Browsing: Treating a Kitten with Eye Discharge

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Treating a Kitten with Eye Discharge

Some pet ailments can safely be treated at home whereas others need to be referred to a vet to determine the cause and proper treatment. This is a guide about treating a kitten with eye discharge.

Kitten
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

June 26, 2016 Flag

What do I do to treat my Siamese kitten's eye discharge?

kitten with closed eye

I used tea from a tea bag. I let it steep for about 3 minutes. Let it cool with an icecube. I dipped a cotton ball about 1/4 in tea. Gently placed on kittens eye for about 5 seconds to let the matter soften then wipe outward. Using a second cotton ball the same way on the other eye. If really matted repeat until matter is gone. I did this 3 times a day and by the third day all was clean and all kittens were happy.

July 5, 2016 Flag

A stray has had kittens in my back yard and their eyes are looking rough. They are crusted shut. I've tried warm water and a cloth and it's worked on a couple of them. I try to keep the area where they sleep clean, but it's not easy. I can't keep them, but I can't throw them away either. Is this problem contagious as I have inside cats as well. Please help. Thank you.

I had the same problem and I just pulled of the crusty areas then try to pinch or squeeze the green puss out of its eyes I don't know if the infection is internal at all but jus try to clean up its eyes first for a couple days and see how that goes maybe if its internal u can get some antibiotics or something maybe

September 11, 2016 Flag

My kittens have sore eyes. What can I do for them?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Kittens frequently get eye infections. You will need to see a veterinarian for the proper medicine. If it is not treated they can go blind. Don't wait it gets worse rather quickly.

April 14, 2015 Flag

My kitten has discharge coming from its eye. What should I do?

By Shekia O.

Best Answer

A kitty's eye discharge could be for many reasons (eye infection, internal problem, etc.) and should be examined by a veterinarian for correct treatment. If you do not take your kitty to a vet for help now, the problem can become worse and much more difficult (and costly!) to treat.

August 1, 2016 Flag

I rescued a kitten that had terrible fleas so bathed her with a little Dawn and rinsed her well. The fleas are gone. I hope the eggs are too. The real problem now is that she has a little matter coming out of the corners of her eyes. Is this something I can address at home now? We plan to take her to the vet as soon as we can get an appointment (It's Sunday and they're closed).

closeup of black and white kitten

Getting rid of the fleas was important. I have seen fleas kill small kittens. Most small kittens have an eye infection so you will need ointment from your Vet. You can gently wipe the matter away with a warm wet washcloth. That helps, but she will need to be treated. Blindness can result if she is not treated. A day or two delay will not matter too much. Good luck to you.

January 8, 2015 Flag

closeup of cat's eyeMy cat has a crusty eye, chin, and upper jaw. What is it? How do we get rid of it? The cat has been taken to the vet twice, given eye wash, an extended round of Prednisolone 5 MG, and two rounds of Neo Poly Dex Opth Ointment. Yet the black crusty stuff just keeps coming back. He has been treated with Neosporin, but will rub his face until it's all gone. What is this from? And what do we do to make it stop? He occasionally walks around with his eye almost closed, which is worrying us.
closeup of chin and jaw

By Benson

When a cats chin looks like that it has fleas. The black specs is flea poop. No other way to say it. Get advantage II from Petco or a vet it's about $12.00 for a month but it comes in packs of 3 or 6. Believe me I'm a cat lady.

December 17, 2013 Flag

I have a kitten that is skinnier than normal. It walks around sometimes, but just lays around most of the time. It also has goop that keeps closing its eye. I wipe it with warm salt water would that be the reason why it's skinner then normal?

By Joseph

Your cat needs to see a vet. Rubbing the eye with salt water is a good idea, but it's not causing the weight loss. It sounds like worms and/or an infection. See the vet!

September 30, 2006 Flag

My 3 week old kittens have something wrong with their eyes. They keep closing up with crust.

Jeanine from Barnegat, NJ

My cat has eyelashes on her inner eyelids which scratch her eyes and cause them to cloud over and become infected--the vet sold me a tiny tube of Butler Neo-Poly-Bac, a triple antibiotic, for $28. I noticed Neosporin has the same ingredients but a few extra, like cottonseed oil, that seems to me might burn in the eyes, but the Walmart brand triple-antibotic "Equate" has the exact same ingredients as the Butler without the extras and you can get a huge tube for $2.57. I haven't tried it yet, but, y'know, if it works, geez, what a frickin' waste of money.

Load More
Pets HealthApril 9, 2013
One Month Old Kittens
Feeding a One Month Old Kitten
Flea Bath
Giving a Kitten a Flea Bath
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight
Girl with Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis)
Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis) Remedies
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 30, 2016 at 2:20:02 AM on 10.0.0.196 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.