Swiffer WetJet Isn't Working

The main reason your probably purchased your WetJet was the spray feature. So when it stops working it is very frustrating. This is a guide about when Swiffer WetJet isn't working.

June 12, 2015 Flag

After trying all of the other suggestions to get my Swiffer Wet Jet working again, i.e.: change batteries, make sure batteries are in properly with the door closed all the way, clean spray openings, clean off battery acid if batteries were corroded, etc., I watched a YouTube video. It said to take acetone based nail polish remover to the battery connectors inside the casing and let dry completely. Re-install the batteries. This worked for me! I can't believe it was just that after trying everything else! So hopefully this helps you.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nlpVLRrTWI

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments

April 13, 2015 Flag

I noticed some people find that Swiffer WetJet won't spray. There are a few reasons this might be but one of them is to check the batteries. It's difficult to read labeling but the batteries go in different ways on both sides (left and right). One way they are positive up, the other they are negative up.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment

April 24, 2016 Flag

I have changed the batteries and took them out and re-inserted them, cleaned the spray valves and poked with a pin, all of this and it still doesn't work. When I push the button there is no sound or spray. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

P.S. I have pushed that button 50 times

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

In addition to checking that the battery leads don't have corrosion, also make sure the prongs (mine has prongs, but other models may differ) are far out enough to make contact with the batteries. My stopped working, and no luck with new batteries. However, when I used a screwdriver to gently pull the prongs out some, it made better contact with the fresh batteries. Works great now!

My bottom screw was stripped and in a little crooked so it is impossible for me to change batteries. Darn!

I followed your instructions. Cleaned the contacts, put in new batteries. It's working great. Saved money. Thank you.

May 19, 2013 Flag

Where are the batteries located? I just purchased the Swiffer. I never realized that the handle was already extended. I secured solution, pressed the trigger, and nothing happened. Is there anything else aside from lack of batteries? What size battery and how many?

By Rose

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The new Swiffer Wetjet batteries are in a different place from the old Swiffer Wetjet. It takes 4 AA batteries. The battery compartment is behind the bottle. Take the bottle out and you'll see a place that says OPEN. place your thumb on this place and slide down. The compartment will open. I replaced my batteries today and it still didn't work for a minute and then all of a sudden when I kept pressing the spray button, it started spraying. Then I checked the old batteries and they were fine. So I guess for some reason sometimes for it to work, you have to take the batteries out and put them back in. And then you have to press the spray button about 20 times. Strange...

Four AA batteries.

December 2, 2014 Flag

I have put a new bottle of solution in the mop, but nothing will spray out. Suggestions?

By Jane

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can go to ehow website or youtube for tutorials on troubleshooting swiffer wetjets.

spray comes out of only 1 hole in the pad

January 8, 2009 Flag

I have a Swiffer Wet Jet and love it. I have been using vinegar and water in the bottle. It just stopped one day, so I bought another one, and the same thing happened. Has anyone had the same problem? Do you think it is the vinegar and water?

Sue from New York

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The idea of changing the batteries is essential. Your WetJet may sound like the batteries are good yet not work. Changing the batteries magically brings it back to life!

I think I may have figured out the solution. Yes, make sure your batteries aren't dead, but you might try pushing the liquid dispenser while moving the mop back and forth. I find that when I want a ton of liquid in one area I'll stop to squeeze squeeze squeeze, and that's when it stops working, but if I am continuously moving the mop then the liquid will dispense. Hope this helps and hopefully it's the solution.

I was so very frustrated by this, then I found out what was wrong. I tried new batteries. Still nothing. The thing is new so I was pretty sure it wasn't clogged jets, but I cleaned them anyway. I took the batteries out and out them back in.

Then I discovered the miracle cure. Take a look at that little door on the newer models behind which you place the batteries. After you put in the new batteries, make sure you slide the door all the way down. You will hear a click. If the door is only being held closed by the bottle, it will not work.

March 7, 2015 Flag

What happens when a sprayer on a Swifter WetJet does not spray and how do you fix it?

By Jok F.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My wet jet won't spray! I've replaced batteries, cleaned sprayer holes & don't know what else to do!

February 9, 2009 Flag

I refilled my WetJet and now when I use it, it doesn't spray well. The solution only shoots out weakly a few inches. Did I do something wrong and is there any way to fix this?

Mary from Hummelstown, PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Be careful if using the Swifferwetjet solution--I've read that it can be very harmful to small children and pets because it contains some dangerous chemicals.

Thanks, Nancy!

Oh, boy, batteries!! Do I ever feel stupid!

I never even thought about the batteries.

I just figured because I had messed with the bottle ( I cut the threads inside the cap) I had done something wrong!

It's fine now, thanks!! LOL!

And Bonnie, the dangerous solution thing is a hoax.

If it were true, they would have to recommend that it not be used in homes with children/pets.

http://www.snop  ader/swiffer.asp

I was going to suggest batteries but see someone already has. I want to respond to the statement that the solution is harmful...FALSE ! You can check this yourself on www.snopes.com This is a rumor that's been going around for ages and simply isn't true. I have 4 cats and 2 dogs who are healthy living proof!

January 21, 2013 Flag

I recently purchased a Swiffer WetJet and when I went to use it, it is not spraying. I have the bottle of liquid in it that came with it. I must be doing something wrong. Please help.

By Sue M from Boylston, MA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have purchased 3 swiffer wetjets and none of them spray. Have replace the batteries - still not working. It was great in the beginning and now a complete disappointment. Any clue what's wrong?

I had the same problem and tried the earlier suggestion posted here. To clean where the battery connects with nail polish remover and was shocked that it worked...

April 17, 2015 Flag

My machine is new, it is the first time I'm using it and it is only squirting out of one side. I guess it is clogged.

By Debbie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 1, 2014 Flag

I have a Swiffer Wet Jet CE. The batteries are fine, but when the switch on the handle is pressed the motor does not run to release the spray. Do you have a solution for this? Thank you.

By Richard from Stanardsville, VA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 26, 2014 Flag

I haven't used it in awhile, so I got a new bottle of solution, new pad, new batteries and, nothing. I can hear the motor running, but nothing comes out. Am I doing something wrong? I know it's been awhile since I've used it, but it can't be that complicated is it?

By ls

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 8, 2014 Flag

I bought new batteries and the spray still doesn't come out! I think the commercials are wrong. I am very disappointed.

By Marquette

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsMay 29, 2013
WetJet Package
Unclogging a Swiffer Wet Jet
Swiffer Wet Jet
Replacing the Bottle on a Swiffer Wet Jet
Swiffer WetJet
Replacement Parts for a Swiffer WetJet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 2:22:21 PM on 10.0.0.202 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.