Cleaning a Coach Purse

You spent a lot of money on your purse and want to keep it looking good. This is a guide about cleaning a Coach purse.

Filter Sort

Question: Eyeliner on a Coach Purse

By nikku 1

I own a small Coach purse, it's not big enough for a make-up bag, so I thought nothing of it to put my eyeliner (pencil) in there. When I went to look in it, there was eyeliner marks all over one side, so I got a Q tip and put water on it, I then began to notice that it was coming off, so it started to use a towel to get the marks out, it didn't help. Did I ruin this purse? Is there anything that I can do to get it off?

Thank you.

Friend

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Mary 1 8 Flag

I have been told that Wilson's (the leather store) leather cleaner and moisturizer is a cheaper substitute for the coach purses and other leather ware. It supposed to work just as good as the coach cleaners and moisturizers, but for less money. I have never tried myself so I can't give you an opinion on that. Good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Removing Ink Stains from Your Coach Purse

By melissa25 2

This is so very simple. I wish I had figured this out a long time ago. I had 100's of ink stains on the inside of my Coach bags. I had never tried to get them out, until the other day. I had an alcohol swab and began to rub and rub. Eventually all, yes all, of the ink marks came out. I couldn't believe it.

You will need a lot of alcohol swabs or just buy a bottle of rubbing alcohol and a thin cloth. You have to work at it for a little bit, but it works. Now I'm ready to sell what was once ready to throw out! I'll definitely get more money. I was excited it worked so well!

Later I'll post on how to clean the outside. There are two ways. Check for that post, coming soon. First I want to see how this works for you. Please post pics and let me know.

Removing Ink Stains from your Coach Purse
    Removing Ink Stains from your Coach Purse Removing Ink Stains from your Coach Purse

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning a Stain on a Coach Leather Purse

By Melissa C. 1

I bought a Coach small hobo purse in light blue and aqua from a friend. The really pretty white leather looks horrible. It's like she had the sunless tanning lotion on and it rubbed off on the white leather. I have no idea on how to get the strap white again. Do you think I could put it in the washer on delicate? Please help.

By Melissa from LA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Tanya 4 77 Flag

No. Don't machine wash leather because it will fall apart. I had a beautiful leather coat and made the mistake of machine washing it. It is totally ruined. Perhaps someone here knows how to clean leather. I don't know how but I do know not to machine wash it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Sharpie Stain on White Coach Purse

By Sarah Marsey 1

I am at a real loss. Some how I got sharpie on my new White Coach bag. The purse is made from nylon and has a been "pre-treated" so not to get any stains. Every other time I get anything on it, I just wash it and it's gone. Not this time. I didn't put it in the dryer, but a little bleach and a turn in the machine did nothing. Please help!

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Kim McGrantham 16 160 Flag

We use sharpies on resin christmas ornaments and we use enamal thinner from the hobby store (not nail polish remover) to erase mistakes.. maybe it will work for you.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Tips for Cleaning a Coach Purse

By Ladygreenbyrd 1

I buy awful looking Coach purses off eBay clean them up and resell them. In my experience this is what I have found that works best. If it's a fabric purse whether it's satin, canvas, or even cotton this product that is sold at the DollarTree is all you need. It's called "Awesome" it's yellow and comes in a spray bottle.

You can clean anything with this stuff; it's great. The label says dilute, but I use it straight. I spray the whole bag and saturate the dirtiest areas. I then scrub with a toothbrush. After that, I wash it in the machine with towels or some bulky items, then if the stains are still there, repeat. I've only had to do that once because the bag was really dirty. Once washed clean I pack the inside with towels to hold the shape. It looks like new!

I will also use a tarnished cloth to shine up the hardware. Sometimes the leather lightens on the corners. I lightly go over it with a Sharpie of the same shade. The suede and patent leather purses are a lost cause. Once dirt has dried on suede it is so hard to get out. I have yet to find anything that will take the black marks off the patent leather.

