Swiffer WetJet Isn't Working

The main reason your probably purchased your WetJet was the spray feature. So when it stops working it is very frustrating. This is a guide about when Swiffer WetJet isn't working.

After trying all of the other suggestions to get my Swiffer Wet Jet working again, i.e.: change batteries, make sure batteries are in properly with the door closed all the way, clean spray openings, clean off battery acid if batteries were corroded, etc., I watched a YouTube video. It said to take acetone based nail polish remover to the battery connectors inside the casing and let dry completely. Re-install the batteries. This worked for me! I can't believe it was just that after trying everything else! So hopefully this helps you.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nlpVLRrTWI

Replaced batteries but no joy. Inspected for possible corrosion still no joy. Toe the unit apart and found the motor was cruded up with corrosion. Looked like the pump shaft had leaked solution and it leaked into the motor along the shaft. Closer inspection of the motor reveals the brushes are gone. Since it appears to be a throwaway I will buy another. Very frustrating for something so simple to be totally unrepairable.

I noticed some people find that Swiffer WetJet won't spray. There are a few reasons this might be but one of them is to check the batteries. It's difficult to read labeling but the batteries go in different ways on both sides (left and right). One way they are positive up, the other they are negative up.

LOL same here! Had no idea there were batteries or where they were located! Once I found them and changed them- problem solved!

thanks for the help!

Mop cleaning a wooden floor.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

The Swiffer WetJet spray can be prone to clogging. If you can get the clog clerked out, your Swiffer WetJet will be working as good as new. This is a guide about fixing a Swiffer WetJet that is not spraying.

I have changed the batteries and took them out and re-inserted them, cleaned the spray valves and poked with a pin, all of this and it still doesn't work. When I push the button there is no sound or spray. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

P.S. I have pushed that button 50 times

Answer Was this helpful? 1

In addition to checking that the battery leads don't have corrosion, also make sure the prongs (mine has prongs, but other models may differ) are far out enough to make contact with the batteries. My stopped working, and no luck with new batteries. However, when I used a screwdriver to gently pull the prongs out some, it made better contact with the fresh batteries. Works great now!

My bottom screw was stripped and in a little crooked so it is impossible for me to change batteries. Darn!

I followed your instructions. Cleaned the contacts, put in new batteries. It's working great. Saved money. Thank you.

I just unboxed and put it together, it won't spray the solution. I changed the batteries and tried it before putting the solution back in and the motor seems to work, however when I put the solution in it doesn't clip and will fall out if I try to make the sweeping motion. I can't seem to get the solution to click into place. I of course can't find the receipt to return it. Any ideas?

You can try this:

Take acetone based nail polish remover to the battery connectors inside the casing and let dry completely. Re-install the batteries.

I believe that i would try returning it even without a receipt. If you bought it on a debit or credit card maybe you can print out the store receipt where it shows payment and date. Even if there were other things on the receipt the stores can look up that date and find your receipt with item listed. I have done this before with Walmart and they honored it.

I just think you might have even more problems as this could just be a defective item. If that does not work then maybe you could go to the company web site and tell them your story and problem and I feel sure they would help you.

here is their website if you wish to contact them:

http://swiffer.  en-us/contact-us

Where are the batteries located? I just purchased the Swiffer. I never realized that the handle was already extended. I secured solution, pressed the trigger, and nothing happened. Is there anything else aside from lack of batteries? What size battery and how many?

By Rose

Answer Was this helpful? 1

The new Swiffer Wetjet batteries are in a different place from the old Swiffer Wetjet. It takes 4 AA batteries. The battery compartment is behind the bottle. Take the bottle out and you'll see a place that says OPEN. place your thumb on this place and slide down. The compartment will open. I replaced my batteries today and it still didn't work for a minute and then all of a sudden when I kept pressing the spray button, it started spraying. Then I checked the old batteries and they were fine. So I guess for some reason sometimes for it to work, you have to take the batteries out and put them back in. And then you have to press the spray button about 20 times. Strange...

Four AA batteries.

I have put a new bottle of solution in the mop, but nothing will spray out. Suggestions?

By Jane

You can go to ehow website or youtube for tutorials on troubleshooting swiffer wetjets.

spray comes out of only 1 hole in the pad

I have a Swiffer Wet Jet and love it. I have been using vinegar and water in the bottle. It just stopped one day, so I bought another one, and the same thing happened. Has anyone had the same problem? Do you think it is the vinegar and water?

Sue from New York

The idea of changing the batteries is essential. Your WetJet may sound like the batteries are good yet not work. Changing the batteries magically brings it back to life!

I think I may have figured out the solution. Yes, make sure your batteries aren't dead, but you might try pushing the liquid dispenser while moving the mop back and forth. I find that when I want a ton of liquid in one area I'll stop to squeeze squeeze squeeze, and that's when it stops working, but if I am continuously moving the mop then the liquid will dispense. Hope this helps and hopefully it's the solution.

I was so very frustrated by this, then I found out what was wrong. I tried new batteries. Still nothing. The thing is new so I was pretty sure it wasn't clogged jets, but I cleaned them anyway. I took the batteries out and out them back in.

Then I discovered the miracle cure. Take a look at that little door on the newer models behind which you place the batteries. After you put in the new batteries, make sure you slide the door all the way down. You will hear a click. If the door is only being held closed by the bottle, it will not work.

What happens when a sprayer on a Swifter WetJet does not spray and how do you fix it?

By Jok F.

My wet jet won't spray! I've replaced batteries, cleaned sprayer holes & don't know what else to do!

I have a Swiffer Wet Jet CE. The batteries are fine, but when the switch on the handle is pressed the motor does not run to release the spray. Do you have a solution for this? Thank you.

By Richard from Stanardsville, VA

I have a Swiffer Wet Jet CE. The batteries are fine, but when the switch on the handle is pressed the motor does not run to release the spray. Do you have a solution for this?

My machine is new, it is the first time I'm using it and it is only squirting out of one side. I guess it is clogged.

By Debbie

I haven't used it in awhile, so I got a new bottle of solution, new pad, new batteries and, nothing. I can hear the motor running, but nothing comes out. Am I doing something wrong? I know it's been awhile since I've used it, but it can't be that complicated is it?

By ls