How Do You Clean Gas Stove Burners?

The members here seem to know how to clean everything. I am having a big problem cleaning the burners for my gas stove. I have tried soaking, SOS pads, and they clean to a point.

Any suggestions on getting all the baked on grease off will be most appreciative. I am having a service man repair my over the stove microwave and don't want them to think I never clean the stove. Thank you everyone.

By Barbara from Youngstown, OH

Most burners and grates you can put in to self clean, just put them on the oven racks. After it's done rinse them off with water. if you don't have self clean you can soak them in grease lighting over night and it will make them easier to clean.

I spray oven cleaner on the entire top of the stove. Spray the grates and burners as well. (Make sure you do not spray the oven cleaner on the top back clock digital area.) Leave it on for 20 minutes, and then wipe the oven cleaner off with a hot wet rag. If you still have some burnt food here and there use a magic sponge with simple green then wipe with a micro rag. At the end I spray the top with glass cleaner to give it a nice shine with no smear marks. Another tool I use is a "Sonic Scrubber" to get in between small areas. This sounds like a lot to do but it is really easy and cheaper then running your self-cleaning oven just to clean the grates and burners.

For Alice;

Totally Awesome will clean your stainless steel without scratching and very little elbow grease. Just spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes and wipe it off with a sponge or wash cloth.

I put my gas stove burners and grates in a large ziplock bag with a little ammonia in it and let it soak overnight. The baked on grease practically just washes off! Very little scrubbing! You can use 4 ziplock bags and do all your burners at once, but I take a few days and use the same ammonia. It looks dirty, but I think the fumes are what lifts off the grease. I wish I had discovered this years ago...I have been scrubbing these for years.

Also, WD40 (a spray) lubricant will get your greasy stove hoods spotless too. Just spray and wipe off with a paper towel. Easy!

Blue flame on gas stove burner
Cleaning the Burners on a Gas Stove
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJune 1, 2010
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Electric Stove Burner
Electric Stove Burners Not Working
Cleaning Electric Stove Burners
Cleaning Electric Stove Burners
Gas Stove Burner
Repairing Gas Stove Burners