Coach purses are made very well so don't worry too much about washing it in the machine. It won't hurt it.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: White Pebbled Leather Coming Off Coach Purse

Here's a challenge question? I have a white pebbled leather Coach purse that the white has rubbed off with the slightest of touch. How can I restore the white color back onto the bag. It's turning a greenish color from the leather under the white color. With it being pebbled leather also this is a tricky one. I'm stumped and upset. The first time I tried cleaning it the corners and very front upper white starting coming off. I only used a wet micro fiber cloth and that's all. I barely even wiped it.

By Ria

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By cybergrannie 32 893 Flag

Hi - I really meant to say that Coach states they do NOT allow their products to be discounted in any store that legally buys from them.

Some of the eBay sellers do sell legitimate Coach handbags and some do not. Always be very careful when purchasing something like this and as always "if it is too good to be true" it probably isn't.

It is legal to sell used authentic Coach purses.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Black Stains on Coach bag

I have purchased a patent leather Coach bag online. It had a few spots of dark stains that look more like ugly burn marks. Any ideas?

By Mary

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Robyn 376 753 Flag

Clean the area that is stained with saddle soap. Apply the saddle soap with a soft cloth and follow label instructions on the saddle soap. If the saddle soap is glycerin based then spray directly onto the leather.

Then put on a shea butter based conditioner using a soft cloth in circular motions. Do this twice a year if it is exposed to the elements frequently. Once a year otherwise.

Spray your black leather suitcase with a water repellent product designed only for leather. This will make spills bead up and not soak in the leather.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning a Fabric Coach Purse

By traslavinaa 1

My black and gray fabric Coach purse has stains on the bottom and it's getting dirty around the zipper area. How can I clean it on my own?

By Adriana T. from Phoenix, AZ

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Diana Sue M. 5 17 Flag

I trust Dawn dish washing liquid for a lot of things, I bathe my dog to rid her of fleas and ticks, clean carpet stains, wipe off my leather couches. Try using on a damp washcloth with a few drops of Dawn and warm water. Be sure it air dries off thoroughly before using again.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Ink from a Leather Purse

I have a beige leather Coach bag with pen marks on the outside of the bag. How would you suggest removing pen stains?

By Irene

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Betty 104 753 Flag

I had pen marks on a good leather bag and I used liquid dawn dish soap on a wet cloth; good as new.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning a White Coach Purse

How do I clean the outside of my Coach purse? It is off white and showing dirt quickly.

By Juwu

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Rachel's Mom 277 87 Flag

If it is a vinyl or leather purse, try some Dow Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner. I have used it on vinyl shoes and handbags, and it works great. If it is a fabric purse, I would take it to a reputable dry cleaner to get it cleaned. Then I would spray it with Scotchguard to protect it. You could probably just use a damp soapy cloth from then on to spot clean it. Hope this helps.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning a Canvas Coach Bag

How would you clean a white/pink canvas Coach bag? It is brand new and supposed to be stain resistant, but now I have dark markings, most likely from rubbing on clothing, that are in the creases of the bag.

By Terri

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By cybergrannie 32 893 Flag

Hi. Coach bags are expensive so be very careful with any cleaner. I go to the web site and ask questions, usually get good answers. Just ask about your particular bag.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning a Coach Purse

By linda 1

I have a Coach handbag. The white leather handles have turned a little grey. How can I clean this?

By Linda from Palm Springs, CA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Araceli Andrade 1 Flag

Wow, I am so close to sticking my coach bag in the washer! Your purse looks great!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Reviving a Black Leather Coach Purse

By Jill Marie K. 1

I have a black leather Coach purse and it's looking dull. It is getting a good many scuff marks on it. So my question is, what can I use to bring it back to life? The purse itself is special because it was my mom's and she used it regularly too before she passed away. Now I've been carrying it for 8 years everyday and I'm pretty rough on purses. Advice please!

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By DCA 4 1,354 Flag

A good shoe repair shop can work wonders for your bag. After all, they work with leather most of the time and produce excellent repairs. You can describe what you would like (and how much the bag means to you!) and you will get a cost estimate for the work.

