Browsing: Finding Home Repair Help for Low Income Families

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Finding Home Repair Help for Low Income Families

There are times when household repairs just can not wait until you have the money to complete the project. This guide is about finding home repair help for low income families.

A repair man fixing a leaky roof.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 11, 2016 Flag

I live in Ft. Worth,Texas. The electric shut off in part of my house and I am disabled and can't afford an electrician. I don't know who to call to get help. The places that I called don't have the funding and I don't know what to do.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

There are also online available help from home service pros, like quickcarl.com, skype advice for free, I don't know if it helps but they might provide more help.

Read More Answers...

April 22, 2016 Flag

We need help finishing our home. I was building it when I became disabled and am unable to complete the work. The home is like 70% complete or more, but I cannot finish it on a fixed income.

I have honestly been looking for help everywhere! We are in desperate need of really a new home but the tralior my kids and I live in now the floors have fell in bath tub has fell in and the floor has fell in I did have mushrooms growing in the bathroom we had to close off. I just wondering if u could direct me in the right place I have a 7 year old little girl, a 11 year old girl and a 5 year old boy and we have ran outta room we bought this as a repo and it's had it we have lived in it over 12 years. The roof leaks has since we moved in.. And my old bathroom had cut off to the rest of the house was growing mushrooms outta the floors. I am on a fixed income and I dk what else to do..

Read More Answers...

January 1, 2014 Flag

I am looking for help for my best friend and his mom. His mom is on disability and he is unable to work because he stays home to take care of her. They have a lot of incomplete home projects and the house is almost unlivable. There is no heat, no working stove pipes, they are old, and hot water barely works. I'm trying to seek help for them.

By Sabrina

Best Answer

There is most likely an energy assistance program close. We don't know where you live so it's hard to do any research. Here in Salem, OR we have this agency. They do fix ups on even mobile homes, but it sometimes means a wait.

If they are members of a local church, sometimes that is the fastest and easiest resource to get help. Try Habitat for Humanity not for a new home but for resources they have. Craigslist might help too, just because people often know of a need and they just come and help. If all else fails, perhaps a rental would be a nice new start. I hope these have helped.

PBP

Read More Answers...

August 18, 2016 Flag

I am on disability and need help putting my roof on and help fixing my bathroom. Where can I find an organization that will help?

Read More Answers...

April 30, 2016 Flag

I have a friend that's on disability. He bought a home and because it was involved in a fire he gutted the house in order to rebuild the entire inside. The problem is he is disabled and only has SSI income. He lives in central Indiana. Is there any help available through government or private agencies? I have searched high and low without any luck. This home needs everything from electrical to plumbing to walls and floors and this man needs help so that he can have a place to call home.

How can I get help with home repairs don't get enough money to fix my house and the house was a wedding gift to me and my wife

Read More Answers...

August 16, 2015 Flag

Is there anyone or anywhere I can go to, to get help with fixing my home? I live in a three bedroom 1 .5 bath trailer, with my husband, our daughter, and our animals. We moved in here a few years ago and since doing so our home has been falling out from under us, literally. sagging carpet

Our floors are made of particle board and the gentleman we bought the home from said there were some problem spots, but he assured us he would get them fixed before selling us the trailer, but he did not. Shortly after moving in, our central heating/air system stopped working, and being as we are a low income family we suffered through the summer heat with only fans, and then suffered through winter cold with only blankets for warmth. Please we need help before any of us get seriously injured. We have no money to get it fixed as all of our money goes to bills, food for our animals, and essentials.

The provided pictures show a huge hole in our bathroom, and then where we are walking on nothing but beams and carpet in the bedroom where my family sleeps, and also partial imaging of what's going on under my daughter's bed.

Home Repair Assistance for Low Income FamilyHome Repair Assistance for Low Income Family

There are organizations that do these repairs for low income elderly people. Contact your power company & your state & federal government have programs too. They did a lot of repairs for me. Check with the elder agencies also. Good luck.

Read More Answers...

March 23, 2016 Flag

Does any one know of any resources that will help me get some help to fix some things on my home that need fixing right away? I am on low income and I live in Alabama. If any one knows I sure will appreciate it. Thank you!

There are some agencies and nonprofits that provide home repair assistance to low income individuals and families however, there are many restrictions and requirements that must be considered. The main problem is finding assistance in your particular location. You can try an online search for "alabama low income house repair" for possible resources in your area. The site below is a good place to start:

http://www.myfinancialprograms.com/housing-grants/homeowners/improvements/

Read More Answers...

February 9, 2016 Flag

I know an elderly, disabled, low income couple in the state of Oregon that have not had a working heater for at least 2 years because they are unable to pay to replace or repair it. Every time the weather gets cold they stay sick. I was wondering if there is any way someone could remedy their situation? I am very concerned for them.

Do they have a Weatherization Program in the state that they live in? They might want to check this out. I am applying in the state that I live in. I wish them the best of luck.

God bless them!

Read More Answers...

April 27, 2016 Flag

I live in Georgia and it is so hard to get help here. The only income we have coming in is my son's SSI. I have seizures, diabetes, thyroid issues, ruptured disks in back and neck and I'm bipolar among other things. I have been waiting for three years for my disability with nothing.

We live in a family home that is 90 years old and is in need of so many things. For starters it needs a roof. There is rotten wood everywhere, the water leaks, only the hot water works in the bathroom, and there is no insulation. My power bill is too high for me to even list it. Our family has helped us til they are at the end of their rope. We have gotten help from every church in town. I need a ramp out front instead of stairs because I almost can't make it up the stairs. Can anyone assist me with advising of any kind of organization that could help us? Thanks for your time and help!

There are government agencies that help low income families, however, they are often difficult to find. A very easy online search for "home repair low income family" produced many responses. You can try a search yourself and this very helpful federal government site:

https://www.disability.gov/resource ... for-low-income-families-individuals/

July 13, 2015 Flag

Recently, we found out that my dad has Alzheimer's. My mom is taking care of him at home, she is being a trooper. She has her moments, knowing her husband of almost 50 years is slowly being erased, it's very hard. With medical bills, etc. they don't have the money for the AC.

Load More
Home and Garden Repair Home MiscellaneousNovember 27, 2013
older blind woman sitting on a bench
Receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Minnesota
Finding Free or Low Cost Pet Clinics in Minnesota
A cat with an empty food dish.
Free Pet Food for Low Income Families
Protein Powder
Low Carb Low Protein Powder for Breakfast Shakes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 23, 2016 at 8:25:27 PM on 10.0.2.28 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.