Asking My Mom About Shaving My Legs

So I am 15 and I want to shave my legs, really, really, badly. I have really dark hairy legs. My mum bought me a razor ages ago, but she never said what I can and can't shave. I do my armpits regularly, but I don't do my legs. It hasn't been bothering me lately because it's winter, but my cousins are visiting from England in a week and I would really like to have them done by then.

My brother has told me I have hairy legs, and one of his close friend's (male) has also commented, but I just can't force myself to. My dad has also told me to shave my legs twice, but not one word from my mum. Once he said it in front of my mum so I am sure if she didn't want me to she would have said so. I think my dad is better at sharing his feelings than my mum. So what do you think? Should I just do it? I am pretty sure my mum would be fine with it, and I think when she was younger she just went and did it on her own. Please help!

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Unless she told you not to, I would shave my legs.

Ask your mum if it is alright to shave you legs BEFORE you do !!

Sounds like you really need to shave your legs, I would go ahead and do it !!

I don't see anything wrong with asking your mother if you can/cannot. Maybe she gave you a razor and is allowing the flexibility of your decision on what you want to shave with the razor?

By giving you a razor, she has already given you permission to shave. she didn't specifically say to shave your armpits but you did shave your armpits. Why do you think you need specific permission to shave your legs? Your fifteen: your old enough to start making your own decisions within the bounds of your parents rules. By giving you a razor and no instructions, she is literally telling you to make your own decisions Do so.

She gave you a razor, I think it's okay you do it.

I think your mom has already told you in a round about way, that you can shave under your arms and your legs because you said that she had already bought you a razor years ago. SO I would just go ahead and shave my legs with shaving foam to make it easier to see on where the blade has already been and where it hasn't OR perhaps she bought you an electric razor you didn't state what kind of razor. Then get used to an every other day job that you will have to do from then on AND for the rest of your life.
Good Luck and welcome to womanhood!

Well, if you haven't asked the question yet - check out what others have said about this problem on ThriftyFun in the past. Some good suggestions here.

http://www.thri … art-Shaving.html

http://www.thri … 9829044.tip.html

I would shave my legs. She didn't say, no. Maybe she wants you to shave them when you are ready.