Good Luck!!!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning a Leather and Fabric Coach Purse

By Jessica Gayheart 1

I just bought a used Coach purse and it needs to be cleaned very badly. It is a yellowish gold fabric purse with tan leather handles and trim. How do I clean it with out damaging the bag? Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Abigail A. 15 1,046 Flag

Here is link to Coach product care and repairs.

http://www.coach.com/product-care.html

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Cigarette Odor from Coach Purse

How do I get the smell of cigarette smoke out of a Coach bag?

By Amanda

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Loth 1 21 Flag

Check this out: http://www.vamooseproducts.com/?gclid=CJbsiuGHj8QCFU5o7AodkzoAAw

I have removed many odors from bags, luggage, trunks, shoes, etc. by filling with wadded up newspapers which you'll need to change every few days until the odor is gone. I understand that cigarette odor is a really tough one and the newspaper might not work alone. Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Cleaning a Used Coach Purse

By Terri Q. 1

I'm "oh so rough" with my purses. I bought a second hand Coach ban online because I don't want the guilt of trashing an expensive bag but still want to look good. So for the price, I got a nice bag but it was pretty dirty. Yuck! But I can't complain for what I paid.

Just like the earlier posts, I tossed it in the wash on delicate with two towels. OMG, it looks amazing. Huge improvement. I used a little bit of laundry detergent and hung it to dry. Now, I didn't have much to risk, so it's your call if you have a real pricey one.

Source: ThriftyFun

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Ink from a Coach Purse

I have handbags such as Coach and Gucci which I've had for quite sometime. On their interiors I have either marker or pen marks. I am truly hoping someone can help me get rid of them. If so, I would be sooo appreciative! Thanking you in advance.

By Dominic

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By bobbie marie 1 Flag

Hi, I've had great success with Orange Miracle and also Oxyclean stain removers for linings

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing a Smudge Stain on Coach Wristlet

By nicolexx18 1

Blue Coach wristlet, closeup of smudge.I had bought a small blue Coach wristlet off this app/website, called Poshmark. It was gently used the lady said, and she said there were no marks or stains. I have recently found one. I really like this wristlet, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with how I should get this stain out? My wristlet isn't leather. It's just the normal fabric for Coach purses/wristlets.

By nicolexx18

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Kristi Palmer P. 1 Flag

I would suggest using a soft bristled toothbrush (baby toothbrush is best but regular brush works too) and a bit of Dawn soap (the blue colored). I have cleaned several bags and wristlets this way, just scrub very lightly, then take a damp cloth and wipe away suds. Repeat if necessary :)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Odors from Leather Coach Tote

How do I get a smell out of the inside of a leather Coach tote? A probiotic juice leaked inside my red leather tote. I tried cleaning it out immediately and it dried quickly, but it still smells like that juice. How can I get it out?

By Sam D.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By highoctanehoney 1 Flag

Sprinkle baking soda on dry interior and let it sit for a few days. Then dump out powder from bag and take a soft brush and brush out any residue.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Label on Coach Purse Discolored from Cleaning

I received a hand me down Coach purse from the Poppy collection. It was pretty dirty and I thought I could get it clean. Overall the bag looked better, but I think I ruined the front leather, gold, sewn tag. The tag was gold and had the name Coach and Poppy and some other writing on it. After trying to scrub it clean the label looks beige as if someone painted over it and you can barely see the writing. I'm hoping that this is repairable. Someone please help. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

By YV

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Sandy 6 128 Flag

I would take the purse to a craft store like Pat Catan's, Michaels, or Hobby Lobby. They carry so many products that should be able to help you restore it. I would go during a slow time and you're likely to find someone with experience to help you.

If you strike out there you can also try a shoe repair shop.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning a Coach Bag

I bought a used Coach Signature coated khaki handbag, heritage stripe 11350. The straps are very dirty and they should be white. How do I clean not only the straps, but the entire handbag? Only the outside needs cleaning. Thanks.

