Cleaning a Coach Purse

You spent a lot of money on your purse and want to keep it looking good. This is a guide about cleaning a Coach purse.

September 15, 2015 Flag

I buy awful looking Coach purses off eBay clean them up and resell them. In my experience this is what I have found that works best. If it's a fabric purse whether it's satin, canvas, or even cotton this product that is sold at the DollarTree is all you need. It's called "Awesome" it's yellow and comes in a spray bottle.

You can clean anything with this stuff; it's great. The label says dilute, but I use it straight. I spray the whole bag and saturate the dirtiest areas. I then scrub with a toothbrush. After that, I wash it in the machine with towels or some bulky items, then if the stains are still there, repeat. I've only had to do that once because the bag was really dirty. Once washed clean I pack the inside with towels to hold the shape. It looks like new!

I will also use a tarnished cloth to shine up the hardware. Sometimes the leather lightens on the corners. I lightly go over it with a Sharpie of the same shade. The suede and patent leather purses are a lost cause. Once dirt has dried on suede it is so hard to get out. I have yet to find anything that will take the black marks off the patent leather.

Coach purses are made very well so don't worry too much about washing it in the machine. It won't hurt it.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 5 Comments

November 9, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about cleaning ink stains from a Coach purse Cleaning stains on an expensive purse without damaging it further needs to be done with care. .

Removing Ink Stains from your Coach Purse

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 24, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about cleaning makeup stains from inside a Coach purse. Makeup can be a tough stain to remove, perhaps even more so if it is on the lining of your purse.

A handbag with makeup inside.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 23, 2014 Flag

I'm "oh so rough" with my purses. I bought a second hand Coach ban online because I don't want the guilt of trashing an expensive bag but still want to look good. So for the price, I got a nice bag but it was pretty dirty. Yuck! But I can't complain for what I paid.

Just like the earlier posts, I tossed it in the wash on delicate with two towels. OMG, it looks amazing. Huge improvement. I used a little bit of laundry detergent and hung it to dry. Now, I didn't have much to risk, so it's your call if you have a real pricey one.

Source: ThriftyFun

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment

February 10, 2013 Flag

After reading the tip about throwing your Coach bag in the washer I thought I'd give it a try. I had found the purse as I was cleaning up after the last tenant moved out of the rental property I own.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 20, 2016 Flag

I bought this beautiful Coach purse off of Postmark. It is super dingy. The patchwork is a mix of suede, fabric, and leather. How do I clean it?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How can I clean my leather coach purse with chocolate syrup all over the inside of it? Can I use oxyclean powder? And should I use a detergent like dreft? Thanks!

August 6, 2016 Flag

I have a yellow Coach patent leather tote bag. Can someone please help me with how to remove the black stains? Thank you.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I've had luck with cleaning patent leather with a "Mr. Clean Magic Erraser".

October 3, 2013 Flag

I bought a Coach small hobo purse in light blue and aqua from a friend. The really pretty white leather looks horrible. It's like she had the sunless tanning lotion on and it rubbed off on the white leather. I have no idea on how to get the strap white again. Do you think I could put it in the washer on delicate? Please help.

By Melissa from LA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The shoe repair stores have a dye for leather purses..

October 1, 2016 Flag

I have a Coach poppy purse made from a stain material. How do I clean my purse? Can I stick it in the washer?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 2, 2015 Flag

How do I get the smell of cigarette smoke out of a Coach bag?

By Amanda

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check this out: http://www.vamo  QCFU5o7AodkzoAAw

I have removed many odors from bags, luggage, trunks, shoes, etc. by filling with wadded up newspapers which you'll need to change every few days until the odor is gone. I understand that cigarette odor is a really tough one and the newspaper might not work alone. Good luck!

October 2, 2015 Flag

I have a black leather Coach purse and it's looking dull. It is getting a good many scuff marks on it. So my question is, what can I use to bring it back to life? The purse itself is special because it was my mom's and she used it regularly too before she passed away. Now I've been carrying it for 8 years everyday and I'm pretty rough on purses. Advice please!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A good shoe repair shop can work wonders for your bag. After all, they work with leather most of the time and produce excellent repairs. You can describe what you would like (and how much the bag means to you!) and you will get a cost estimate for the work.

Good Luck!!!

September 28, 2015 Flag

I just bought a used Coach purse and it needs to be cleaned very badly. It is a yellowish gold fabric purse with tan leather handles and trim. How do I clean it with out damaging the bag? Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here is link to Coach product care and repairs.

http://www.coac  roduct-care.html

June 5, 2014 Flag

I have handbags such as Coach and Gucci which I've had for quite sometime. On their interiors I have either marker or pen marks. I am truly hoping someone can help me get rid of them. If so, I would be sooo appreciative! Thanking you in advance.

By Dominic

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi, I've had great success with Orange Miracle and also Oxyclean stain removers for linings

March 12, 2014 Flag

I had bought a small blue Coach wristlet off this app/website, called Poshmark. It was gently used the lady said, and she said there were no marks or stains. I have recently found one. I really like this wristlet, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with how I should get this stain out? My wristlet isn't leather. It's just the normal fabric for Coach purses/wristlets.

