Kitchen Countertop Color Advice

When remodeling your kitchen, choosing the best color countertop to coordinate with your cabinets and flooring can sometimes be challenging; there are so many options. This is a guide about kitchen countertop color advice.

April 14, 2016 Flag

I would like to cosmetically add to my kitchen. We are not painting cupboards or changing the floor. We have black appliances and I would like to keep the room fresh. I am willing to look at quartz with an undermount sink. I have primed the frames around the new windows and patio door. I would like to paint the room BM "abalone" and the accent walls "silver fox". What do you suggest for the counter? We have 64 square feet and I want to be certain of the choice.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you want to add a punch of color...I would think about dark hunter's an elegant color and would add richness to your kitchen..

April 25, 2015 Flag

I have yellow walls, a red, blue and yellow plaid valence with white sink and white tiles. What color Cambria counter top should I get?

I would go with some sort of neutral, because you can easily change curtains and wall colour, but you are stuck with countertop colour, unless you do an expensive re-do. I have no idea what colours this type of countertops come in, but you might consider some sort of white/mix, or grey marble look? I think what you want to avoid is the primary colours that you have used in your curtains; don't use blue, yellow or red, as that will limit the colour choice if you decide to change things up.

April 25, 2015 Flag

I am moving to a new town, and have decided to do child care in our new home so that I can stay home with my own 2 young children. I am looking for catchy names. It doesn't necessarily need to contain something with all of the following, but here are some facts -

My name is Ashley
We are a family of 4
I am going to help educate kids
We are moving into a brand new house
We are moving to a smaller farm town

Good luck on your plans! How about:

Ashley's Loving Arms Daycare

Tiny Blessings Daycare

'Their Second Home' Daycare

Ashley's Playroom

Ashley's Learning Center

Little Darlings Daycare

Baby Bear Daycare

April 12, 2013 Flag

I have whitewash cabinets with black appliances and a black sink. I need help with countertop color.

By Tammy

Try this. It's Better Homes and Gardens paint site where you can pick your colors for items in different rooms. Hope it helps. Good Luck

February 10, 2009 Flag

I was shown a very dark green, almost black countertop but I am unsure about it. My floor has terracotta type tiles and it was painted sort of a rust color. I've asked the contractor to bring me some ideas for the backsplash to see what he thinks could bring that color countertop and the tiles together. My cabinets are sort of a cognac or chestnut color.

Does anyone think that a dark green granite countertop sounds strange in a kitchen with the colors I've described? I realize that I shouldn't look at the colors like I'm matching an outfit and I've always matched things, sometimes to the point of boredom. I need some opinions. Thanks so much.

kimble67 from Jersey City, NJ

As long as the colors make you happy when you are the one to see them all the time. Pleasant is another feeling I go by when choosing colors. Nothing with conflict.

January 15, 2014 Flag

My kitchen has 8 inch dark forest green ceramic tiles that have a little black marbling and a very little grey in it. My problem is I want to replace the dark green marble look countertop. I am so done with it. My cupboards are white, appliances white, and walls a light grey. Can someone help me please?

By Joanne K.

Try a marbling that is mostly grey and white with a little green.

January 2, 2011 Flag

We are putting in a new kitchen. We have cherry cabinets and an orangish stone tile floor. I can't figure out what color countertop would look best. We are going to use Formica. Any ideas on colors?

By Jess from NY

Have you considered a warm gray, a gray with an orangish cast? The two other suggestions would work too. What can you live with? Counters can be a big investment. Greenish or bluish tinted light colors might be attractive if you want to tone down the red/orange. White or black will be high contrast and intensify the colors. If you can find them at a Goodwill store, get some towels or sheets of the colors you are considering and drape them across the existing counters so that color is the first thing you see when you come into the kitchen in the morning. That might help you.

April 6, 2013 Flag

What color counter tops would go good with apple green walls and medium maple cabinets?

By Wendy from Cleveland, TN

If you have a computer, search "green walls in kitchen". Hit "images" and it will give you a multitude of pictures showing different green colors on the walls and what their countertops look like with them.

July 22, 2010 Flag

Help! I have dark cherry bathroom cabinets, white 12 inch tile flooring, with inset of 2 inch teal green tile. I want to update with new counters and vessel sinks. What color counters would work with this flooring? Thanks.

By Conn from Sarasota, FL

I'm thinking something with teal in it; or a paler teal with a rich deep terra cotta (i.e. specks of one or the other color).

March 24, 2010 Flag

I need a blue for my kitchen counters. Not so dark that it looks black at night, but not light. We really like quartz. We are looking for that blue and yellow French look. The walls are yellow and the cabinets are white with blue flowers.

By Debbie from Berwyn, PA

I think quartz is ideal because it gives you some color variation that will add texture. I would go for a middle of the road, leaning toward lighter blue.

February 3, 2010 Flag

We are looking into getting new kitchen cabinets and countertops. We cannot afford to redo the whole kitchen. We like our light color wood floors and white appliances are in good condition. The walls are a pale yellow. What color cabinets and counters would go with the rest of the kitchen we are not changing?

By Jennifer from Rochester, NY

You've got a real neutral paint color so you could almost go anywhere with it. Perhaps a sage or cranberry (if you want bold color) or a warm, honey on the cabinets. Have you considered painting the cabinets?

Here's one link that might help:

Load More
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenApril 4, 2013
Kitchen with tile.
Kitchen Floor Tile Color Advice
Tiled Kitchen Wall
Kitchen Wall Tile Color Advice
Kitchen Countertop
Removing Super Glue from Kitchen Countertop
Yellow Bathroom Floor
Bathroom Floor Color Advice