Using Iron On Patches

I have found that iron-on patches can be very useful for mending and they come in all sorts of colors. Always round the corners of the iron-on patch, so they won't peel off. (You can also reinforce the patch with thread to make sure it stays on.) For lighter materials I have used iron-on facing material (it comes in black and white), which can mend a fine fabric without adding bulk to bring attention to the patch.

You can also use material for patching and secure with iron-on webbing. Recently I also read an old-time housekeeping book and they suggested mending lace with spray on starch. I haven't tried that, though.

By pam munro from Los Angeles, CA

You can mend a hole in a sweater with an iron-on patch (on the inside) made from a piece of pantihose and Stitch Witchery. A hole in a t-shirt can be covered up with an iron-on flower cut from a scrap of fabric and Stitch Witchery.

Home and Garden Repair ClothingOctober 6, 2011
🎂
🎃
🌻