Cleaning a Coach Purse

You spent a lot of money on your purse and want to keep it looking good. This is a guide about cleaning a Coach purse.

Cleaning a Coach Purse
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I buy awful looking Coach purses off eBay clean them up and resell them. In my experience this is what I have found that works best. If it's a fabric purse whether it's satin, canvas, or even cotton this product that is sold at the DollarTree is all you need. It's called "Awesome" it's yellow and comes in a spray bottle.

You can clean anything with this stuff; it's great. The label says dilute, but I use it straight. I spray the whole bag and saturate the dirtiest areas. I then scrub with a toothbrush. After that, I wash it in the machine with towels or some bulky items, then if the stains are still there, repeat. I've only had to do that once because the bag was really dirty. Once washed clean I pack the inside with towels to hold the shape. It looks like new!

I will also use a tarnished cloth to shine up the hardware. Sometimes the leather lightens on the corners. I lightly go over it with a Sharpie of the same shade. The suede and patent leather purses are a lost cause. Once dirt has dried on suede it is so hard to get out. I have yet to find anything that will take the black marks off the patent leather.

Coach purses are made very well so don't worry too much about washing it in the machine. It won't hurt it.

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is so very simple. I wish I had figured this out a long time ago. I had 100's of ink stains on the inside of my Coach bags. I had never tried to get them out, until the other day. I had an alcohol swab and began to rub and rub. Eventually all, yes all, of the ink marks came out. I couldn't believe it.

You will need a lot of alcohol swabs or just buy a bottle of rubbing alcohol and a thin cloth. You have to work at it for a little bit, but it works. Now I'm ready to sell what was once ready to throw out! I'll definitely get more money. I was excited it worked so well!

Later I'll post on how to clean the outside. There are two ways. Check for that post, coming soon. First I want to see how this works for you. Please post pics and let me know.

Removing Ink Stains from your Coach Purse
      Removing Ink Stains from your Coach Purse Removing Ink Stains from your Coach Purse

I have a black leather Coach purse and it's looking dull. It is getting a good many scuff marks on it. So my question is, what can I use to bring it back to life? The purse itself is special because it was my mom's and she used it regularly too before she passed away. Now I've been carrying it for 8 years everyday and I'm pretty rough on purses. Advice please!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A good shoe repair shop can work wonders for your bag. After all, they work with leather most of the time and produce excellent repairs. You can describe what you would like (and how much the bag means to you!) and you will get a cost estimate for the work.

Good Luck!!!

I just bought a used Coach purse and it needs to be cleaned very badly. It is a yellowish gold fabric purse with tan leather handles and trim. How do I clean it with out damaging the bag? Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here is link to Coach product care and repairs.

http://www.coach.com/product-care.html

I bought a Coach small hobo purse in light blue and aqua from a friend. The really pretty white leather looks horrible. It's like she had the sunless tanning lotion on and it rubbed off on the white leather. I have no idea on how to get the strap white again. Do you think I could put it in the washer on delicate? Please help.

By Melissa from LA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Most shoe repair stores sale leather dye for purses. Or they can do it for you. But don't put more money into it maybe do it yourself

Read More Answers...

I have handbags such as Coach and Gucci which I've had for quite sometime. On their interiors I have either marker or pen marks. I am truly hoping someone can help me get rid of them. If so, I would be sooo appreciative! Thanking you in advance.

By Dominic

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Get some cotton balls and alcohol

Wipe gently it's gonna smear some at first

Then get another clean cotton ball wipe it again

Read More Answers...

How do I get the smell of cigarette smoke out of a Coach bag?

By Amanda

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check this out: http://www.vamooseproducts.com/?gclid=CJbsiuGHj8QCFU5o7AodkzoAAw

I have removed many odors from bags, luggage, trunks, shoes, etc. by filling with wadded up newspapers which you'll need to change every few days until the odor is gone. I understand that cigarette odor is a really tough one and the newspaper might not work alone. Good luck!

I have purchased a patent leather Coach bag online. It had a few spots of dark stains that look more like ugly burn marks. Any ideas?

By Mary

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Clean the area that is stained with saddle soap. Apply the saddle soap with a soft cloth and follow label instructions on the saddle soap. If the saddle soap is glycerin based then spray directly onto the leather.

Then put on a shea butter based conditioner using a soft cloth in circular motions. Do this twice a year if it is exposed to the elements frequently. Once a year otherwise.

Spray your black leather suitcase with a water repellent product designed only for leather. This will make spills bead up and not soak in the leather.

My black and gray fabric Coach purse has stains on the bottom and it's getting dirty around the zipper area. How can I clean it on my own?

By Adriana T. from Phoenix, AZ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I trust Dawn dish washing liquid for a lot of things, I bathe my dog to rid her of fleas and ticks, clean carpet stains, wipe off my leather couches. Try using on a damp washcloth with a few drops of Dawn and warm water. Be sure it air dries off thoroughly before using again.

