Browsing: Crafts Made with Plastic Bottles

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Crafts Made with Plastic Bottles

All kinds of plastic bottles can be reused in a variety of creative projects. This guide is about crafts made with plastic bottles.

Pile of Plastic Water Bottles
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 9, 2010 Flag

Flowers made from the bottoms of plastic bottles.I came up with this idea for a school recycling project. It is made out of a any tall container and filled with flowers cut out of pop bottles.

Approximate Time: 2 days

Instructions:

1. Get a container you want to use for the vase and cut a hole in the top of the container so you can place your flowers in it.
  2. You will need to take the bottom of plastic bottles and cut the bottoms of them out making different flowers.
  3. Then, paint the flowers any color you want them to be. Let them dry for about 1 hour.
  4. Take craft sticks and make stems out of them, you can paint them green to look like stems.
  5. You will want to hot glue the stems to the flowers. After hot gluing the stems, place a button or gem in the center of the flower.
  6. Make an arrangement: stuff newspaper in the bottom of the container so it will make the flowers stay in place. After making the arrangement of flowers, you can decorate the container any way you want to. I decorated mine with tissue paper and broken glass.

Now your project is all completed. This is a wonderful recycled project made out of items you have at home!

By Kaitlyn from Toronto, OH

December 14, 2011 Flag

Cookies stacked in 8 oz. water bottle with ribbon and decorations tied around the center.This is a great way to use some of those empty water bottles. Fill them with treats then decorate them up a bit, and you have a great package ready for gift giving.

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

Instructions:

You can use any size water bottle, I used the 8 oz. size.

1. Cut the bottle in half with a scissors, but not all the way through, leave about 1 inch still attached.
  2. Fill with treats, something that can be stacked is best, I did cookies. You could do fudge, peanut brittle, etc. It should small enough to stack. I cut down my peppermint brownie cookies with a cookie cutter so they would fit.
  3. Now fill up the bottle as high as possible. Close it up and put Scotch or masking tape over the seam. Make sure the cap is on the bottle. I used a wide wired ribbon tied around the seam and then added a few glitter ornaments. The treats should stay fresh.

By NoRulesArt from Sunny FL

April 19, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about making a plastic bottle bottom sun catcher. The bottom of many plastic drink bottles can be used as part of a kids' craft to make sun catchers.

Making a Plastic Bottle Bottom Sun Catcher

March 23, 2010 Flag

Plastic Bootle Door HangerI saw this in my email this past week and I don't remember who it was from, but it is a perfect way to solve your pop bottle build-up that you were saving for "who-knows-what"

Create a quick pattern from an old business size envelope if you need one, level out the side. (I rounded my corners a little bit). Cut out the circle for the doorknob and you're done.

I applied a little peel-n-stick deco I cut out and also used foil flowers, decorate them however you want to. I want to use some of these in the garden and yard with small potted plants I can hang in trees or off a fence post.

I cut part of the bumps on the bottom off to use that way (about the size of the tip of my pinky finger for drainage).

Source: Craft related email - Forgot who it was from.

By Melody_yesterday from Otterville, MO

January 14, 2010 Flag

Make do with the abundance of garbage we consumers produce in our own homes, using empties and scissors or a craft knife. All eight shows are FREE until decorations are added.

April 18, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about making earrings from plastic drink bottles. Plastic bottles have many craft uses.

Making Earrings from Plastic Drink Bottles

July 13, 2012 Flag

A fab little project for you to make with your children and grandchildren this summer. Make these great little boats and then go sailing!

Bottle sailboat, materials, and children playing with the boat.

March 29, 2011 Flag

Turn your bowl upside down. Place your container next to it and make sure this is the proper height you need your container. Take a pencil and roll the container around holding the pencil still in place while marking your area.

January 29, 2013 Flag

I saw this done on the internet, a post on my Facebook of someone else who did it.

I decided to try it too. I have no epoxy glue so I can't glue them together yet, but I like the way it turned out. It would be a cute planter due to its little size and design, very lightweight. I plan to just lay it around. It is rather genius, don't you think?

Recycled Bottle Fluted VaseRecycled Bottle Fluted Vase

January 4, 2007 Flag

Does anyone have any craft ideas on what to do with empty disposable water bottles? We use so many during the week and I hate to just throw them away.

Lady of the World from NC

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Buy white plastic paint. Paint the bottle then get a black sharpie draw snowman's eyes a nose and a mouth color the top for a hat and wrap a string around for a scarf then you got a snow man.

Hi, another craft for empty bottles. Fill your bottles with sand or stones and sew dresses of your choices. Like different national dresses oryour own design. Got this idea from the crafts forum challenge in UK. Happy crafting!

I don't use the disposable bottles anymore. I bought me 3 "green" water bottles. They are dishwasher safe so I always have a clean one. I fill it up with ice and then water and take it with me.

When I did buy bottled water, I would reuse them. They wash well in the dishwasher (top shelf). But since we got the faucet with a water filter, that is all I use anymore.

July 16, 2012 Flag

This is a way to use any type of plastic stuff: bottle lids, shampoo lids, prescription bottles, aerosol lids, any type of plastic. You take a cookie sheet and line it with foil. Turn your oven on to 450-500 dergees F.

Crafts Using Melted Plastic Bottles And Lids

January 22, 2013 Flag

This is a guide about making a zipper plastic bottle container. Make a cute, functional container from a recycled plastic bottle and a zipper.

Zipper Plastic Bottle Container

July 15, 2010 Flag

Each measures approximately 3-1/4 inches tall and has a little screw-on cap. Energy "shots" came in them. Now that I've ingested all of this stuff, I've got enormous amounts of energy to do some sort of craft or project with all of the empties. But I don't have any ideas. Do you?

May 17, 2012 Flag

I am looking for creative craft ideas for Coke plastic bottles.

Load More
Crafts Recycled CraftsJune 21, 2012
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Water Bottle
Using Recycled Buckets and Bottles for Irrigation
Empty Wine Bottles
Finding Empty Wine Bottles
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 20, 2016 at 2:36:12 PM on 10.0.1.195 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.