Corn Casserole Recipes

Category Casseroles
Corn Casserole Recipes
Make a soon to be family favorite using corn as the main ingredient in a delicious casserole. This page contains corn casserole recipes.

Simple, fast, and tasty

• 1 (16 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 (16 oz.) can cream style corn
  • 1 (8 1/2 oz.) pkg. corn muffin mix (dry)
  • Advertisement
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 (4 oz). can of drained green chilies, chopped

Directions:

Grease an 11 inch square pan with butter, margarine, or non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix first four ingredients together until well blended. Add chillies (add some crisp cooked bacon bits if you like). Pour into baking pan.

Bake 1 hour or until set. Cut into squares and serve.

Servings: 10-12
Prep Time: 8-10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 1 Hours

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA

This is a corn casserole with a savory taste. My family likes it really well. It goes well with most any meal and is very easy to cook in the microwave. I am learning how to use my microwave to cook meals. In this hot weather, it keeps the house cooler than if I had to heat the oven or turn on the burners to cook.

• 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 2 Tbsp. flour
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. paprika
  • 1/4 tsp. dry mustard (turmeric can be substituted)
  • pepper, to taste
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 egg, slightly beaten in the milk
  • 1 (16 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained or creamed corn as it comes from the can

Directions:

Place butter and onion in 1 quart casserole that has a tight fitting lid. Microwave 5 to 7 minutes on High, or until onion is transparent.

Add flour, salt, paprika, mustard or turmeric, and pepper. Blend well. Add milk and egg mix slowly, stirring until smooth. Stir in corn. Cover. Microwave 15 to 18 minutes until bubbly.

Let stand 5 minutes, covered.

I have a cheap Walmart microwave and was a little doubtful about it being able to cook like the fancier ones. I got a cookbook and found you just need to watch the first few times you cook a recipe to see how your microwave works. Mine worked just like the recipe said.

One of the secrets is to have a good fitting lid. I bought a crockery pot with a good lid at a garage sale for $2, and it works great. Corning wear does good also.

Servings: 4 to 6
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes

Source: Magic of Microwave Cookbook lll, copyright 1985

By Elaine from OK

Try this delicious recipe made from corn baked in a milk, flour, eggs, and sugar custard. This is a guide about Mennonite baked corn.

Mennonite Baked Corn

Read More... Was this helpful? 2

• 1/3 cup margarine
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 (8 1/2 oz) can creamed corn
  • 1 (11 oz) can whole-kernel corn
  • 6 oz ready to use onion dip
  • Advertisement
  • 1 (6 oz) bag sweet yellow corn muffin mix
  • pepper

Directions:

In a 1 1/2 qt casserole melt margarine. Swirl to coat the sides of the dish. Stir rest of the ingredients into the casserole, mixing until well blended. Bake at 325 degree F for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serves 6-8.

By Sandy from Graettinger, IA

This is a super delicious, easy great for the holidays dish!

Total Time: about 70 minutes

Yield: 6-8 servings

• 1 can whole kernel corn ($.79)
  • 2 cans creamed corn ($1.60)
  • 1 stick melted butter ($.20)
  • 2 eggs ($ pennies)
  • 1 cup sour cream ($.75)
  • 1 8oz. pkg. corn bread mix ($.50)

1. Mix together and put in casserole dish.
  2. Advertisement
  3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.

Mix well together and bake in 9x13 inch pan at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Mix all ingredients together, except cheese. Pour 1/2 of mixture into a 2 qt. greased casserole. Cover with a layer of cheese; add rest of mixture and top with generous layer of cheese.

Saute' onion, green pepper and celery in butter in skillet until brown. Add pimento, corn and sugar. Beat egg with rice in bowl. Add to corn mixture; mix well.

Mix all together and stir in 1 Jiffy corn bread mix. Bake 45 minutes in a 350 degrees F oven in a 8x8 inch pan. Ingredients can be mixed up ahead of time. Keep in refrigerator. Corn bread mix added just before baking.

Mix all together and bake in 2 qt. casserole at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.

I PROMISE, this does taste better than it sounds! And it will feed a lot of people! Brown meat with onions in a skillet. Cook pasta until tender. Mix together together in a large bowl meat, onions, noodles, soups, corn and sour cream.

This page contains corn pudding recipes. A creamy casserole that is great as side dish for dinner or a family gathering.

Corn Pudding Recipes

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains broccoli and corn casserole recipes. The flavors of broccoli and corn complement each other in a variety of casserole possibilities.

Broccoli

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I need a good recipe for Corn pudding/Casserole that can easily be expanded to feed 40-50 people. I need to use a large (111 oz.) can of corn, so preferably with only or mainly corn, not creamed. This is for my church Thanksgiving dinner. Thanks in advance!

Kim from Crawford, CO

Hi,

I always liked baked corn, corn pudding, or scalloped corn made with creamed corn. One time all I had was whole corn. I put it in the blender with some of the other ingredients and mixed it there. This is a family favorite.

If all I had was whole corn, I'd put more than half in a food processor or blender with the liquid.

I don't measure this any more. And don't always make the roux, just add everything together.

