Browsing: Kitchen Countertop Color Advice

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Kitchen Countertop Color Advice

When remodeling your kitchen, choosing the best color countertop to coordinate with your cabinets and flooring can sometimes be challenging; there are so many options. This is a guide about kitchen countertop color advice.

Kitchen Countertop
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 14, 2016 Flag

I would like to cosmetically add to my kitchen. We are not painting cupboards or changing the floor. We have black appliances and I would like to keep the room fresh. I am willing to look at quartz with an undermount sink. I have primed the frames around the new windows and patio door. I would like to paint the room BM "abalone" and the accent walls "silver fox". What do you suggest for the counter? We have 64 square feet and I want to be certain of the choice.

Choosing a Kitchen CountertopChoosing a Kitchen CountertopChoosing a Kitchen Countertop
Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you want to add a punch of color...I would think about dark hunter green...it's an elegant color and would add richness to your kitchen..

April 25, 2015 Flag

I have yellow walls, a red, blue and yellow plaid valence with white sink and white tiles. What color Cambria counter top should I get?

I would go with some sort of neutral, because you can easily change curtains and wall colour, but you are stuck with countertop colour, unless you do an expensive re-do. I have no idea what colours this type of countertops come in, but you might consider some sort of white/mix, or grey marble look? I think what you want to avoid is the primary colours that you have used in your curtains; don't use blue, yellow or red, as that will limit the colour choice if you decide to change things up.

April 25, 2015 Flag

I am moving to a new town, and have decided to do child care in our new home so that I can stay home with my own 2 young children. I am looking for catchy names. It doesn't necessarily need to contain something with all of the following, but here are some facts -

My name is Ashley
We are a family of 4
I am going to help educate kids
We are moving into a brand new house
We are moving to a smaller farm town

Good luck on your plans! How about:

Ashley's Loving Arms Daycare

Tiny Blessings Daycare

'Their Second Home' Daycare

Ashley's Playroom

Ashley's Learning Center

Little Darlings Daycare

Baby Bear Daycare

April 12, 2013 Flag

I have whitewash cabinets with black appliances and a black sink. I need help with countertop color.

By Tammy

Speckled white/gray.

Read More Answers...

February 10, 2009 Flag

I was shown a very dark green, almost black countertop but I am unsure about it. My floor has terracotta type tiles and it was painted sort of a rust color. I've asked the contractor to bring me some ideas for the backsplash to see what he thinks could bring that color countertop and the tiles together. My cabinets are sort of a cognac or chestnut color.

Does anyone think that a dark green granite countertop sounds strange in a kitchen with the colors I've described? I realize that I shouldn't look at the colors like I'm matching an outfit and I've always matched things, sometimes to the point of boredom. I need some opinions. Thanks so much.

kimble67 from Jersey City, NJ

To T&T Grandma: Yeah, that's the thing, That's good advice also, "Pleasant" that is something I'll consider - I really like the colors but not sure that I want to commit to them ONLY because my husband and I would like to sell the house in a few years, so although the beige's and tan's for countertops tend to be more common, I might just go that route. We'll see.

Read More Answers...

January 15, 2014 Flag

My kitchen has 8 inch dark forest green ceramic tiles that have a little black marbling and a very little grey in it. My problem is I want to replace the dark green marble look countertop. I am so done with it. My cupboards are white, appliances white, and walls a light grey. Can someone help me please?

By Joanne K.

A new countertop would be the simplest way to go, lots of kitchen specialists will come in, take the old counter top off and install a new one in whatever colour you like.

A cheaper solution would be to remove ceramic tiles, sand/grind down the base and apply a different material over it -- such as arborite or some of the other new plastics. Getting it to stick can be difficult. It is usually best to add on another substrate- such 1/2 inch construction grade ply (with water resistant glue), and fill any dimples and apply the new material on top.

If the counter has a corner, I would get a specific contractor to come in, for a super job, one you'll be happy with for a long time. Will cost more, but satisfaction will last a lot longer (decade or more) than the happiness of saving a few dollars (usually a few days or weeks).

Read More Answers...

January 2, 2011 Flag

We are putting in a new kitchen. We have cherry cabinets and an orangish stone tile floor. I can't figure out what color countertop would look best. We are going to use Formica. Any ideas on colors?

By Jess from NY

Think Southwest and stick to earth tones. My vets office has this same coloring. For a long time they had a particular shade of pale blue that was very complimentary (an earthy light blue, nothing garish) and now they have redone it with a buttery shade of yellow that also looks great. Sage greens would also work.

Read More Answers...

April 6, 2013 Flag

What color counter tops would go good with apple green walls and medium maple cabinets?

By Wendy from Cleveland, TN

I think a pale yellow might look nice.

Read More Answers...

July 22, 2010 Flag

Help! I have dark cherry bathroom cabinets, white 12 inch tile flooring, with inset of 2 inch teal green tile. I want to update with new counters and vessel sinks. What color counters would work with this flooring? Thanks.

By Conn from Sarasota, FL

I'm thinking something with teal in it; or a paler teal with a rich deep terra cotta (i.e. specks of one or the other color).

What color is the main part of the tile? I am thinking teal, either a shade lighter or darker than the floor tile accent.

March 24, 2010 Flag

I need a blue for my kitchen counters. Not so dark that it looks black at night, but not light. We really like quartz. We are looking for that blue and yellow French look. The walls are yellow and the cabinets are white with blue flowers.

Load More
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenApril 4, 2013
Kitchen with tile.
Kitchen Floor Tile Color Advice
Tiled Kitchen Wall
Kitchen Wall Tile Color Advice
Kitchen Countertop
Removing Super Glue from Kitchen Countertop
Yellow Bathroom Floor
Bathroom Floor Color Advice
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 11, 2016 at 12:33:00 PM on 10.0.1.7 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.