a dark speckled brown laminate. Help me please. When you give me some colors to pick from, I also need to know what color hardware (hinges and knobs) would look good. I'm going to replace all the hardware. The cabinets are over 25 years old.

By Susan

I think these two links will provide you with enough research information on Tuscany color schemes for you to work with your kitchen cabinets and hardware. Good luck and mostly, enjoy your work!

http://www.tusc  chen_design.html

http://www.drea  scan-colors.html

The first thing that came to my mind was to paint the cabinets the same golden yellow as the walls, but without the faux finish.

If you think that might be too bright, use one of the lighter colors on the same color strip.
You can find really pretty knobs and handles in a bronze finish at Wal Mart. They are rich looking and very reasonably priced.

I don't have any advice about paint color, but I do have advice about painting over laminate. First, you have to sand every inch of your cabinets with 220 grit sandpaper (I would remove the doors, and all hardware, and lay them on a flat surface). Then clean them with a tack cloth to remove anything left from the sanding process. Next you need to use a primer designed to be used with laminate, such as Zinsser Bulls Eye 123. Follow the directions on the primer and allow for the correct drying time. Then you can paint with a gloss or semi-gloss paint designed to hold up under lots of use.

I'm getting ready to paint my old, laminate kitchen cabinets also. I was terrified they would look, "painted." I found kits at Lowes from Rustoleum to refinish your cabinets with a color and pattern. Go to their website to see the options at: http://rustoleu  sformations.com/

Also, Lowes has the very best options for cabinet knobs. Look at the options here: http://www.lowe  153__s?Ntt=knobs

All the best to you! I'm excited to get that fresh, new look! 8^)

Cindy

I have the original 90s honey oak cabinets in my kitchen. They are worn and outdated so I would like to paint them to give the kitchen a fresh look. I have a stucco type texture on the walls painted in a golden yellow with a brown glaze. The counters are a Rainforest Silestone with a black base color and flecks of dark green and golden yellow. My appliances are black and the floors are a basic beige tile. I'm thinking a soft white or ivory on the cabinets. I need suggestions please!

By Monica C

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenSeptember 8, 2011
😎
📓
🐛
🌻