Refrigerator's Ice Maker Leaking Water

If your refrigerator ice maker is leaking water, the first step is to locate the source. This is a guide about refrigerator's ice maker leaking water.

Refrigerator's Ice Maker
Filter Sort

Question: Water Trickling From Ice Dispenser

By Mrst213 1

We have a GE side by side with ice/water dispenser. The ice started getting stuck and not coming out. I discovered there was a large frozen piece of ice inside the door where the ice comes out. I removed this chunk. It's forming again and there is a tiny trickle of water behind the ice dispenser lever on the outside of the door in the ice/water dispenser box. We can not find where it is coming from. Any ideas for simple fix?

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Kenmore Ice Maker Leaks Water Onto Floor

My refrigerator has a bottom freezer with an ice maker. This is the second time we have had water in the bottom of the freezer. The first time water ran all over the floor. The repair man put in a new timer and the repair was $300. It has happened again. We shut off the ice maker. Would it be cheaper to replace the ice maker or have another part to fix. I don't dare to go away and have the house flooded.

By Joyce E.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By mcw 80 1,752 Flag

I agree with OliveOyl. To take it one step further have the person who did the warranty work return and this time completely remove the ice maker and disconnect it so you no longer have it leaking on your kitchen floor. Make your own ice cubes by using the ice cube trays.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Water/Ice Dispenser is Leaking

By joe 1

I have a leaky side by side with water/ice dispenser, but no supply line is hooked up to the unit. I have a frozen lake in the bottom of the freezer, how do I fix this? I took everything out of the fridge/freezer for two days to let it thaw. About 2 weeks later I am leaking again. Please help!

Joe from Clinton Township, Mich

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Angel McDowell 2 9 Flag

Its not the ice maker - in the floor of the freezer is a small drain that lets the water drain out after it goes through defrost - it sounds like it is plugged up and not draining. Clean out the ice and look and see if you can see the drain - if you can- take some weed eater string and run it through that should clean out the drain. No more frozen lakes.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Leak in Fridge Overflowing Drain Pan

By kcmfarrelly 1

When it calls for ice in the ice maker, water comes out of the plastic tube into the drain pan and eventually overflows. It is a Whirlpool mod#ET1MTKXKQ03. The drain hose is at the rear bottom of the fridge.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By DCA 4 1,344 Flag

A very easy online search for the "Whirlpool" site will take you to the manufacturer's "contact us" website. You can ask questions via email or call directly. The answering rep may be able to clarify your problem and suggest fridge repair services in your area.

http://www.whirlpool.com/contact-us/

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Water Leaking Under Fridge

We recently remodeled our kitchen and are waiting on a few things to arrive. We moved our refridgerator to a new location but the water lines are not hooked up on the ice maker. I have noticed water leaking on the side where the ice maker is on several occasions. Any advice on how to fix this? I think once we have the water lines hooked back up we should be okay, but for now I would like to solve this issue. Thanks.

By Steve from Chicago, IL

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Carty 1 Flag

I recently had my floors removed for a toilet leak. When they removed the flooring under the LG freezer/fridg started to leak on the right side where the ice maker is. It didn't leak all the time but ice started building up under the freezer drawer...it never had any issues before it was moved. Could this have been caused when they moved my Refridgerator?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Refrigerator Dispenser Drips

What can be the solution? My refrigerator continues to drip water from the dispenser even though the water has been disconnected for some time.

By T Ponton

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Mary Zamek B. 1 Flag

Did you ever resolve your problem? I'm having the same issue. Ordered a new water inlet assembly but hasnt come yet. I shut the water supply off but water dispenser still leaks even though no water comes out. If I push the dispenser lever for a glass of water. Unless it's dripping from water still left in the line.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: GE Ice Maker Leaks Water

I can see water from the fill line going into the ice maker. The water just pours into the icemaker and then instantly into the freeezer to the floor. What causes this?

By Robert

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Linda 45 303 Flag

Are you sure it is your icemaker? We had a problem with ice forming on the bottom of our freezer and finally figured out it was too much stuff in our freezer compartment. When we cleaned out most of the frozen goods it has not leaked again. Just a thought!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing the Ice Maker But Leaving the Water Supply Connected

Our ice maker was overfilling the tray and creating a mess in the freezer on our side by side GE. Since we rarely use ice I just unplugged the ice maker unit and removed it from our freezer. I left the water line open because we do use the filtered cold water to drink.

My question is, is this OK? My concern is will the water tube in freezer ever "turn on" since the unit is now removed. The water is still fully connected because I couldn't see a way to only shut-off the ice maker water supply without losing the cold filtered water supply. Anyone ever do this? Any problems removing the ice maker, but leaving the water supply connected? Thank you.

By Sonny

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Michawn 18 487 Flag

Plumber husband just said once the ice maker is unhooked it's not sending a signal to dispenser valve, therefore no water! Hope that helps!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Frigidaire Ice Maker Leaking

We have a Frigidaire refrigerator, a simple 2 door top and bottom. The ice maker works, it cycles, but the water leaks out of the bottom front. Is this an easy fix?