By Teresa

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By joanfry 28 74 Flag

Washing machine on delicate - line dry. Been doing this for years with all my coach bags, all still perfect, one is thirty years old.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Wite-Out from Coach Purse

How would you clean Wite-Out off your Coach purse?

By Adela

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Shana E. 1 Flag

White out can easily be removed from anything using generic or cheap baby sunscreen! I know... Sounds crazy! My children "painted" my room for me and I tried everything to remove the white out, until I found this really does work! Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Clean Your Coach Handbag at Home

By Renee Clevenger M. 1

After reading the tip about throwing your Coach bag in the washer I thought I'd give it a try. I had found the purse as I was cleaning up after the last tenant moved out of the rental property I own. The purse looked like new except it was a little dirty. Since it was a found item I figured, why not? I put it in the washing machine on delicate cycle with a couple towels as previously recommended, used cold water and Woolite and hung it up dry. It came out perfect; looks brand new. It is a sateen finish bag with leather handles and trim.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning a Patent Leather Coach Purse

I have a stained patent leather off-white Coach purse. The Coach people tell me to only use a damp cloth so as not to damage the patent leather. It is not working at all. Has anyone found something that works?

By Lauri K.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Jennifer I. 4 Flag

Softscrub is great for removing scuff marks on leather shoes. It might work well on the purse. However, I would recommend testing a small spot first.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Coffee Spilled on Coach Purse

How do I clean coffee spilled all over a coach purse?

By Kevin D.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning Lining of Kate Landry Handbag

Thank you for the tip, the alcohol swabs did the trick. All my pen marks are gone! I still have dirt to clean in the lining. Should I wait to clean it that until the alcohol has dried or continue cleaning it?

By LMA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Lipstick Stain on Coach Fabric Wallet

How can I get a hot pink lipstick stain out of my fabric Coach wallet?

By Samantha

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning a Coach Purse

Gold coach purse.I have a Coach Madison Maggie laser cut bag. It is a gold dusted dirt magnet. How do I keep it clean? My purse is considered leather, but no leather cleaner can be used because it's soft leather with a shiny gold finish over it=\ I'm extremely careful, but any dirt shows up on it and I spent a lot of money on it. Please any suggestions on how to clean it would be greatly appreciated!

By Rachael

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Coach Purse Stain

How do you get a dirt stain out of a silk Coach purse?

By Mia K.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Teriyaki Sauce on Fabric Coach Purse

How do I remove teriyaki sauce from my fabric Coach purse without using the Coach fabric cleaner that is recommended?

By Tasha

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning a Coach Bag

I spilled my berry smoothie all over my beige and turquoise leather trim Coach backpack. I have dabbed off as much of the smoothie as I could. However I do not want a permanent stain. What should I do?

By Anonymous from CA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning a Fabric Coach Purse

By Brianna B 1

I have this black, red, white, and grey fabric Coach purse with black leather trim and handles. I have a ring around the bottom that's quite dirty. How would I get this clean at home? Any suggestions? Please help.

By Brianna B

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Dye Transfer on My Coach Purse

I have this Peyton C embossed patent convertible Coach bag. It has a dye transfer on it because I put it together with my clothes. I tried to use the vinegar and saddle soap, but it doesn't work. Then finally I decided to use Clorox, using the cotton buds, but it's getting worse. I only used it one time, then this happens. It's a leather different to regular patent leather. Guys help me! I will truly appreciate it.

By Sweet

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning My Coach Purse

My Coach purse is not leather, it's the pink striped one with blue, green, white, yellow, and purple and the handles are brown leather. The bottom of the purse is black. I would love it looking like I just bought it. Please help.

By JML

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning Stains on My Coach Bag

How do I get a stain out of my Coach bag? It maybe rain or some other stain?

By Amanda

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Lipstick Stain on Coach Fabric Purse

By Lisa Solis 1

How do I remove lipstick from my fabric Coach purse?

By Lisa

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: How to clean a coach leather handbag?

Can anyone tell me how to clean a coach leather handbag/purse? Is there a homemade recipe for cleaning leather purses? Thanks and please reply asap.

