Lemon Cake Recipes

Category Cakes
Lemon Cake
Prepare a delicious, creamy, lemony cake for any occasion. This page contains lemon cake recipes.

Perfect way to end a delicious meal. Creamy pudding with a cake topping.

• 2 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs, yolks and whites separated
  • juice and rind of 1 lemon
  • 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup milk

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Beat butter with sugar until well blended. Add two egg yolks; add juice and rind of lemon. Follow with flour and mix well; add milk and blend. Whip egg whites until stiff. Gently blend egg whites with batter.

Pour mixture into a large measuring cup for ease of pouring into custard cups or ramekins. Place filled cups into a bain-marie (water bath).

Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Should be slightly brown on top.

Variation: Use Jasmine-infused sugar in place of regular granulated sugar.

Servings: 4-6
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30-40 Minutes

Source: The manager of the Curves I was attending asked me to do a recipe book based on submissions from the members. This was one of the recipes in it.

By sooz from Bradford, ON

This is the best lemon cake I have ever tasted!

Total Time: Maybe 5 minutes

Source: I got this from Weight Watchers!

• 1 Box box lemon cake mix ($1.00)
  • 1 fl oz 20 oz. bottle of Diet 7-up ($1.00)
  • 1 small container light Cool Whip ($1.00)

1. Mix cake mix and 7-up together.
  2. Ad

3. Pour into 9x13 inch pan.
  4. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
  5. Cool and top with the lite Cool Whip!

Enjoy!

Very low calories!

A great summer treat is lemonade. With this recipe, you can "Have your cake and eat it too". . . Lemon Aide Cake, that is. This is the treat for the "Lemon Loves".

Ingredients

Cake: Topping:

Directions

Prepare a Bundt Pan by spraying generously with (non-flavored) cooking oil spray. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.

Using an electric mixer, mix all cake ingredients in a large bowl for 3 minutes. Pour batter evenly into bundt pan. Tap pan to remove air bubbles. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until cake springs back when gently pressed with finger.

While cake is baking, pour lemon juice into a medium size bowl and add the cup of sugar. Stir until as much of the sugar is dissolved as possible. Set aside and stir about every 15 minutes until cake is baked.

Remove cake from oven. Using a knife, poke deep holes in cake close together. Pour 1/2 of the lemon juice mix over cake. Using knife, gently lift cake from sides of pan and pour a small amount of juice into side. Continue around cake. Let cake set until the juice is absorbed. DO NOT allow cake to cool completely. (Store cake in an air tight cake box.)

Flip cake onto a large dinner plate or cake plate. Serve with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream. Garnish with twisted lemon slices and mint leaves. Lemon Aide Cake is a hit for any gathering and makes a great gift.

Source: My father loved lemons. He didn't like cake. He said he wished he had a lemon aide cake. I loved to bake and knew how to make a pound cake with cake mix. I added lemon Jello mix to the batter. I took him literally and used sweetened frozen lemon juice to soak into the cake. I submitted this recipe to Betty Crocker in the early 60's and was published. This recipe has won many rewards. I am now sharing it with you. ENJOY

By Crafty Nana from Lebanon Junction, Kentucky

Ingredients

• 1 pkg. (2 layer size) yellow cake mix
  • 2 cups cold milk
  • 1 1/4 cup water
  • 2 package Lemon flavor instant pudding
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cake mix as directed on package. Pour batter into greased 9x13 inch pan. Pour milk and water into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes and granulated sugar. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Pour over cake batter in dish. Place baking dish on baking sheet to catch drippings, as mixture does bubble. Bake 55 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes. (Mixture will thicken slightly as ti cools.) Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Spoon onto serving dishes. Serve warm; garnish with raspberries, if desired. Very pretty and yummy!

By Robin from Washington, IA

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup cake flour
  • 4 eggs
  • 3/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. lemon extract

Directions

Sift well the cake flour. Beat the eggs, baking powder and salt until thick. place bowl in a pan of hot water and beat until thick like whipped cream. Gradually add sugar and beat well. Remove the bowl from the water. Add the flour and lemon by folding. Bake in a shallow, lined, oiled tin for 13 minutes at 400 degrees F. Turn out on a cloth very lightly dampened with cold water and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Spread with one can lemon pie filling and roll.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Lemon pound cake is a refreshing a delicious dessert that can be enjoyed any time of year. This is a guide about lemon pound cake recipes.

Lemon Pound Cake

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This light lemony cake with a hint of vanilla will brighten your day and your taste buds. This page contains step by step directions for making this yummy cake.

Lemon Vanilla Layer Cake Recipe

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

A lemon cream cake is a yummy dessert that your whole family will love. This page contains lemon cream cake recipe.

Lemon Cream Cake

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

So yummy and easy to make. Great dessert if you need something quick!

Cream flour, sugar and margarine together in bowl. Add egg yolks, milk and lemon juice, mixing well. Fold in egg whites. Pour into 8 inch baking dish. Place in large pan of hot water. Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes.

Bake a ready-mix lemon cake according to box directions in a 9x13 inch pan. Puncture warm cake with long fork tines and pour powdered sugar, lemon juice, and oil, which has been combined, over top of cake.

I took this recipe from the internet and made it yesterday. Served it to friends with the lemon sauce, and we all agreed that it's delicious! Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the eggs, sugar, and salt; beat until thick and a light lemon color.

