Kitchen Countertop Color Advice

When remodeling your kitchen, choosing the best color countertop to coordinate with your cabinets and flooring can sometimes be challenging; there are so many options. This is a guide about kitchen countertop color advice.

Kitchen Countertop
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 14, 2016 Flag

I would like to cosmetically add to my kitchen. We are not painting cupboards or changing the floor. We have black appliances and I would like to keep the room fresh. I am willing to look at quartz with an undermount sink. I have primed the frames around the new windows and patio door. I would like to paint the room BM "abalone" and the accent walls "silver fox". What do you suggest for the counter? We have 64 square feet and I want to be certain of the choice.

Choosing a Kitchen CountertopChoosing a Kitchen CountertopChoosing a Kitchen Countertop
    Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 25, 2015 Flag

I have yellow walls, a red, blue and yellow plaid valence with white sink and white tiles. What color Cambria counter top should I get?

I would go with some sort of neutral, because you can easily change curtains and wall colour, but you are stuck with countertop colour, unless you do an expensive re-do. I have no idea what colours this type of countertops come in, but you might consider some sort of white/mix, or grey marble look? I think what you want to avoid is the primary colours that you have used in your curtains; don't use blue, yellow or red, as that will limit the colour choice if you decide to change things up.

April 25, 2015 Flag

I am moving to a new town, and have decided to do child care in our new home so that I can stay home with my own 2 young children. I am looking for catchy names. It doesn't necessarily need to contain something with all of the following, but here are some facts -

My name is Ashley
      We are a family of 4
      I am going to help educate kids
      We are moving into a brand new house
      We are moving to a smaller farm town

Good luck on your plans! How about:

Ashley's Loving Arms Daycare

Tiny Blessings Daycare

'Their Second Home' Daycare

Ashley's Playroom

Ashley's Learning Center

Little Darlings Daycare

Baby Bear Daycare

April 12, 2013 Flag

I have whitewash cabinets with black appliances and a black sink. I need help with countertop color.

By Tammy

Speckled white/gray.

Read More Answers...

January 15, 2014 Flag

My kitchen has 8 inch dark forest green ceramic tiles that have a little black marbling and a very little grey in it. My problem is I want to replace the dark green marble look countertop. I am so done with it. My cupboards are white, appliances white, and walls a light grey. Can someone help me please?

By Joanne K.

A new countertop would be the simplest way to go, lots of kitchen specialists will come in, take the old counter top off and install a new one in whatever colour you like.

A cheaper solution would be to remove ceramic tiles, sand/grind down the base and apply a different material over it -- such as arborite or some of the other new plastics. Getting it to stick can be difficult. It is usually best to add on another substrate- such 1/2 inch construction grade ply (with water resistant glue), and fill any dimples and apply the new material on top.

If the counter has a corner, I would get a specific contractor to come in, for a super job, one you'll be happy with for a long time. Will cost more, but satisfaction will last a lot longer (decade or more) than the happiness of saving a few dollars (usually a few days or weeks).

Read More Answers...

February 10, 2009 Flag

I was shown a very dark green, almost black countertop but I am unsure about it. My floor has terracotta type tiles and it was painted sort of a rust color. I've asked the contractor to bring me some ideas for the backsplash to see what he thinks could bring that color countertop and the tiles together. My cabinets are sort of a cognac or chestnut color.

Does anyone think that a dark green granite countertop sounds strange in a kitchen with the colors I've described? I realize that I shouldn't look at the colors like I'm matching an outfit and I've always matched things, sometimes to the point of boredom. I need some opinions. Thanks so much.

kimble67 from Jersey City, NJ

To T&T Grandma: Yeah, that's the thing, That's good advice also, "Pleasant" that is something I'll consider - I really like the colors but not sure that I want to commit to them ONLY because my husband and I would like to sell the house in a few years, so although the beige's and tan's for countertops tend to be more common, I might just go that route. We'll see.

Read More Answers...

January 2, 2011 Flag

We are putting in a new kitchen. We have cherry cabinets and an orangish stone tile floor. I can't figure out what color countertop would look best. We are going to use Formica. Any ideas on colors?

By Jess from NY

Think Southwest and stick to earth tones. My vets office has this same coloring. For a long time they had a particular shade of pale blue that was very complimentary (an earthy light blue, nothing garish) and now they have redone it with a buttery shade of yellow that also looks great. Sage greens would also work.

Read More Answers...

April 6, 2013 Flag

What color counter tops would go good with apple green walls and medium maple cabinets?

By Wendy from Cleveland, TN

I think a pale yellow might look nice.

Read More Answers...

July 22, 2010 Flag

Help! I have dark cherry bathroom cabinets, white 12 inch tile flooring, with inset of 2 inch teal green tile. I want to update with new counters and vessel sinks. What color counters would work with this flooring? Thanks.

