American Pit Bull Terrier Information and Photos

Category Pit Bull
Known to be energetic, loyal and strong, these dogs are eager to please their human companions. This page contains American pit bull terrier information and photos.

I am surprised to see three requests in the first three pages of topics about the nature of pit bulls. Dog lovers, be aware, pit bulls are bred to fight. So if you are seeing agressive behavior or biting, this is natural for them.

I've known incredibly sweet pitbulls but they are very strong and will defned themselves in a way that can harm others.

My daughter, at three years old, was bitten on the forehead by a pitbull that only meant to snap at her - very young children spooked him a bit and we didn't know someone had let him in the house. We were visiting the friend who owned him. Now she has a scar across her forehead and it hurts her as she grows.

We certainly did not demand that the animal be put down, but we all did learn something. This was a docile animal but he simply didn't know his own strength.

Again - they are bred to fight. It's their nature. They are not bred to be Lassie. Please love them but be careful.

rabbithorns

My baby Pit Bull that I got yesterday is white with little black spots. I fell in love with her even over her blue fawn sis. My question is what does it mean? Is it poor skin pigment or is she just a weirdo?

Answers

This is a freckled pitbull. The markings are considered unusual.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Your Pet's Age
6 months

Your Pet's Breed
American Pitt Bull (Blue Pit)

How and when did you get your pet?
We lost a beloved member of our pet family a year ago, he was a stray who adopted us and stole our hearts. We decided the hurt was too much to get another pet and go through losing it eventually, so no more pets. That year went by with less laughter, less opportunities to connect as a family, and was replaced with a dull void of having nobody or nothing to care for and love on. Many times I caught myself looking out the back sliding glass door to see what, Charlie Brown, was up to only to catch myself to late in realizing there was nobody to look for the yard was now empty.

We eventually came to a place where we agreed that life just had more joy in it with a pet. Even though we deeply were saddened by the loss of Charlie Brown, we realized that we would of rather had our good times and memories and yes even sadness than not to ever had had him at all. So we decided we were "open" to having a pet again one day if the opportunity presented itself. Several months later, it was a Friday, Mother's Day was that coming Sunday. It's kind of a sad day for me as my children are no longer in my physical custody. Out of nowhere, my husband pops into our room and basically drops this puppy right on the bed and then leaves. I was beyond surprise. Happy Mother's Day, I heard him yell as he ran out the front door to go back to working. He had already bought and paid for the puppy when it was born 6 weeks previous and had been waiting keeping the surprise the whole time for this weekend. To top things off he accidentally looks identical to Charlie Brown and we did not even plan that. It was a complete surprise to the both of us.

OsKaR DoO will be 6 months old tomorrow and there is much more joy in my life on a daily basis because of it.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
He likes to play with his cat, George.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
Yes he snores louder than anybody in the house and sleeps directly on his back with his front legs straight out in the air like he is flying, that's how he is named OsKaR DoO!!! with an emphasis on the DoO!!

Comment Like this photo? 6

Misty Blue is a 1 1/2 year old American Red Nosed Pit Bull. We got Misty on July 4th, 2010, when she was 7 months old, from a friend of a friend. We pretty much rescued her, as she had spent most of her life in a small cage. She was very timid and still jumps when she hears a noise.

Besides sleeping, Misty enjoys barking at her imaginary friends and large birds. She loves to chew on dads socks, the couch, and anything that looks interesting. She also loves to snuggle with her sister Sasha and sleep the day away.

Her favorite treats are ones that taste like pizza. Despite her large size, she thinks she is a lap dog and will inch her way onto your lap before you can say no. Misty likes to sleep on her back, but wakes up whenever I try to take a picture of her doing it. She likes to bird watch with me too, she watches very quietly and very patiently.

She is her dad's dog and she knows it, but she gives me lots of love when he isn't looking. She also likes to lick toes. One of her favorite things to do is steal her dad's chair when he gets up. Misty's big eyes melt your heart. When she looks at you, it is hard to say no to her.

Misty is also a bed hog. She sleeps on top of the covers, and has to be touching someone at all times. She is very curious and wants to help you with everything.

Misty makes it very hard to do anything, because her head is in everything that you try to do. I sometimes think she has selective hearing, and only listens when she wants to. She is such a very sweet dog, even when she is annoying.

By Alex R.

Comment Like this photo? 16

Daisey is 2 1/2 years old and an American Pit Bull Terrier. We picked her out of the litter of 12 puppies, my son's dog was the stud, we picked her because she kept following me around. My son gave her to me when he moved away because he didn't want me to be alone.

She loves to go "bye bye" for car rides. She likes to "wrestle" on the floor with you. She likes to shake hands, speak and roll over for treats. She likes to play "fetch". I have never felt alone with this dog. She likes to snuggle with me. She licks me when I'm sad, she licks any boo boo's I have and she's been the best dog I've ever owned! She's friendly and she's silly and everyone that meets her, loves her. She thinks she's a lap dog and she hogs the bed! LOL

By pitmom

Daisey with her Kong.

Comment Like this photo? 11

Your Pet's Age
4 months

Your Pet's Breed
American Bully

How and when did you get your pet?
Max was rescued from puppy mill.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Chew everything

Comment Like this photo? 11

Jack is a 5 year old American Pit Bull Terrier. My husband (boyfriend at the time) bought him for me for Christmas in 2004 and that was the beginning of a love story! (For me and the dog)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

King (American Pit Bull Terrier) Photo. King is a 4 Month old American Pit Bull Terrier. We rescued King at the age of 3 months. . .

Comment Like this photo? 1

Kokoa Girl is my 3 year old American Pit Bull Terrier. When Kokoa Girl was 8 weeks old, her owner went into the hospital and needed someone to care for her.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

We got our furbaby 2 weeks ago. We saw him and couldn't resist that adorable face.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Bea (Beatrice) is a 1 year old American Pit Bull Terrier. She was adopted from the shelter in December 2006. She likes to chase the cats, play ball and bark.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Petey is a rescued shelter survivor. He is my gift from God. We don't know his past but you can bet his future is bright! He has found his forever Mama & Papa! The story goes like this...

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

We got her as a Christmas present for my aunt, but we eventually fell in love with her and decided to keep her! She loves to chew on shoe laces and paper. Also, she likes to mess with my cat, October, as well as snuggle up in bed!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

Chesty - American Pit Bull Terrier Photo. Chesty is 6 months and is an American Pit Bull Terrier. I met my puppy on July 16, 2006 from the breeder.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes