Browsing: Swiffer WetJet Isn't Working

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Swiffer WetJet Isn't Working

The main reason your probably purchased your WetJet was the spray feature. So when it stops working it is very frustrating. This is a guide about when Swiffer WetJet isn't working.

Swiffer WetJet
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 24, 2016 Flag

I have changed the batteries and took them out and re-inserted them, cleaned the spray valves and poked with a pin, all of this and it still doesn't work. When I push the button there is no sound or spray. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

P.S. I have pushed that button 50 times

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Open the battery compartment (on mine it just lifts right out). Check the metal leads at the top (where the batteries make contact). Make sure the metal is shiny with no corrosion. If there is corrosion (it was a bluish-green on mine), take some sandpaper and sand off all of the corrosion (this took me 5-10 minutes - an easy task). Then reinstall the batteries and it should work like new. Anyway, mine did!

In addition to checking that the battery leads don't have corrosion, also make sure the prongs (mine has prongs, but other models may differ) are far out enough to make contact with the batteries. My stopped working, and no luck with new batteries. However, when I used a screwdriver to gently pull the prongs out some, it made better contact with the fresh batteries. Works great now!

My bottom screw was stripped and in a little crooked so it is impossible for me to change batteries. Darn!

April 13, 2015 Flag

I noticed some people find that Swiffer WetJet won't spray. There are a few reasons this might be but one of them is to check the batteries. It's difficult to read labeling but the batteries go in different ways on both sides (left and right). One way they are positive up, the other they are negative up.

June 12, 2015 Flag

After trying all of the other suggestions to get my Swiffer Wet Jet working again, i.e.: change batteries, make sure batteries are in properly with the door closed all the way, clean spray openings, clean off battery acid if batteries were corroded, etc., I watched a YouTube video. It said to take acetone based nail polish remover to the battery connectors inside the casing and let dry completely. Re-install the batteries. This worked for me! I can't believe it was just that after trying everything else! So hopefully this helps you.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nlpVLRrTWI

May 19, 2013 Flag

Where are the batteries located? I just purchased the Swiffer. I never realized that the handle was already extended. I secured solution, pressed the trigger, and nothing happened. Is there anything else aside from lack of batteries? What size battery and how many?

By Rose

The new Swiffer Wetjet batteries are in a different place from the old Swiffer Wetjet. It takes 4 AA batteries. The battery compartment is behind the bottle. Take the bottle out and you'll see a place that says OPEN. place your thumb on this place and slide down. The compartment will open. I replaced my batteries today and it still didn't work for a minute and then all of a sudden when I kept pressing the spray button, it started spraying. Then I checked the old batteries and they were fine. So I guess for some reason sometimes for it to work, you have to take the batteries out and put them back in. And then you have to press the spray button about 20 times. Strange...

Four AA batteries.

December 2, 2014 Flag

I have put a new bottle of solution in the mop, but nothing will spray out. Suggestions?

By Jane

You can go to ehow website or youtube for tutorials on troubleshooting swiffer wetjets.

spray comes out of only 1 hole in the pad

January 8, 2009 Flag

I have a Swiffer Wet Jet and love it. I have been using vinegar and water in the bottle. It just stopped one day, so I bought another one, and the same thing happened. Has anyone had the same problem? Do you think it is the vinegar and water?

Sue from New York

Thank you thriftyfun! I have mastered the art of unclogging swiffer wet jets. First, rise off the jets with hot water and stick a pin up into each jet. I used a quilting pin because they are thin and about 1.5 inches long and have a nice round head so it's easy to pull it in and out. Then I replaced all four AA batteries. The swiffer wet jet requires fresh batteries. (Still cheaper than paying someone else to mop my floor.) Now both of my wet jets work like new. I had bought the second one before accepting that this problem required some research.

The idea of changing the batteries is essential. Your WetJet may sound like the batteries are good yet not work. Changing the batteries magically brings it back to life!

I think I may have figured out the solution. Yes, make sure your batteries aren't dead, but you might try pushing the liquid dispenser while moving the mop back and forth. I find that when I want a ton of liquid in one area I'll stop to squeeze squeeze squeeze, and that's when it stops working, but if I am continuously moving the mop then the liquid will dispense. Hope this helps and hopefully it's the solution.

I was so very frustrated by this, then I found out what was wrong. I tried new batteries. Still nothing. The thing is new so I was pretty sure it wasn't clogged jets, but I cleaned them anyway. I took the batteries out and out them back in.

Then I discovered the miracle cure. Take a look at that little door on the newer models behind which you place the batteries. After you put in the new batteries, make sure you slide the door all the way down. You will hear a click. If the door is only being held closed by the bottle, it will not work.

Thank you! Only one 'sprayer' was working - I tried this and both are working!

February 9, 2009 Flag

I refilled my WetJet and now when I use it, it doesn't spray well. The solution only shoots out weakly a few inches. Did I do something wrong and is there any way to fix this?

January 21, 2013 Flag

I recently purchased a Swiffer WetJet and when I went to use it, it is not spraying. I have the bottle of liquid in it that came with it. I must be doing something wrong. Please help.

By Sue M from Boylston, MA

I have purchased 3 swiffer wetjets and none of them spray. Have replace the batteries - still not working. It was great in the beginning and now a complete disappointment. Any clue what's wrong?

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsMay 29, 2013
WetJet Package
Unclogging a Swiffer Wet Jet
Swiffer Wet Jet
Replacing the Bottle on a Swiffer Wet Jet
Swiffer WetJet
Replacement Parts for a Swiffer WetJet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 25, 2016 at 10:07:42 AM on 10.0.0.74 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.