By Conn from Sarasota, FL

What color is the main part of the tile? I am thinking teal, either a shade lighter or darker than the floor tile accent.

Read More Answers...

March 24, 2010 Flag

I need a blue for my kitchen counters. Not so dark that it looks black at night, but not light. We really like quartz. We are looking for that blue and yellow French look. The walls are yellow and the cabinets are white with blue flowers.

By Debbie from Berwyn, PA

I have a neighbor who just redid her kitchen. Although she used a granite, the colors in it were beautiful and unique. It had several shades of blue/green (light to medium) with flecks of a quartz-like blue/green. It looks almost like moving water. Maybe you could find something like it in blue (and in quartz),

Read More Answers...

February 3, 2010 Flag

We are looking into getting new kitchen cabinets and countertops. We cannot afford to redo the whole kitchen. We like our light color wood floors and white appliances are in good condition. The walls are a pale yellow. What color cabinets and counters would go with the rest of the kitchen we are not changing?

By Jennifer from Rochester, NY

The cabinets we have now are pieces of junk. They have been painted several times already, are white now, and are falling apart. Whatever they are made of is cheap and starting to fall apart. So, refacing or replacing the fronts of the cabinets is out of the question. On top of that, we will be adding a few more cabinets where there is unused space in the kitchen. Attached is a pic of the kitchen where you can see the floor color and the wall color. I know you can't tell how bad the cabinets are by the pic but even when you open them the insides are starting to break down.

I like the idea of Honey cabinets. Would you suggest darker countertops then?

Read More Answers...

July 17, 2013 Flag

My cabinets are beige. I'm looking for colours for my countertops and floor. Grey floor comes to mind, and mulling over black, dotted brown, or maroon top. I can't seem to see this combination in pictures on the internet.
        Thank you.

By Katherine from Malaysia

My kitchen cabinets are oak and we chose a black quartz with a silver and gold fleck and painted the walls a Tuscan gold. It really looks nice. I wouldn't go with a solid black, it is just too much and shows spots and streaks. Try this site for color choices. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q ... t=Avanza+Quartz+Colors&FORM=IGRE

April 18, 2013 Flag

I have a yellow kitchen with oak cabinets, wood floors and trim. I recently purchased stainless steel appliances and am now hoping to get new countertops and backsplash. What shade of countertops and back splash should I be looking at? The lighting in my kitchen is a Tiffany style ( not Tiffany brand.. ;0) ) lighting with pieces of colored glass, such as reds, blues, greens, and yellow. I like the idea of a glass tile backsplash or the tin. The countertop shade also has me stumped. Help?

By Josie W.

I am a little confused as to why you purchased stainless appliances with the style of kitchen you have. If you could give your thinking it would be easier to see what you hoped to accomplish decor wise. They seem a bit conflicted. What color are your counters now? Maybe you need to change the color of your walls instead, perhaps even with a wall paper style that would tie all this together.

May 23, 2010 Flag

I have mocha maple cabinets and peach flower granite on the floor. What color granite counter top can I use with this combo?

By Sini from NY

I have black appliances with oak cabinets and we want to replace counter tops what color and style would be the best?

Read More Answers...

November 16, 2011 Flag

I have white cabinets, dark kitchen, and wood flooring. What color Silestone should I choose for the countertops?

By Maxine

Probably a color in between the dark and light would look the best. The white and I presume you meant dark applances would be cold looking so a warm color might be more appealing. Pick your favorite color and work lighter from there. Kitchen counters are something you will be looking at most of the time, so it must be a color you can live with.

September 17, 2011 Flag

I have a mocha glaze kitchen cabinets. I am trying to choose a granite counter top. I need to decide between black galaxy and verde butterfly a dark green. My floor and back splash are both beige. I would also like some ideas for wall paint colors. Thank you.

By Fadia from Leonia, NJ

I think I would go with the verde butterfly to give you a little color. But the black would also look very nice. I think either color would give you lots of options to add color to your kitchen in wall art, window treatments, etc. Your accent color(s) could be any color with either granite or change with the seasons. You could have yellow or orange placemats, tablecloth, towels, etc. for fall, red for the holidays. We recently chose a yellow granite for our countertops. They haven't been installed yet. I don't think I helped much to answer your question, but maybe gave you some food for thought. Good luck with your project.

April 19, 2011 Flag

I want to paint my kitchen red. I have merlot cabinets and want to bring orange into the color scheme (curtains, etc.). What color should my countertop be?

Answer This QuestionMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes
        Load More
        Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenApril 4, 2013
        Kitchen with tile.
        Kitchen Floor Tile Color Advice
        Tiled Kitchen Wall
        Kitchen Wall Tile Color Advice
        Kitchen Countertop
        Removing Super Glue from Kitchen Countertop
        Yellow Bathroom Floor
        Bathroom Floor Color Advice
        © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 26, 2016 at 4:03:41 PM on 10.0.1.238 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.