Fleas in Human Hair

A friend's dog is the reason I have fleas in my home. I've tried sprays and smoke bombs and they're not going. When I smoke a fag (cigarette), they crawl all over my face coz they are in my hair. I saw you say to someone that they don't lay eggs in human hair coz they're not the host, but am I since I have no dog or cat? What should I do for me and my home? Please help it's embarrassing scratching 24/7 :-)

By Lou

I have a feeling these are not fleas but may be. I would lean more towards lice. Also to make sure you can see a Dr or a hair dresser. They will both be able to help you. Good Luck!

I though it might be lice so we got his hair cut and still there some fleas living in his hair. We've tried the salt and baking soda mixture but idk how to get rid of them. I feel horriblet hat he's going through this because we dont even have a pet!

Anonymous

Do not go to a hair dresser, as a Cosmetolgist state board will shut down the salon!! See a Dermatologist!!

I've had this going on for 4 years now in Australia, saw a Dermatologist but they could see nothing on me after a full body examination that cost me AU$250. A let down for that kind of money. I believe it's in the air, the atmosphere caused by Geo-engineering (if you like to Google that one and do some research). It's the same reason the climate is changing and it's NOT us humans causing it, it's Military activity just like HAARP and weather and atmospheric manipulation dating back to the 60's!! They really want us all dead people.

We had flea infestation & nothing worked until we found out about Diatomaceous Earth. You can find out all about it at thebugsquad.com Sadly, it's not very well known so much time & money is wasted on sprays & foggers. Good luck & keep is updated;)

I agree. Fleas don't crawl they hop. If you find you have little white bumps along the hair shaft, it's head lice. Now this might sound funny but over here, we have found that mayonnaise is the easiest and cheapest cure.

Fleas can live on your scalp and lay eggs there, and you would be the host. Washing your hair with shampoo would drown them and rinse the eggs down the drain. It wouldn't however stop new fleas from jumping on you and moving to your scalp again. Once fleas are on you, they certainly can crawl to another area.

If the dog is infested with fleas, they are probably jumping on humans when you are outside too and coming in on you and your clothing. If they are that bad in your hair, your home is more-than-likely infested. An infestation happens quickly and takes lots of time and trouble to clear out. The sooner you start, the better.

Anonymous

Put lots of conditioner in your hair and comb and comb and comb them all out ...repeat this every other day till gone ..you also can put tea tree oil in the conditioner .you only need a little ..it goes a long way ..I put it in my conditioner to use always. ..Wash everything in your house that you can with hot water, also spray everything you can with water and tea tree oil. Do not put on pets, it is poisonous!! I put all my brushes into water and tea tree oil and let soak,they hate tea tree oil......good luck. Oops almost forgot, vacuum, vacuum, vacuum everything and everyday if you can, your mattress, chairs, whatever you can. But please be careful not to use to much tea tree oil on yourself, it's very strong you don't need a lot.

Anonymous

A good soak "head in water" in a tub of Epson salts with 10 drops of tea tree oil. Forget the insecticides, the fleas are very resistant to them now days. Baking soda kills fleas and their eggs so sprinkle liberally on carpet, between furniture cushions and on beds. Leave for 24 hours. Wipe down hard surfaces with hydrogen peroxide or bleach water. Wash every single peace of cloth and bedding in your home and dry in cloths dryer. If you line hang clothes to dry then wash in washer with a cup of Pine-Sol. Mopping floors with Pine-Sol is OK if you have no pets. Many Essential oils will kill fleas too.

Anonymous

According to Dermatologist, add 5 drops of tea tree oil for every 8 oz. Of shampoo ( i.e. 16 oz of shampoo would be 10 drops); buy a rinse with coconut, lavender, aloe or avocado oil in it; for extra protection, add leave on conditioners made of either coconut, lavender, aloe or avocado. I apply tea tree oil with aloe ( comes in a bottle already)to stop the itch and treat bite infections; they can cause the skin of the head to swell and it can be very painful, even debilitating a person, either from the pain, or anemias. Hope this helps. I took nursing. Retired USA Army/Practical Nursing.