Candice

Answers:

RE: How to clean a coach leather handbag?

I had this great leather purse made in ITALY and the leather was a light camel color and ever so creamy soft. One day while dining at a restaurant I, by mistake, picked up a pat of butter under my little medicine container, that I brought with me and placed it in my purse. When I went to use the purse the next time I found (you guessed it) a large greasy stain that had gone right through the lining.

I called several businesses that deal with leather as well as brought it to 3 different shoe cobblers. No one would touch it. Even after I suggested how it might come out if it were to be dyed a darker color, like navy or black, they all told me the same thing... no guarantee. Is your handbag lightly soiled or badly stained? You could always try good old fashioned saddlesoap which you can purchase in a good shoe store. Good luck. (02/14/2005)

By joesgirl (Guest Post)

Coach has a cleaner for their leather pieces. You might try searching for "Coach" to see if they have a website. The salesperson did tell me not to use other cleaners because they would damage the leather. (02/28/2005)

By Debbie (Guest Post)

Archive: Cleaning a Coach Purse

How can I clean my Coach Purse other than using their product?

azleeann from Phoenix, AZ

Answers:

Mink Oil

I have used mink oil and also the inexpensive leather shoe cleaner lotion in store. I have 6 coach purses and have used it on all of them. It is much cheaper. (05/29/2006)

By

Murphy's Oil Soap

I bought a Coach purse on ebay and received it in very soiled condition I heard that Murphy's oil soap would work well I tried it and you would be AMAZED at how well it cleaned the leather! (06/15/2006)

By Erin

Cleaning Suede and Leather

To clean suede use a suede cleaning eraser ( it has pumice in it and rubber) the combination removes dirt very effectively.

To clean leather safely you should use a leather cleaner that is pH 4.5 matched to leather. Most cleaners are detergents and soaps (coach has a list of leathers that you SHOULD NOT use with their cleaner). The safest cleaner on the market is called Lovin my Bags. It is safe for unfinished leathers too. If the cleaner doesn't do it, they have professional services to restore the leather.

Good luck!(06/15/2006)

By Barbara Hamel

White Vinegar

I heard that white vinegar removes stains well. (06/22/2006)

By Bernie

Cleaning Ideas

i work with handbags and to clean little spots in the Canvas (signature) handbags, a little seltzer water, some gentle soap (like Dove) and a toothbrush usually works. For leather try a baby wipe, the Coach leather moisturizer, or even a product called Goo Gone (look in craft stores or Home Depot), but test the Goo Gone on a "hidden" spot before using all over the bag. When all else fails take it to a VERY trusted dry cleaners. (06/25/2006)

By Liz

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

Do not use any kind of soap, pH is 7 at best if it is neutal. Leather is 4.5. The chemistry is important or leather will rot. Ink comes out with a white eraser, if you catch it in time. No vinegar on leather it is too acidic and can pull out the color. The best cleaner is the Lovin my Bags brand. It is safe for ALL leathers and has a pH of 4.5. It is made specifically for delicare designer handbags. I work with leather and this is the only product I would recommend for any designer leather handbag cleaning. (06/28/2006)

By Gary

Archive: Cleaning a Coach Purse

How can I clean my black and white Coach purse without there product?

Christine from Phoenix, AZ

Answers:

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

If there is a coach store near your home just take the purse in and see if they will clean it for you. They've cleaned mine before! (07/24/2006)

Archive: Cleaning a Coach Purse

How do you clean general overall dirt form a pre-owned Coach signature fabric purse?

