Pecan Pie Recipes

Category Pecan
You will love serving either the traditional southern style pecan pie or perhaps one of the many variations. This page contains pecan pie recipes.

I remember growing up in the 50's, that for all the family reunions and church picnics, my Great Aunt Beaufort always brought her homemade pecan pies. they were a favorite among many, including myself. I grabbed a piece just as soon as I could, because I knew they would get gone quickly.

A couple of years ago, her granddaughter gave me the recipe. It calls for ingredients like a pinch of salt and butter the size of a large egg and just a few instructions as to how to put it together.

Her pies were always thin so I assumed she made 2 pies with this recipe. I have made several of the pies and all have been good. I have finally gotten it to taste like what I remember as a child.

For me, it has to be gluten free. I use a gluten free pie crust mix purchased from Wal-mart.

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 2 pies

• 2 pie shells (I used gluten free)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup Karo dark corn syrup
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 Tbsp butter (melted)
  • dash of salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups broken pecans

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Bake 2 pie crusts slightly (approximately 10 minutes)
  3. Beat eggs with a fork. Add sugar, Karo Syrup, salt, vanilla and melted butter and beat well with the fork.
  4. Ad

5. Pour batter into 2 slightly baked pie crusts.
  6. Sprinkle 1 cup of pecans all over each pie.
  7. Bake 350 degrees F until pie thickens and browns, approximately 30 minutes.
  8. Cool before slicing.

A good pecan pie with raisins in it. An old family favorite.

Directions:

Mix the sugar, cinnamon, and cloves. Beat the egg yolks until light lemon colored and thick. Gradually beat the sugar mixture into the egg yolks. Add in the pecans, raisins, and melted butter.

Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry, and fold into the sugar mixture along with the vinegar. Don't mix the egg whites and vinegar, just put the whites in the bowl with the rest and while you gently fold them in, drizzle in the vinegar. Mix well, but do not beat! Pour into the pie shell.

Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes, then reduce to 350 degrees, and bake for 25 minutes more, until browned and set. Cool, chill, and serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. MMM!

Servings: 8
Time:10 Minutes Preparation Time
35 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: Very old recipe from my Mom.

By Copasetic 1 from North Royalton, OH

Stir together 1 slightly beaten egg, pumpkin, 1/3 c. sugar and spice. Spread over bottom of pie shell. Combine 2 beaten eggs, corn syrup, 1/2 cup sugar, butter and vanilla.

A delicious creamy pie with easy meringue and flaky crust, which is easy and not too expensive to make.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a skillet melt a tablespoon of butter on low heat. Add nuts and toss until coated and the oils start to release (about a minute and a half). Remove from heat and set aside.

Bake pie shells in oven until lightly golden brown. While pie crusts are baking:

Pie Filling: Separate four egg yolks from whites and set aside whites for meringue. In a mixing bowl, cream together the egg yolks and granulated sugar until smooth. Add flour and vanilla and continue to blend until smooth.

In a heavy saucepan, pour one can evaporated milk and one can of water. Bring to a gentle boil then lower heat. Add a tablespoon of butter or margarine.

Pour in egg yolk mixture stirring constantly to prevent sticking. Continue cooking until mixture starts to thicken, then lower heat and add the butterscotch chips and pecans. Pour pie filling into crusts.

Meringue: Beat egg whites until stiff. Add tablespoon of sugar and beat until meringue has stiff peaks. Spoon on top of pies and place in oven. Bake until the meringues are golden brown. Cool completely. Serve.

Source: My own recipe

Servings: 16
Time:20 Minutes Preparation Time
20 Minutes Cooking Time

By Dorothy from Stone Mountain, GA

Pecan pie is a southern dessert tradition. Here are a few variations you can try when making this sweet tasty pie. This page contains southern pecan pie recipes.

Southern Pecan Pie - slice of pie with whipped cream

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

Sweet Potato Pecan Pie recipe. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. With mixer, beat hot yams and butter until smooth. Add remaining ingredients except crust and pecan topping; mix well. Pour into crust. Bake 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare Pecan topping. . .

Beat eggs slightly. Mix in remaining ingredients, except pecans. Then add the nuts. Pour into unbaked shell and bake at 400 degrees F. for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees F.

This is a rich tasting southern dessert which my older sister made when I was a little kid. She was in high school when I was born and we had a very special relationship. I'm getting older now and want to share her recipe.

This is an easy recipe to make. Very tasty!

Beat eggs slightly, add sugar, stir until dissolved. Stir in caramel topping and butter, stir well. Add pecans, pour in pie shell.

Arrange nuts in bottom of pie shell. Beat eggs, add the blend corn syrup, butter and vanilla. Combine sugar and flour. Blend with egg mixture and pour over nuts in pie shell.

Beat eggs slightly, add milk and melted butter, mix. Continue mixing while adding brown sugar at same time. Add cornmeal and flour, mix. Add vanilla and pecans.

Recipes for Chocolate Pecan Pie

Melt butter. Add coconut and pecans. Toss well. Saute until coconut is lightly browned. Set aside. Beat cream cheese until fluffy.

Recipe for Chocolate Chunk Pecan Pie. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, add corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla. Stir well. Add pecans. Sprinkle chocolate chunks over bottom of crust.

Recipe for Kentucky Pecan Pie. Combine syrup, sugar, salt, butter and vanilla. Add eggs. Pour into 9 inch pie shell. Sprinkle pecans over all. Bake in heated oven at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.

Recipe for Golden Ambrosia Pecan Pie. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, stir in all ingredients except pecans and coconut. . .

Classic Pecan Pie Recipe. tir together first 5 ingredients until blended. Add nuts. Pour into pastry shell. Bake in 350 degree F oven for 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. . .

Recipe for German Sweet Chocolate Pecan Pie. Beat cream cheese in large bowl of an electric mixer at high speed until smooth. Add half and half and beat a low speed until well mixed. Add pie filling mix; beat until well blended, 1 minute. Fold in whipped topping, chocolate, and pecans. Spoon into crust...

Combine 1st 6 ingredients and beat for 3-4 minutes. Fold in pecans. Pour into unbaked pie crust and bake 45 minutes at 375 degrees F. Cool completely before serving...

These one-bite pecan pies capture all of the flavor of pecan pie in a bite size treat.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In an med. size mixing bowl, mix together pecans and choc. chips; pour into bottom of pie shell. In same mixing bowl, beat eggs well; add honey and vanilla. Mix well. Blend in margarine.

Beat eggs slightly. Add butter, sugar, syrup, vanilla, salt, flour and pecans. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes or until center is soft but not quite set.

Combine first 7-8 ingredients. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes or overnight in refrigerator. Construct the pie in pan. Brush the top of the pie with beaten egg.

How do I use a store bought pie crust for my pecan pies, and make it so they do not stick or get too brown on top?

By Kay

Answers

If you mean the store pie shells already in an aluminum pan:

Avoiding the crust sticking to the pan-You can try to remove the shell from the pan and spray Pam on the pan (may break the shell).

Avoiding too much browning on the edge-You can simply cut strips of aluminum foil and lightly mold the strips around the edge of the shell to avoid further browning when the color is to your liking. There are also metal baking rings available for this purpose

I made two pecan pies and the syrup went under the crust while baking, can you tell me what I did wrong? I did prick the crust with fork before pouring the syrup mix. Thank you. I don't have a picture, we ate it any way.

By Rosie

Answers

Try making a Southern Chess Pie. It's a pecan pie that uses brown sugar instead of syrup. Trust me, it's just as good.