Crafts Made with Plastic Bottles

All kinds of plastic bottles can be reused in a variety of creative projects. This guide is about crafts made with plastic bottles.

December 22, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about making a plastic bottle vase. With a bit of creative cutting and folding you can transform a plastic bottle into a beautiful vase.

Plastic Bottle Starburst Vase

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 9, 2010 Flag

I came up with this idea for a school recycling project. It is made out of a any tall container and filled with flowers cut out of pop bottles.

Approximate Time: 2 days

Instructions:

1. Get a container you want to use for the vase and cut a hole in the top of the container so you can place your flowers in it.
  2. You will need to take the bottom of plastic bottles and cut the bottoms of them out making different flowers.
  3. Then, paint the flowers any color you want them to be. Let them dry for about 1 hour.
  4. Take craft sticks and make stems out of them, you can paint them green to look like stems.
  5. You will want to hot glue the stems to the flowers. After hot gluing the stems, place a button or gem in the center of the flower.
  6. Make an arrangement: stuff newspaper in the bottom of the container so it will make the flowers stay in place. After making the arrangement of flowers, you can decorate the container any way you want to. I decorated mine with tissue paper and broken glass.

Now your project is all completed. This is a wonderful recycled project made out of items you have at home!

By Kaitlyn from Toronto, OH

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 4 Comments

December 14, 2011 Flag

This is a great way to use some of those empty water bottles. Fill them with treats then decorate them up a bit, and you have a great package ready for gift giving.

Approximate Time: 30 minutes

Instructions:

You can use any size water bottle, I used the 8 oz. size.

1. Cut the bottle in half with a scissors, but not all the way through, leave about 1 inch still attached.
  2. Fill with treats, something that can be stacked is best, I did cookies. You could do fudge, peanut brittle, etc. It should small enough to stack. I cut down my peppermint brownie cookies with a cookie cutter so they would fit.
  3. Related Content(article continues below)

4. Now fill up the bottle as high as possible. Close it up and put Scotch or masking tape over the seam. Make sure the cap is on the bottle. I used a wide wired ribbon tied around the seam and then added a few glitter ornaments. The treats should stay fresh.

By NoRulesArt from Sunny FL

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment

December 12, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about making a plastic bottle animal planter. Save your bottles to make this adorable planter for spring seedlings.

kitty animal planter

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 23, 2010 Flag

Create a quick pattern from an old business size envelope if you need one, level out the side. (I rounded my corners a little bit). Cut out the circle for the doorknob and you're done.

Plastic Bootle Door Hanger

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 14, 2010 Flag

Make do with the abundance of garbage we consumers produce in our own homes, using empties and scissors or a craft knife. All eight shows are FREE until decorations are added.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 19, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about making a plastic bottle bottom sun catcher. The bottom of many plastic drink bottles can be used as part of a kids' craft to make sun catchers.

Making a Plastic Bottle Bottom Sun Catcher

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 13, 2012 Flag

A fab little project for you to make with your children and grandchildren this summer. Make these great little boats and then go sailing!

Bottle sailboat, materials, and children playing with the boat.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 18, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about making earrings from plastic drink bottles. Plastic bottles have many craft uses.

Making Earrings from Plastic Drink Bottles

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 29, 2011 Flag

Turn your bowl upside down. Place your container next to it and make sure this is the proper height you need your container. Take a pencil and roll the container around holding the pencil still in place while marking your area.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 29, 2013 Flag

I have no epoxy glue so I can't glue them together yet, but I like the way it turned out. It would be a cute planter due to its little size and design, very lightweight.

Recycled Bottle Fluted Vase

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 16, 2012 Flag

This is a way to use any type of plastic stuff: bottle lids, shampoo lids, prescription bottles, aerosol lids, any type of plastic. You take a cookie sheet and line it with foil. Turn your oven on to 450-500 dergees F.

Crafts Using Melted Plastic Bottles And Lids

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 22, 2013 Flag

This is a guide about making a zipper plastic bottle container. Make a cute, functional container from a recycled plastic bottle and a zipper.