By nicolexx18

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would suggest using a soft bristled toothbrush (baby toothbrush is best but regular brush works too) and a bit of Dawn soap (the blue colored). I have cleaned several bags and wristlets this way, just scrub very lightly, then take a damp cloth and wipe away suds. Repeat if necessary :)

January 10, 2014 Flag

How do I get a smell out of the inside of a leather Coach tote? A probiotic juice leaked inside my red leather tote. I tried cleaning it out immediately and it dried quickly, but it still smells like that juice. How can I get it out?

By Sam D.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sprinkle baking soda on dry interior and let it sit for a few days. Then dump out powder from bag and take a soft brush and brush out any residue.

May 13, 2013 Flag

I have purchased a patent leather Coach bag online. It had a few spots of dark stains that look more like ugly burn marks. Any ideas?

By Mary

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Clean the area that is stained with saddle soap. Apply the saddle soap with a soft cloth and follow label instructions on the saddle soap. If the saddle soap is glycerin based then spray directly onto the leather.

Then put on a shea butter based conditioner using a soft cloth in circular motions. Do this twice a year if it is exposed to the elements frequently. Once a year otherwise.

Spray your black leather suitcase with a water repellent product designed only for leather. This will make spills bead up and not soak in the leather.

April 3, 2013 Flag

My black and gray fabric Coach purse has stains on the bottom and it's getting dirty around the zipper area. How can I clean it on my own?

By Adriana T. from Phoenix, AZ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I trust Dawn dish washing liquid for a lot of things, I bathe my dog to rid her of fleas and ticks, clean carpet stains, wipe off my leather couches. Try using on a damp washcloth with a few drops of Dawn and warm water. Be sure it air dries off thoroughly before using again.

August 7, 2013 Flag

Here's a challenge question? I have a white pebbled leather Coach purse that the white has rubbed off with the slightest of touch. How can I restore the white color back onto the bag. It's turning a greenish color from the leather under the white color. With it being pebbled leather also this is a tricky one. I'm stumped and upset. The first time I tried cleaning it the corners and very front upper white starting coming off. I only used a wet micro fiber cloth and that's all. I barely even wiped it.

By Ria

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi - I believe you must have a "fake" Coach as my daughter has one similar to what you describe and she can clean hers with no problem. There are plenty of fakes being sold so it would be very easy for this to happen.

A real Coach bag will usually cost between 300 and 10,000 dollars. Coach states they do allow any Coach purse to be discounted ( no idea if this is true in the US).

It is against the law to sell a "fake" but it is still done - many times at discount stores and Flea Markets.

Sorry - wish I had a solution for your problem.

August 21, 2011 Flag

How do I clean the outside of my Coach purse? It is off white and showing dirt quickly.

By Juwu

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If it is a vinyl or leather purse, try some Dow Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner. I have used it on vinyl shoes and handbags, and it works great. If it is a fabric purse, I would take it to a reputable dry cleaner to get it cleaned. Then I would spray it with Scotchguard to protect it. You could probably just use a damp soapy cloth from then on to spot clean it. Hope this helps.

October 25, 2004 Flag

I own a small Coach purse, it's not big enough for a make-up bag, so I thought nothing of it to put my eyeliner (pencil) in there. When I went to look in it, there was eyeliner marks all over one side, so I got a Q tip and put water on it, I then began to notice that it was coming off, so it started to use a towel to get the marks out, it didn't help. Did I ruin this purse? Is there anything that I can do to get it off?

Thank you.

Friend

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Well, first, did you try makeup remover?

November 20, 2013 Flag

I received a hand me down Coach purse from the Poppy collection. It was pretty dirty and I thought I could get it clean. Overall the bag looked better, but I think I ruined the front leather, gold, sewn tag. The tag was gold and had the name Coach and Poppy and some other writing on it. After trying to scrub it clean the label looks beige as if someone painted over it and you can barely see the writing. I'm hoping that this is repairable. Someone please help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

By YV

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would take the purse to a craft store like Pat Catan's, Michaels, or Hobby Lobby. They carry so many products that should be able to help you restore it. I would go during a slow time and you're likely to find someone with experience to help you.

If you strike out there you can also try a shoe repair shop.

October 27, 2013 Flag

I bought a used Coach Signature coated khaki handbag, heritage stripe 11350. The straps are very dirty and they should be white. How do I clean not only the straps, but the entire handbag? Only the outside needs cleaning. Thanks.

By Teresa

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Washing machine on delicate - line dry. Been doing this for years with all my coach bags, all still perfect, one is thirty years old.

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceFebruary 13, 2013
Placemat Purse
Making a Placemat Purse
Coach Purse
Stain Proofing a Coach Purse
Cleaning Ink Stains from a Coach Purse
A handbag with makeup inside.
Cleaning Makeup Stains from Inside a Coach Purse
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 21, 2017 at 3:15:34 PM on 10.0.1.43 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.