Maria from South NJ

Answers:

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

I actually have a white Coach purse and it is the cloth material. I use a clean wash cloth with regular ol' dish soap and the hottest water you can stand on your hands. Get the bag soaking wet, then get your cloth wet. Put about a half-dollar size amount of soap onto your cloth, when you rub it on the purse you can scrub it pretty hard. After I get it nice and soapy I rinse it off just a little bit and I've thrown mine right into the washing machine on super gentle and I have had really great results. If you take the purse to the dry cleaners the purse WILL turn yellow. Good luck. (11/14/2006)

By Jackie

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

Unscented Baby Wipes! They have worked wonderfully on my two-year old khaki Signature bag. They were recommended by a Coach store manager. Important that you get unscented and non-lotion type wipes. I have had excellent results with Huggies Unscented Natural Care wipes and also Kleenex Moist Wipes in a box. Just lightly scrub into the fabric and you will see the soil coming off into the wipe. Doing this every 3-4 weeks takes off the surface dirt and really brightens up my bag. They also a great for a quick cleaning of leather bags and shoes. (03/25/2007)

By Jeanne

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

For bags of canvas/cloth or cloth sections - I always spray with Scotch Guard or similar anti-stain spray before wearing, carefully avoiding the leather! It repels most stains and makes them much easier to sponge off. I have a lovely La Coste bag I was given that I won't use until I have sprayed it. (04/18/2007)

By pamphyila

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

I have an off white Signature bag and Coach does not sell cleaner for that fabric. A store clerk told me to try Shout wipes and they got the stains off. I tried a small area on the back of the bag first and it didn't stain. (06/06/2007)

By Denise

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

How can I clean my Coach product?

• We make our products with various types of leather. The smooth Classic leather can be cleaned with our Coach Cleaner and Moisturizer Set. We do not suggest the cleaner or moisturizer be used on ink, grease or oil stains. We offer a brush and eraser to clean our Nubuc products.

• The Coach Signature and Mini Signature Collections are crafted in signature jacquard fabric that has been specially treated to be water and stain repellent. To remove stains, simply wipe with a soft, damp cloth. It should not be treated with Coach Leather Care products.

• For the Coach Patent Collection a damp cloth should be used. Do not use Coach Cleaner and Moisturizer.

• The Coach Vachetta Collection is handcrafted from pure, vegetable-tanned French vachetta leather, noted for its sophistication and rich simplicity. The leather's inherent beauty is enhanced over time, acquiring a remarkable patina as it ages. The Coach Vachetta Collection requires minimal care. Natural oils from your hand will add to its supple quality. To remove surface dirt, simply wipe with a clean, damp cloth. It should not be treated with Coach Leather Cleaner or Moisturizer.

• The Coach Hamptons Leather and Suede Collections should be cleaned with Coach Cleaner and Moisturizer. For suede styles, please follow the directions in the suede care kit that is included with each bag.

• The Coach Hamptons Weekend Collection is crafted in fabric that has been specially treated to be water and stain repellent. Most stains can be cleaned with a mild soap and a damp cloth. The interior lining is susceptible to ink jet transfer. When carrying ink jet papers, please ensure they are not exposed and are contained properly. If staining does occur, rubbing alcohol may be used to diminish the stain, but will not remove the stain completely. It should not be treated with Coach Leather Care or Moisturizer.

• The Coach Hamptons Weekend Scribble C Collection is crafted in fabric that has been specially treated to be water and stain repellent. Most stains can be cleaned with a mild soap and a damp cloth. The interior lining is susceptible to ink jet transfer. When carrying ink jet papers, please ensure they are not exposed and are contained properly. If staining does occur, rubbing alcohol may be used to diminish the stain, but will not remove the stain completely. It should not be treated with Coach Leather Care or Moisturizer.

• For the Coach Madison and Lurex Optic C Collections please follow the care instructions in each bag. We do not recommend using Coach Cleaner or Moisturizer on Lurex Optic C, satin, and mink styles. To clean printed ocelot haircalf styles and fur styles, use a slightly moistened cloth. Allow to dry naturally, away from any source of heat. You may also use a fine bristle or fine wire brush to clean the fur. When brushing, make sure to stroke in the direction of the fur.

• The Quilted Signature Collection is crafted in fabric that has been specially treated to be water and stain repellent. We do not recommend the use of Coach Leather Cleaner or Moisturizer.

• The Coach Weekend Denim Collection is crafted in denim fabric that has been specially treated to be water and stain repellent. Most stains can be cleaned with a mild soap and a damp cloth. It should not be treated with Coach Leather Care products.