By Lety

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

November 15, 2012 Flag

Did you get that figured out? Curious about solutions - thanks

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Ice Maker Leaking Water Into Ice Bin

After the ice dumps into the ice bin, about a quarter to half a cup of water runs into the ice bin. The ice maker is on a Kenmore refrigerator model 106.9557681.

By Ron

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By H-D74 1 Flag

Start simple, make sure your refrigerator is level; especially side to side. Next, if the previous yielded no joy, try adjusting the ice cube size, often a lever, located in plain sight adjacent to the plastic cover on the ice-maker module itself.

Otherwise, look under the plastic cover (it often just snaps off with moderate finger pressure), adjust the size setting screw as has been earlier recommended. Next, in logical progression, try replacing the water valve, usually located on the bottom rear of the 'frige. The incoming water line will attach to this valve. You'll need to locate the ID plate/decal for the model & probably the serial numbers of your machine (the location will be offered by most online parts purveyors).

Shop, you'll find a disparity in prices; don't overlook local sources, they'll often price match to get the sale, plus you'll often save the shipping. I think you'll find that the timer function is handled within the ice-maker module itself, although there are a few exceptions. You may be pleasanly surprised by the economy of replacing the ice-maker module in its entirety; it's usually simply done too. Can you see the usual pair of fasteners below the unit? There will be a wiring harness to disconnect as well, generally hidden between the ice-maker module & the rear wall of the freezing compartment.

You had best unplug the 'frige before performing the disconnect; 110 volts in combination with water IS hazardous to your breathing permit! I have only replaced ONE complete ice-maker module which I have owned personally, & that was caused by the abyssmally hard water found in the area.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Ice Maker Dripping Water into Ice Bucket

By Angie V. 1

Water drips into icemaker bucket after ice is deposited, any help?

By Angie V. from Seattle

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Joe 4 Flag

Check thermostat in refrigerator.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Icemaker Leaks When Filling the Tray

By james 1

My side by side refrigerator leaks water into the ice bin when filling the ice tray with water. The water leaks as it enters bin from the chute.

By James from Atlanta, GA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By KidR 5 Flag

Sounds like the water valve is sticking open when the ice maker is asking for water. If you have hard water i would say that will be your problem. Also the ice maker will have a water adjustment on it. Look in your owners manual to see were the adjustment screw is locate.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Ice Machine in Refrigerator is Leaking Water

By Geri Oboril 1

I have a GE side by side refrigerator with an ice maker. It has worked fine since I got it, however now it seems like something is clogged. I keep getting water on the floor and it seems to be coming from the back. I did clean the hole on the bottom of the freezer with baking soda and hot water like the book suggested, but it didn't do anything. Now, I turn on the water for a bit until it makes ice then shut the water off. As a result I can't use the water dispenser. Any ideas? Thanks.

By Geri from McAdoo, PA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Cindy 1 Flag

There is a drain hole in bottom side of freezer that is probably stopped up. Pour warm water mixed with baking soda in hole until it flushes clean. The water goes to your evaporater pan under the fridge.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Ice Maker Leaking

By Affron H. 1

I have a Samsung French door refrigerator with a bottom freezer. My ice maker is leaking water and it is coming through the dispenser. My kitchen got flooded. What can cause the ice maker to leak that kind of water?

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Water Leaks Into Ice Dispenser

I have a Kenmore refrigerator. While using the water dispenser, water also pours into ice maker. I have had to replace the circuit board as a result of the water pouring through the front of the fridge. I have put a new filter in and changed the solenoid assembly.

By John V.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Ice Maker Leaking

My ice maker drips water. Then it leaves a big clump of ice in the ice container. The clump of ice in the ice holder doesn't let the metal part rotate to push the ice out. What do I need to do?

By Sharon C.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Ice Maker Running Water into Collection Box

We have a Kenmore side by side. At times the icemaker will not eject the cubes and when the water comes back on to refill it runs into the collector box. When this happens the whole thing freezes into one huge chunk. We then have to remove the ice maker box and chip out all of the ice.

This does not happen every time so we try to keep an eye on it and keep it turned off when we have enough ice.

By pete

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Ice Maker Leaking into Ice Bin

I have a GE 2005 refrigerator, the ice maker leaks into the ice bin. I replaced the water valve with no luck. It is still leaking into the ice bin. What else can be checked?

By Kerry

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Ice Maker Drips

By Chuck 1

I have a Kenmore refrigerator with a bottom freezer. The ice maker drips water into the catch basin for the cubes and ultimately the ice in the catch basin turns into a solid block of ice cubes. What can I do to fix this problem?

By Chuck from Rice, MN

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Icemaker Leaking Water into Ice Basket

By James 1

My icemaker is leaking water into the ice basket.

James

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Ice MachinesJune 11, 2013
        ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
        Refrigerator
        Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
        Refrigerator Ice Maker
        Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Getting Water
        Crushed Ice
        Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
        Ice Maker
        Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
        © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:38:14 AM on 10.0.0.125 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
        NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
        Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
        BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
        CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings