Vegetable Stir Fry Recipes
Stir fried vegetables are great when cooked to perfection, seasoned correctly, and served over rice. This page contains stir fry vegetable
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
If you use low sodium soy sauce, you might want to season to taste with a tad bit of salt just after adding the sesame oil. Read 4 Comments
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 small head cabbage, trimmed and sliced
- 2 Tbsp, soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp, rice vinegar
- sesame oil to taste
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and saute until softened and translucent. Stir in garlic and saute for one minute. Stir in half of the cabbage and saute until it is barely beginning to wilt then stir in the rest of the cabbage and continue to saute until barely beginning to wilt.
Add soy sauce and vinegar and cook until cabbage has wilted to taste, remove from heat, add sesame oil to taste and serve.
By Deeli from Richland, WA
I love harvest time. I go to the farm every Saturday morning and pick up all my produce before shopping. There is nothing comparable to farm grown veggies. They are the best! Lately I make some of my dinners with just vegetables, and here is one. Hope you enjoy it!
- 2 cups long grain white rice, cook according to package
- 2 large cloves garlic, sliced thin
- few slices red onion
- 1 summer (yellow) squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- handful sliced carrots
- handful fresh yellow beans, cut in half
- broccoli, cut in pieces
- 4-6 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- seasonings to taste; start with an 1/8 of a tsp. season salt, black pepper, and a pinch of thyme
- Prepare your rice as directed.
- Wash and prepare all vegetables.
- Using a large covered skillet, heat olive oil. Then add all vegetables. Stir until sizzling.
Related Content(article continues below)
- Add chicken broth and seasonings. Let simmer for a few minutes or until the veggies are just cooked, but crisp.
- Put rice in the center of your plate or bowl. Add all these succulent vegetables over the rice. Enjoy :)
This dish is nice to eat with lamb, ham, fish or even chicken.
- 1 lb fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 tsp. of canola oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tsp. minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil.
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds, toasted
In a large skillet or wok, saute peas in canola oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and cayenne; saute 1 minute longer. Add basil; toss to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Source: A friend, Jean.
By Raymonde from North Bay, Ontario Read 1 Comment
A flavorful vegetarian dish with lots of variety and satisfying mix. Excellent for special diet needs.Read More...
About 20 minutes before serving, remove any large leaves from broccoli and trim ends if stalks are tough or woody and cut into 2x1/2 inch pieces. Tear romaine into bite size pieces; set aside. In pan over medium heat, fry bacon slices, diced, just until crisp.Read More...
In a small skillet, stir fry asparagus and peas in butter and oil for 2 minutes. Add ginger and garlic powder; stir-fry 1 minutes longer. Combine soy sauce and water; stir into skillet. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.Read More...
I found a recipe for tofu stir fry. It's delicious, no matter what veggies you want to use. Stir fry veggies in oil, with the white parts of green onion for one minute. Add all but 1 Tbsp of of broth.Read More...
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 16, 2017 at 10:39:30 AM on 10.0.0.96 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us