Here's a challenge question? I have a white pebbled leather Coach purse that the white has rubbed off with the slightest of touch. How can I restore the white color back onto the bag. It's turning a greenish color from the leather under the white color. With it being pebbled leather also this is a tricky one. I'm stumped and upset. The first time I tried cleaning it the corners and very front upper white starting coming off. I only used a wet micro fiber cloth and that's all. I barely even wiped it.

By Ria

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi - I really meant to say that Coach states they do NOT allow their products to be discounted in any store that legally buys from them.

Some of the eBay sellers do sell legitimate Coach handbags and some do not. Always be very careful when purchasing something like this and as always "if it is too good to be true" it probably isn't.

It is legal to sell used authentic Coach purses.

Read More Answers...

Blue Coach wristlet, closeup of smudge.I had bought a small blue Coach wristlet off this app/website, called Poshmark. It was gently used the lady said, and she said there were no marks or stains. I have recently found one. I really like this wristlet, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with how I should get this stain out? My wristlet isn't leather. It's just the normal fabric for Coach purses/wristlets.

By nicolexx18

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would suggest using a soft bristled toothbrush (baby toothbrush is best but regular brush works too) and a bit of Dawn soap (the blue colored). I have cleaned several bags and wristlets this way, just scrub very lightly, then take a damp cloth and wipe away suds. Repeat if necessary :)

I own a small Coach purse, it's not big enough for a make-up bag, so I thought nothing of it to put my eyeliner (pencil) in there. When I went to look in it, there was eyeliner marks all over one side, so I got a Q tip and put water on it, I then began to notice that it was coming off, so it started to use a towel to get the marks out, it didn't help. Did I ruin this purse? Is there anything that I can do to get it off?

Thank you.

Friend

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have been told that Wilson's (the leather store) leather cleaner and moisturizer is a cheaper substitute for the coach purses and other leather ware. It supposed to work just as good as the coach cleaners and moisturizers, but for less money. I have never tried myself so I can't give you an opinion on that. Good luck.

Read More Answers...

How do I get a smell out of the inside of a leather Coach tote? A probiotic juice leaked inside my red leather tote. I tried cleaning it out immediately and it dried quickly, but it still smells like that juice. How can I get it out?

By Sam D.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sprinkle baking soda on dry interior and let it sit for a few days. Then dump out powder from bag and take a soft brush and brush out any residue.

I received a hand me down Coach purse from the Poppy collection. It was pretty dirty and I thought I could get it clean. Overall the bag looked better, but I think I ruined the front leather, gold, sewn tag. The tag was gold and had the name Coach and Poppy and some other writing on it. After trying to scrub it clean the label looks beige as if someone painted over it and you can barely see the writing. I'm hoping that this is repairable. Someone please help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

By YV

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would take the purse to a craft store like Pat Catan's, Michaels, or Hobby Lobby. They carry so many products that should be able to help you restore it. I would go during a slow time and you're likely to find someone with experience to help you.

If you strike out there you can also try a shoe repair shop.

I bought a used Coach Signature coated khaki handbag, heritage stripe 11350. The straps are very dirty and they should be white. How do I clean not only the straps, but the entire handbag? Only the outside needs cleaning. Thanks.

By Teresa

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Washing machine on delicate - line dry. Been doing this for years with all my coach bags, all still perfect, one is thirty years old.

I have a beige leather Coach bag with pen marks on the outside of the bag. How would you suggest removing pen stains?

By Irene

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I had pen marks on a good leather bag and I used liquid dawn dish soap on a wet cloth; good as new.

Read More Answers...

How do I clean the outside of my Coach purse? It is off white and showing dirt quickly.

By Juwu

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If it is a vinyl or leather purse, try some Dow Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner. I have used it on vinyl shoes and handbags, and it works great. If it is a fabric purse, I would take it to a reputable dry cleaner to get it cleaned. Then I would spray it with Scotchguard to protect it. You could probably just use a damp soapy cloth from then on to spot clean it. Hope this helps.

Read More Answers...

I'm "oh so rough" with my purses. I bought a second hand Coach ban online because I don't want the guilt of trashing an expensive bag but still want to look good. So for the price, I got a nice bag but it was pretty dirty. Yuck! But I can't complain for what I paid.

Just like the earlier posts, I tossed it in the wash on delicate with two towels. OMG, it looks amazing. Huge improvement. I used a little bit of laundry detergent and hung it to dry. Now, I didn't have much to risk, so it's your call if you have a real pricey one.

Source: ThriftyFun

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How would you clean a white/pink canvas Coach bag? It is brand new and supposed to be stain resistant, but now I have dark markings, most likely from rubbing on clothing, that are in the creases of the bag.

AnswerMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes
            Load More
            Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceFebruary 13, 2013
            Placemat Purse
            Making a Placemat Purse
            Coach Purse
            Stain Proofing a Coach Purse
            Plarn coin purse.
            Plarn Coin Purse
            Two baby cradle church purses with Kewpie dolls inside.
            Crocheted Baby Cradle Purse
            © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 22, 2016 at 5:02:38 PM on 10.0.1.191 in 778 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.