The recipe I had called for making a roux with butter and flour, then mixing in the milk, sugar, creamed corn, and beaten eggs just to mix good. Salt and Pepper.

A large pan would take quite a while to bake. You might consider 2 or 3, 9 x 13 pans.My recipe was from a Pa Dutch cook book, and I've been eating this for more than 55 years.

Good Stuff!

use your 111oz of corn

add 3 cans cream corn

1 cup sugar

1 cup flour

2 sticks butter

6-8 eggs beaten

mix all ingredients well.

pour into a greased baking pan bake till it is golden brown on top.

hope this works for you

Try checking with www.DaylesGrowliesforgroups.com. I have done 2 family weddings through this site. Besides, it gives you some other ideas.

Ingredients

• 3 eggs
  • 1 can creamed corn
  • 1 can whole kernel corn, reserve 1/4 cup of liquid
  • 2/3 cup evaporated milk
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 2 Tbsp. onions, minced
  • 3/4 lb. Swiss cheese, diced
  • 2 cups saltines, coarsely crushed

Directions

Beat the eggs slightly in a bowl. Add the creamed corn, whole corn (including 1/4 cup reserved liquid), evaporated milk, butter, onions, and Swiss cheese. Mix well and fold in the saltines. Spoon mixture into a greased casserole dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F for 1 hour. This can be made a day ahead.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Ingredients

Directions

Mix first 5 ingredients in 9x13 inch baking dish. Cut butter over the top. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees F.

By Robin from Washington, IA

This is too easy to be this good! I received this recipe my Daughters ex- mom in law and I always regretted not getting this after their divorce! So one day I thought.. well, we were friends so I called her out of the blue and got it! lol

I am so glad I did and she was thrilled and happy to chat! Most people opt for Corn Casserole with the Jiffy mix but I think this is way better.. and everyone loves it.. I tried to copy it so many times but now that I have the exact recipe I want to pass it on plus its ingredients that you probably have in the cupboard!

Ingredients

• 2 cans creamed corn (or one reg drained and one creamed)
  • 6 Tbsp. flour
  • 2 Tbsp. melted butter (margarine)
  • 12 Tbsp. milk
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • 2 tsp. salt (I put less, hubby has HBP)
Topping
  • 1 pack crackers. (pk of 4 squares or one long pk. )
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted

Directions

Mix 2 Tbsp. butter with flour and add milk. Stir and add the rest of ingredients with corn and mix. Put in buttered or sprayed baking dish.

Prepare the topping last, just before baking. Toss to mix, apply lightly to top. Spread around and bake. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees F.

Everyone will want this recipe. I saw this in my card file but didnt realize it was the one I looked for for years. It seemed to easy to be as good as I remembered.

By Ariela

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup chopped green and/or red sweet pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1/3 cup margarine or butter
  • 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 can cream style corn
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 package corn muffing mix
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, Swiss, or Monterey Jack cheese, with pepper (opt.)

Directions

Cook pepper and onion in margarine in a large saucepan until tender but not browned. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Stir in corn. Add eggs, one at a time; beat by hand just till combined. Stir in muffin mix till moistened. Spread in greased 2 qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degrees F oven for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired; let stand 5 minutes. Garnish with strips of sweet peppers, if desired. Serves 6-8.

By Robin from Washington, IA

• 1 can cream style corn
  • 1 can whole kernel corn
  • 1 cup Velveeta cheese (cubed)
  • 1 cup uncooked macaroni
  • 1 lb. sausage (browned and drained)
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion

Directions:

Mix all together. Melt 1/4 cup margarine and pour over top. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350 degrees F. May be mixed and refrigerated the night before.

By Robin

Ingredients

• 1 8 oz. container of sour cream
  • 1/2 cup butter/margarine (stick only, not from tub)
  • 1 package ( about 8 oz) cornbread mix (just what's in pkg.)
  • 1 regular can (about 15 oz. ) creamed corn
  • 2 regular cans (about 15 oz. each) whole kernel corn

Directions

Let butter/margarine soften to room temperature. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, use your mixer to mix butter/margarine and sour cream well. Add in dry contents of cornbread mix, mix well. Add in the creamed corn, mix well. Clean off the beaters to your mixer if needed. Drain the whole kernel corn (save the liquid to add in when making vegetable soup), and gently fold in the whole kernel corn until mixed well. Pour into a 13x9 inch pan. Bake for about 45 minutes or until top starts becoming golden with patches of light brown. Can double the recipe and bake in a deeper aluminum foil "throw away" type pan from the store. If doubling, bake for 60 minutes. This has always been a favorite of kids and adults. I always get asked for this recipe. Tastes great just out of the oven or reheated as leftovers. Enjoy!

Source: This is an old southern recipe. I've seen variations from Paula Dean on Food Network, on Jiffy and various website, but none are exactly like this one.

By Fran from Dallas, TX

Combine all ingredients in casserole dish and bake until cream cheese and butter are melted.

Combine in a large casserole. Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour at 325 degrees F. Stir once after 30 minutes of baking.

Mix all together. Put in 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees F.