• The Coach Soho Twill Collection is crafted in cotton sateen twill that is specially treated to be both water and stain resistant. If cleaning the fabric is necessary, most stains can be easily cleaned with a mild soap and water applied with a clean, damp cloth. Avoid the use of harsh solvents or cleaning products. It should not be treated with Coach Leather Care or Moisturizer products.

• The Coach Soho Leather and Suede Collections should be cleaned with Coach Cleaner and Moisturizer. For suede styles, please follow the directions in the suede care kit that is included with each bag.

• The Coach Soho Suede Collection should be treated as per the directions in the suede care kit that is included with each bag.

• The Coach Metro fabric has been specially treated to be water and stain repellent. It should not be treated with Coach Leather Care products.

• The Coach Straw Collection is made of handwoven straw and trimmed with Bridle and Patent leather. It is easy to maintain and should be cleaned with a damp cloth only. Our natural straw is not treated to be stain or water repellent. Due to the natural materials, straw will weather with age and some strands may eventually unravel and snag certain fine fabric. It should not be treated with Coach Leather Care products.

• The Coach Chelsea Optic C Collection is crafted in cotton Optic C jacquard fabric that has been specially treated to be water and stain repellent. It should not be treated with Coach Leather Care or Moisturizer products.

• The Coach Soft Legacy Collection styles should be cleaned with Coach Leather Care or Moisturizer.

• The Coach Polished Calf Collection should be cleaned with a small amount of Coach Leather Cleaner applied with a soft cloth, using circular strokes. Wipe off residue and let dry for 30 minutes.

• The Coach Beach Stripe Collection includes denim and canvas beach bags that are crafted in a fabric that is specially treated to be both water and stain resistant. Fabric areas should not be treated with Coach Cleaner and Moisturizer. The leather pieces should be cleaned with the Coach Leather Cleaner and Moisturizer products.

• The Coach Signature Stripe Collection is crafted in leathers and suedes, along with cotton Signature C fabric that has been specially treated to be water and stain repellent. These fabrics should not be treated with Coach Leather Care or Moisturizer products.

• The Coach Signature Patchwork Collections is crafted in leathers and suedes, along with cotton Signature C fabric that has been specially treated to be water and stain repellent. These fabrics should not be treated with Coach Leather Care or Moisturizer products.

• The Coach Soft Pebble Collection is crafted in natural, milled cowhide leather that has been left untreated. This leather requires minimal care. To remove surface dirt, simply wipe with a clean, damp cloth. Do not use Coach Leather Care or Moisturizer products.

Can I send my bag to Coach for cleaning?

• Unfortunately, we do not offer a cleaning or refurbishing service. We do offer a Coach Leather Cleaner and Moisturizer Set for our Classic Collection.

How can I clean my COACH shoes?

• To maintain suppleness and a clear complexion of the leather, use a wax based polish, mink oil or bees wax.

• Calfskin, Waxy Leather, Natural Grain or Spazzalato - Wipe shoes clean with a dry cloth. Apply shoe cream to leather using circular strokes.

• Nubuc or Suede - Brush gently with a soft suede brush to remove stains or marks. For stubborn stains use a suede eraser first, and then brush gently with a suede brush.

• High Polish Calf - Wipe shoes clean with a soft, dry cloth or damp cloth if shoes are soiled. Use small amounts of Meltonian Wax, if necessary. Polishing will gradually reveal more of the base color.

• Burnished pull-up Calf - Wipe shoes clean with a dry cloth or with a slightly damp cloth if shoes are soiled.

• Quilted Signature - This fabric that has been specially treated to be water and stain repellent. We do not recommend the use of Coach Leather Cleaner or Moisturizer.

• Metallic Leather - To remove surface dirt, lightly wipe clean with a damp cloth and mild soap. To add luster, lightly apply shoe cream with a soft cloth and gently brush leather surface. Excessive rubbing or polishing will damage metallic surface. Metallic leathers are volatile to scuffs and abrasion during wear.

