Browsing: Cleaning a Coach Purse

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Cleaning a Coach Purse

You spent a lot of money on your purse and want to keep it looking good. This is a guide about cleaning a Coach purse.

Cleaning a Coach Purse
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 20, 2016 Flag

I bought this beautiful Coach purse off of Postmark. It is super dingy. The patchwork is a mix of suede, fabric, and leather. How do I clean it?

purse
Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 15, 2015 Flag

I buy awful looking Coach purses off eBay clean them up and resell them. In my experience this is what I have found that works best. If it's a fabric purse whether it's satin, canvas, or even cotton this product that is sold at the DollarTree is all you need. It's called "Awesome" it's yellow and comes in a spray bottle.

You can clean anything with this stuff; it's great. The label says dilute, but I use it straight. I spray the whole bag and saturate the dirtiest areas. I then scrub with a toothbrush. After that, I wash it in the machine with towels or some bulky items, then if the stains are still there, repeat. I've only had to do that once because the bag was really dirty. Once washed clean I pack the inside with towels to hold the shape. It looks like new!

I will also use a tarnished cloth to shine up the hardware. Sometimes the leather lightens on the corners. I lightly go over it with a Sharpie of the same shade. The suede and patent leather purses are a lost cause. Once dirt has dried on suede it is so hard to get out. I have yet to find anything that will take the black marks off the patent leather.

Coach purses are made very well so don't worry too much about washing it in the machine. It won't hurt it.

August 6, 2016 Flag

I have a yellow Coach patent leather tote bag. Can someone please help me with how to remove the black stains? Thank you.

black marks on purse

February 16, 2015 Flag

This is so very simple. I wish I had figured this out a long time ago. I had 100's of ink stains on the inside of my Coach bags. I had never tried to get them out, until the other day. I had an alcohol swab and began to rub and rub. Eventually all, yes all, of the ink marks came out. I couldn't believe it. Removing Ink Stains from your Coach Purse

You will need a lot of alcohol swabs or just buy a bottle of rubbing alcohol and a thin cloth. You have to work at it for a little bit, but it works. Now I'm ready to sell what was once ready to throw out! I'll definitely get more money. I was excited it worked so well!

Later I'll post on how to clean the outside. There are two ways. Check for that post, coming soon. First I want to see how this works for you. Please post pics and let me know.

Removing Ink Stains from your Coach Purse Removing Ink Stains from your Coach Purse

October 3, 2013 Flag

I bought a Coach small hobo purse in light blue and aqua from a friend. The really pretty white leather looks horrible. It's like she had the sunless tanning lotion on and it rubbed off on the white leather. I have no idea on how to get the strap white again. Do you think I could put it in the washer on delicate? Please help.

By Melissa from LA

Most shoe repair stores sale leather dye for purses. Or they can do it for you. But don't put more money into it maybe do it yourself

Read More Answers...

March 2, 2015 Flag

How do I get the smell of cigarette smoke out of a Coach bag?

By Amanda

Try Bounce Dryer Sheets. Someone told me that would remove odors in your shoes. Worth a shot anyway. I just bought one that smells a bit and I'm going to try it!

Read More Answers...

October 2, 2015 Flag

I have a black leather Coach purse and it's looking dull. It is getting a good many scuff marks on it. So my question is, what can I use to bring it back to life? The purse itself is special because it was my mom's and she used it regularly too before she passed away. Now I've been carrying it for 8 years everyday and I'm pretty rough on purses. Advice please!

A good shoe repair shop can work wonders for your bag. After all, they work with leather most of the time and produce excellent repairs. You can describe what you would like (and how much the bag means to you!) and you will get a cost estimate for the work.

Good Luck!!!

September 28, 2015 Flag

I just bought a used Coach purse and it needs to be cleaned very badly. It is a yellowish gold fabric purse with tan leather handles and trim. How do I clean it with out damaging the bag? Thanks.

Here is link to Coach product care and repairs.

http://www.coach.com/product-care.html

June 5, 2014 Flag

I have handbags such as Coach and Gucci which I've had for quite sometime. On their interiors I have either marker or pen marks. I am truly hoping someone can help me get rid of them. If so, I would be sooo appreciative! Thanking you in advance.

By Dominic

Get some cotton balls and alcohol

Wipe gently it's gonna smear some at first

Then get another clean cotton ball wipe it again

Read More Answers...

March 12, 2014 Flag

Blue Coach wristlet, closeup of smudge.I had bought a small blue Coach wristlet off this app/website, called Poshmark. It was gently used the lady said, and she said there were no marks or stains. I have recently found one. I really like this wristlet, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with how I should get this stain out? My wristlet isn't leather. It's just the normal fabric for Coach purses/wristlets.

By nicolexx18

Ivory soap and water should get it out, that's how I clean all my coach bags. Except leather of course :)

Read More Answers...

January 10, 2014 Flag

How do I get a smell out of the inside of a leather Coach tote? A probiotic juice leaked inside my red leather tote. I tried cleaning it out immediately and it dried quickly, but it still smells like that juice. How can I get it out?

By Sam D.

A lot of people asking about the smells in purses. You would be amazed at how using bounce dryer sheets work. Especially on cigarette smell. Just put sheets in the bag let them stay inside the bag for a few days and WOW smells gone.

Read More Answers...

May 13, 2013 Flag

I have purchased a patent leather Coach bag online. It had a few spots of dark stains that look more like ugly burn marks. Any ideas?

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceFebruary 13, 2013
Placemat Purse
Making a Placemat Purse
Coach Purse
Stain Proofing a Coach Purse
Plarn coin purse.
Plarn Coin Purse
Two baby cradle church purses with Kewpie dolls inside.
Crocheted Baby Cradle Purse
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 23, 2016 at 12:38:45 PM on 10.0.2.241 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.