Cream the sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and flavorings and beat well. Sift the dry ingredients together and add alternately to the creamed mixture with the buttermilk.

I need an easy lemon birthday cake recipe using a box mix, but I am not sure just using a cake mix will make it lemony enough. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to alter it to give it more of a lemon flavor?

Debbie from Detroit, MI

Hello, try adding a bit of lemon koolaid powder, I don't remember how much so you'll need to experiment in increments. Also please add one pkg of vanilla pudding and one pkg of dream whip powder, you'll be enthralled at how moist it is.

I use a lemon cake mix with a can of lemon pie filling. I add a couple of eggs, but no water. I cook mine in a bundt pan.

http://www.reci  m/Lemon-Cake-794

I do this with every lemon cake mix for extra lemon....use lemon flavoring and if you are like me taste the mix and it is usually milder before cooked.

Take a fine grater (teensy little holes, not like you use for cheese or carrots) and grate off the yellow part of a fresh lemon's peel--not the white part of the peel as it's too bitter. Add that yellow lemon zest to the mix. THEN, cut the lemon itself in half, squeeze out as much juice as you can, and use that juice for the liquid in the recipe (add water to make the total amount if there's not enough juice).

cake - 1 pkg. yellow cake mix

1 pkg.lemon gelatin

2/3 cup veg. oil

2/3 cup hot water

4 lg. eggs

glaze-

1/2 cup confectioners sugar

2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice

1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest

bake cake in 12 cup bundt pan at 350 for about

40 min. let cool for a few minutes and add glaze

This is really lemony, moist & so good.

Lemon pound cake

1 box any lemon cake mix

4 eggs

1 box lemon jello, 3 oz.

3/4 cup milk

1/2 tsp. lemon extract

2 tbs. lemon zest

1 pkg. cream cheese, 8 oz.

2 tbs. lemon juice if desired ( fresh is best)

Lemon frosting, any brand

1 Preheat oven to 350.

2 Grease & flour Bundt pan (use the box cake mix to flour & there won't be a flour taste).

3. Beat cream cheese with mixer til light in texture.

4. Add eggs, 1 at a time & beat well after each one.

5. Mix jello & cake mix together.

6. Mix the cake & jello mix with milk, in 2-3 additions.

Then add it to cream cheese in small amounts. Try not to overmix.

7. Stir in lemon extract & zest ( & lemon juice if using it).

8. Pour into greased floured pan. Bake at 350 for 50-55 min.

Keep any eye on it,don't let it get over brown. Oven temps. vary.

9. Let cool to touch in the pan, remove from pan onto plate. When completely cool, frost. Keep in refrig. because of cream cheese in it.

For years now I have used the dream cake recipe on the back of the Dream Whip box to make lemon cake. You can use any flavor cake mix with this recipe, but it is wonderful with lemon cake mix from Duncan Hines and lemon pudding mix. It is very easy. I make it in a jelly-roll pan (10x15). I'm asked for the recipe over and over again and have to admit it came from the back of the box!

The Lemonade Party cake on the back of the Betty Crocker lemon cake mix is excellent. (recipe is also online). I don't use their tub frosting, but make my own instead. Hubby says it "tastes like summer" anytime.

LEMON FROSTING

1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter or margarine, softened

1 box (16 ounces) confectioners sugar (about 3 3/4 cups)

1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel

3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

If it's too thick, pour in some milk a little at a time. Beat with mixer until smooth. Frosts 9x13- cake or 24 cupcakes.

A lot of your lemon flavor comes from the frosting. Make a classic easy Lemon Jello Cake and top with a powdered sugar frosting: 1/2 box powdered sugar, 1/2 bottle lemon flavoring, and 1/4 cup orange juice. Always gets lots of compliments.

Add 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract to both the cake mix and the frosting.

I have a recipe for a Lemonade Party Cake and it's the best I have found so far!

1 pkg. Lemon Cake Mix

1can (6oz) Frozen Lemonade Concentrate,thawed

3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar

1 tub of Lemon Fluff Frosting,or any other lemon frosting

Bake cake as directed in a 13x9 in baking dish.Mix lemonade concentrate and powdered sugar. Poke holes in cake every 1/2 inch. Drizzle lemonade mixture over top of cake.Refrigerate for 2 hours. Spread frosting over top of cake.

Have you tried poke cake. Use a lemon cake mix and then do the, poke jello thing.

I've had the lemon bundt cake. My 11-year-old granddaughter baked it and it was excellent.

Here is my mother's recipe.

Lemon Jello Cake

1 pkg yellow cake mix

1 pkg lemon jello

1/4 cup veg oil

Bake as directed. Top with Lemon Glaze.

Lemon Glaze

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1/4 cup lemon juice

Put on cake while still hot. Usually 1 lemon is enough.

You could fill between the layers with lemon curd, which Kroger's carries. It's with the jams and jellies, in my store on the top shelf. A clerk would be glad to find it for you. There are also recipes online to make it; it isn't complicated. Also, if the cake mix calls for liquid, use lemonade. Hope this helps!

One of the tastiest lemon pound cake recipes I have uses fresh lemon zest. I would use at least the zest of 3 lemons for a 2 layer box cake mix.

This is for tippinspielady if you are still here! Tippin's used to make, once a year, a lemon layer cake. That was the best lemon cake ever! Can you share that recipe?

By Dianne