Zipper Plastic Bottle Container

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Teri Clark0 found this helpful
July 6, 2005 Flag

Kids love to play in the water. And kids especially love to float toys in the water. With this great craft, they can play with a toy of their own making.

A boat made from a soda bottle.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 4, 2007 Flag

Does anyone have any craft ideas on what to do with empty disposable water bottles? We use so many during the week and I hate to just throw them away.

Lady of the World from NC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Buy white plastic paint. Paint the bottle then get a black sharpie draw snowman's eyes a nose and a mouth color the top for a hat and wrap a string around for a scarf then you got a snow man.

Hi, another craft for empty bottles. Fill your bottles with sand or stones and sew dresses of your choices. Like different national dresses oryour own design. Got this idea from the crafts forum challenge in UK. Happy crafting!

July 15, 2010 Flag

I've accumulated a few hundred of these little, white, plastic, 2-ounce bottles. Each measures approximately 3-1/4 inches tall and has a little screw-on cap. Energy "shots" came in them.

Now that I've ingested all of this stuff, I've got enormous amounts of energy to do some sort of craft or project with all of the empties. But I don't have any ideas. Do you? Help put my energy and empty bottles to good use!

By Ted from Los Angeles, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you make lotion, they are great for samples, or refill them with shampoos and conditioners for trips!

I would use some for small amounts of paint. Use it for quick touch ups on walls etc., you could put your meds in them for each day, you could maybe use them for a toothpick dispenser in your purse or car, or use to dispense single serve koolaid while at work or eating out. Good luck.:)

May 17, 2012 Flag

I am looking for creative craft ideas for Coke plastic bottles.

By Dorothy from Durban, KZN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you take a clear plastic one and put several colorful buttons inside it and glue the top in place it makes a great baby toy. I made one for my granddaughter when she was a crawl around baby and she loved it!

You can make a dandy toy for a crawl around baby. Put several colorful buttons inside and glue the top in place.

March 11, 2008 Flag

Does anyone know how wide or long the cut needs to be in plastic soda bottle wind chimes. The cut is in the side of the bottle. Does the lid need to be left on?

Deb from Knox, TN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Is this what you are referring to as a wind chime? I made this years ago that's why it's a little dirty, here's proof that they last at least 10 years if they're not hanging in the sun.

Take your 1 or 2 leader bottle, rap a piece of paper around the middle, (you may need to tape 2 pieces together to make it fit) of the workable surface from top to bottom (some bottles have a ridge on them work between this) fold the strip of paper into 6 sections, lightly mark each of these sections on the bottle, on the 1st section of paper draw out your design, leaving at least an inch from the top and the bottom before you start your design, be sure not to move into the next section, cut it out, this is now your pattern, place it on your bottle and lightly draw where you're going to cut. I used a soldering iron with a very fine nail in the tip, I'm sure you could use a wood burning tool also.

After you've cut out to design carefully fold back that piece of plastic. I do leave the cap on, heavy fishing line to suspend from a key ring a bead on the inside of the cap that I melted a tiny hole in and I use a fishing lure on the line that it's hanging on so it can spin freely.

I would really like to know how to make that. I like this thing, so cool.

February 22, 2013 Flag

I have been making a project out of using as much of the gallon milk jugs as I can for crafts. I end up with some left over which I cut into very bendable strips. I am wondering if any of you crafters out there have any ideas on what I could weave these into?

Thank you for any feedback on this.

By Robyn from Tennessee

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Have you tried weaving them into either tall cylinders around 2 liter soda bottle using the bottle as a liner for vases and decorate as you wish, or rectangular or square baskets that can be used outdoors as planters after lining with landscape cloth for patios, decks, porches, back steps, etc. Can also be used to hold pencils, kids crayons, etc. Sky is the limit w/this one.

Crafts Recycled CraftsJune 21, 2012
Plastic Bottle Starburst Vase
Making a Plastic Pop Bottle Vase
kitty animal planter
Making a Plastic Bottle Animal Planter
Zipper Plastic Bottle Container
Zipper Plastic Bottle Container
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 9:34:44 PM on 10.0.1.105 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.