Post Office Lost a Package

Sometimes a package or letter sent via the post office doesn't reach its destination. When this happens, there are some steps you can take to try and get help tracking it down. This is a guide about post office lost a package.

November 3, 2016 Flag

I made an online purchase from the US using USPS first class mail. The package was dispatched from Chicago on the 23rd of September 2016 and is still not delivered after 40 days. The tracking number only works till it leaves the US. I inquired and found that the package cannot be tracked in India. What can I do to find the package? It's a small package valued at $33 dollars and it does not contain any prohibited items. Has anybody faced this issue before? and did they get there package finally? or shall I assume it to be lost for ever?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am sorry to hear that your package has been lost.

Have you had problems with your mail in the past?

Can you call your customs office and make inquires?

Have you checked with your local office to see if there have been other problems?

Hopefully it was addressed correctly but check with shipper to be sure.

In the future; You may have to pay the higher cost of Priority Mail (insured) just to be safe.

Hopefully it is just delayed and will arrive soon.

May 8, 2016 Flag

I had ordered from the Kylie constructs website almost 2 months ago. Still no delivery. Yes they do ship to India. It is coming from USPS and the tracking number starts with LN. Many people from Bombay Delhi have already received their packages. I live in Bangalore and it's been beyond the time limit. It's a reputed website and I could track my product till it left the USA. Is there a chance of it being misplaced?

Hi nithin, did you ever receive the package?

July 18, 2016 Flag

My sister sent a priority mail containing an international passport to me from another state. We tracked it and showed that it was scanned into my mail box, but I didn't find it in my box. I've complained to the USPS, they promised to investigate, but I've yet to hear any positive news about it from them.
Please what steps can be taken to get the mail because it takes a fortune to replace the passport.
Regards.

Have you had problems with your mail service before?

Did you try to question the carrier as they may remember something - but I would not count on it.

Is this a regular box by the street or an apartment?

Did you also ask Neighbors ?

I am sure you have already done most of this but just in case ....

Try your local postmaster again as repeated inquires may help get more attention. A personal visit is better and you can also try the customer service division in Washington - get the information about who to contact on Google.

Also, most Priority Mail now has free insurance coverage so your sender and you should check on this also.

I believe you are supposed to contact someone if your passport is missing - lost or stolen - so you should check into that also.

May 5, 2016 Flag

My friend from Oregon, USA sent me a gift through USPS. The package was sent to me on April 26,2016. The company said that the package would be delivered to me in 5-10 days, but as of now it has not been delivered. How can I get the package?

I do not know what type of service was used as you say it is from your friend but a company sent it?

This is barely 10 days and it is possible the company did not actually ship the package on the day it was ordered.

Perhaps your friend can contact the company and ask for a tracking number? That might provide more current information and your friend will have a better chance of getting information as the sender instead of you as the "recipient".

I do not believe you can actually file a "claim" unless the package was insured but you can request a "tracer".

April 28, 2016 Flag

I did not receive my parcel that I had ordered from Kylie cosmetics. I have a tracking number, but it is a general post coming from USPS to India so it cannot be tracked. I have got tracking updates till it left USA. Then I figured after inquiring in a lot of places that there won't be any update once it leaves USA.

Well it's been a month since it left US (beyond the time limit/dead line given by the cosmetics line) and still no delivery. I called up the Bangalore post office they said that it might be held up by the customs and they also said that there are very little chances of a product being misplaced. What should I do now?

My parcel was sent from USPS to India and its been 20 days now i haven't recieved it. Any idea how to get it?

June 18, 2016 Flag

I sent an envelope with a cashier's check to a friend in Newport Beach. I sent it addressed to her work place name and address, with attn: her name. I received the signature card back with an unusual signature (no one at her work place has this name), and when I tracked the envelope it said the sent envelope was received and signed at 6:45am, but my friend's business does not open until 7:45. No one received any envelope at her place of business when she checked. My question is how can an envelope be signed when the place of business that it was addressed to was not open at the time of the signature? There have been complaints with this post office (Newport Beach Ca.) with packages not being delivered, so we suspect an inside theft wiith the postal service. Please respond.

Sounds like mail fraud to me. What do you think? It's a federal offense, if I'm not mistaken (i.e., under the jurisdiction of the FBI).

April 7, 2016 Flag

My son sent a package priority mail and bought and printed the shipping label from home. The pkg. was worth $2000 and he purchased insurance as well. The pkg. was never delivered and the tracking # shows that the pkg. never left the PO it was dropped off at.

The PO says that there is no way to prove that the pkg. was sent and that the tracking # is no proof that the pkg. was sent. They say they are looking into it, but they don't hold out much hope of it showing up. It sounds like it was stolen right from the PO itself and never mailed out. What should we do next and how do you protect yourself from this?

You say your son bought and printed the label from home.

Did he take the package to the post office counter? Or did he leave it for his regular postman to pick up?

this is very important as it will determine where the package could have gotten "lost".

June 7, 2016 Flag

I recently mailed a book to Bookbyte using the prepaid shipping label. However when I track the package through USPS, it says it is still in the city where I tried shipping it and that it has been tendered to a returns agent and will no longer be tracked. What does this mean? My home address was not on the box or label so where is my package? The Bookbye website shows that the package is not in transit. How do I get my book back?

You can file a claim with the USPO to search for your package.

January 16, 2014 Flag

I just want to ask about my parcel that was sent on 9 Jan 2014 to Scotland. The post office in Singapore said that it would take 4 to 6 working days to arrive. When I talked to my boyfriend in Scotland, he still hadn't received the parcel.

I'm just wondering whether the parcel was stolen, lost, or it is only delayed. What should I do? I want him to recieve the parcel as I sent a watch over there.

Thank you and I'm looking forward to see your replies.

By Mylene S. from Singapore

Best Answer

I live in NE Scotland between Dundee and Aberdeen. What class did you send the parcel by? I had 2nd class parcels arrive very late (from Hong Kong, although two others arrived well ahead of estimated delivery date), and one was even lost - it never showed up even though it was shipped from southern England.

I love the UK and I really love Scotland but the plain fact is Royal Mail has been increasingly rubbish the past - very arbitrary as to whether or not the parcel arrives on schedule. Sad to say but quite true.

Post is running several days behind up here in Scotland no matter where in Scotland the parcel has been sent to. Give it another ten working days and then see if your local postal service can track it.

March 23, 2015 Flag

I have ordered a few things from different places. Some have made it to me, but for some, the tracking info says they are in Houston, but doesn't give me any more info than that. What can I do to find out where exactly my packages are?

By Coretta

You should contact the company you used to send the packages-USPO, UPS, Fed Ex, etc., to locate the packages.

February 22, 2015 Flag

Should I trust the kiosk as much as I do the postal clerks? I have never needed to track a package until a postal worker asked if I would like help using the kiosk. The pkg. didn't arrive. I'm very leery about using it again.

Load More
Consumer Advice General AdviceMay 1, 2013
Cat Scratching Sisal Post
Repairing a Sisal Wrapped Cat Scratching Post
weighing postage
Finding Postage Rates Online
Post-It Notes
Making a Post-It Note Holder
Shipping With USPS
Shipping With USPS
🎉
🎄