Share & Vote
Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Swiffer WetJet Isn't Working

0 0EmailFollow
Swiffer WetJet

The main reason your probably purchased your WetJet was the spray feature. So when it stops working it is very frustrating. This is a guide about when Swiffer WetJet isn't working.

Here are questions related to Swiffer WetJet Isn't Working.

Question: Swiffer WetJet Not Working

Where are the batteries located? I just purchased the Swiffer. I never realized that the handle was already extended. I secured solution, pressed the trigger, and nothing happened. Is there anything else aside from lack of batteries? What size battery and how many?

By Rose

Most Recent Answer

By Candice Woeltjen V.01/25/2014

The new Swiffer Wetjet batteries are in a different place from the old Swiffer Wetjet. It takes 4 AA batteries. The battery compartment is behind the bottle. Take the bottle out and you'll see a place that says OPEN. place your thumb on this place and slide down. The compartment will open. I replaced my batteries today and it still didn't work for a minute and then all of a sudden when I kept pressing the spray button, it started spraying. Then I checked the old batteries and they were fine. So I guess for some reason sometimes for it to work, you have to take the batteries out and put them back in. And then you have to press the spray button about 20 times. Strange...

Question: Swiffer Wet Jet Stopped Working

I have a Swiffer Wet Jet and love it. I have been using vinegar and water in the bottle. It just stopped one day, so I bought another one, and the same thing happened. Has anyone had the same problem? Do you think it is the vinegar and water?

Sue from New York

Most Recent Answer

By Lisa Elliott J.03/05/2015

I was SO very frustrated by this, then I found out what was wrong. I tried new batteries. Still nothing. The thing is new so I was pretty sure it wasn't clogged jets, but I cleaned them anyway. I took the batteries out and out them back in. Then I discovered the miracle cure. Take a look at that little door on the newer models behind which you place the batteries. After you put in the new batteries, make sure you slide the door all the way down. You will hear a click. If the door is only being held closed by the bottle, it will not work.

Question: Swiffer WetJet Not Spraying Well

I refilled my WetJet and now when I use it, it doesn't spray well. The solution only shoots out weakly a few inches. Did I do something wrong and is there any way to fix this?

Mary from Hummelstown, PA

Most Recent Answer

By Bobbie (Guest Post)02/10/2009

I was going to suggest batteries but see someone already has. I want to respond to the statement that the solution is harmful...FALSE ! You can check this yourself on www.snopes.com This is a rumor that's been going around for ages and simply isn't true. I have 4 cats and 2 dogs who are healthy living proof!

Question: Swiffer Wet Jet Won't Spray

I have put a new bottle of solution in the mop, but nothing will spray out. Suggestions?

By Jane

Most Recent Answer

By Abigail A. [8]12/03/2014

You can go to ehow website or youtube for tutorials on troubleshooting swiffer wetjets.

Question: Repairing a Swiffer Wet Jet

I have a Swiffer Wet Jet CE. The batteries are fine, but when the switch on the handle is pressed the motor does not run to release the spray. Do you have a solution for this? Thank you.

By Richard from Stanardsville, VA

Question: WetJet Won't Dispense Cleaner

I haven't used it in awhile, so I got a new bottle of solution, new pad, new batteries and, nothing. I can hear the motor running, but nothing comes out. Am I doing something wrong? I know it's been awhile since I've used it, but it can't be that complicated is it?

By ls

Most Recent Answer

By Peggy Popovich02/20/2015

The WetJet have been working fine. However last time it did not word. I reloaded the cleaner and it work. However, I am removing and reloaded the cleaner but the WetJet did not work. Help me!

Question: New Swiffer WetJet Not Spraying

I recently purchased a Swiffer WetJet and when I went to use it, it is not spraying. I have the bottle of liquid in it that came with it. I must be doing something wrong. Please help.

By Sue M from Boylston, MA

Most Recent Answer

By jimnell6209/18/2013

I have purchased 3 swiffer wetjets and none of them spray. Have replace the batteries - still not working. It was great in the beginning and now a complete disappointment. Any clue what's wrong?

Question: Repairing the Sprayer on a Swifter WetJet

What happens when a sprayer on a Swifter WetJet does not spray and how do you fix it?

By Jok F.

Question: My Wetjet Stopped Spraying

I bought new batteries and the spray still doesn't come out! I think the commercials are wrong. I am very disappointed.

By Marquette

Solutions: Swiffer WetJet Isn't Working

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!