• Buffalo and Vachetta - Wipe with clean, dry cloth. Any application of cream or polish will change leather color. These leathers are naturally tanned so the color may darken from daily wear and exposure to the sun.

• Signature Jacquard Fabric - Brush with a soft bristle brush. Treat with Scotchguard if weather-proofing desired.

• Hamptons Twill - Brush with a soft bristle brush. Treat with Scotchguard if weather-proofing desired.

• Patent Leather - Wipe with a clean, dry cloth.

• Webbing - The Coach webbing fabric has been specially treated to be stain resistant. It can be cleaned with mild soap and water.

Sunglasses

• Rinse with warm water to remove dust particles. Use non-moisturized liquid soap to clean sunwear. Dry with a maxi-velvet cleaning cloth.
              (06/06/2007)

By Brandist

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

I have the Scribble (white with different color C's) and for small marks like pen or pencil, I use a "Tide To Go Pen", they really work. No good for large marks though. (06/17/2007)

By Leann

The white coach purse with colorful C's

Listen ignore the vinegar stuff and the buying the special cleaner stuff. The best thing to use is honestly, some Dial Antibacterial Hand soap. Just get a towel and you can put soap on the bag or the spots or even on the towel. It doesn't damage the bag or the color. However do not wipe the leather handles. The white can rub off if you rub too hard, if you want to clean it rub gently and lightly and once you see brown strikes stop right away.

Make sure the towel is wet and keep wetting the bag with the towel and the soap, it gets the stain out faster. Also rub and scrub it takes some scrubbing and pushing into so just don't be scared to scrub. I got this bag almost a year ago and I got it dirty like crazy. I just cleaned it for the first time in basically a year. I just cleaned it actually two minutes ago and it looks brand new. Trust me on this one. (07/20/2007)

By Darilyn

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

I have a blue suede Coach wristlet and it was very dirty just from normal wear and tear. I used a carpet and upholstery cleaner and an all purpose sponge with a little hot water. I scrubbed lightly and let it dry. It actually came out great! (08/22/2007)

By Andrea

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

I was on the verge of tears when I sprayed Scotchguard on my patchwork/leather coach handbag and it left bluish spots on the brown leather. The Coach conditioner didn't work, soap and water didn't work. Finally I tried Shout Ultra Gel stain remover. It works on my clothes so well I thought "why not". I put a small amount of the Shout gel on a wet washcloth and worked it into the leather, miraculously it came out! (09/20/2007)

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

I threw my cloth and suede Coach purse in the dishwasher. It came out beautiful and then I even threw it in the dryer. It looks like a new Coach purse! I am thrilled! (09/26/2007)

By Gail

Coach White Leather Purse

I was able to clean blue ink marks on my white leather Coach purse with 70% solution of rubbing alcohol. Put some on a cotton ball and dab the area, don't rub. Let it dry for about 15 minutes and you will see it works! The area will be dull but you can put on the leather moisturizer to bring the shine back. (09/30/2007)

By Ana

pen marks on a coach purse

Hairspray gets rid of pen marks.

(11/07/2007)

By Jen

Suede

I have a Signature Patchwork purse that I bought a few months ago, and the suede patches on the corners got very stained and dirty. I went to the Coach store and they were no help at all, so I just bought a suede care kit at my local food store that came with a suede eraser bar and a brush. After about 20 minutes of rubbing the stains, they disappeared! I highly recommend using this if you are trying to clean a suede purse. (01/09/2008)

By Lauren

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

Go to the Coach website and type in Cleaning Products you can order the cleaner for $10 on the website. (01/09/2008)

By Kat

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

I have the white Coach purse with the colorful C's, I cleaned the fabric with hand soap, a white cloth, and water. It worked really well. Don't be scared to scrub it hard then gently wipe the leather handles with the same soapy cloth. Then I used a white paper towel with white vinegar to clean the suede stripes above the outside pockets. It worked really good just don't scrub the suede part too hard . (01/11/2008)

By Kelly

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

I have the Signature Coach purse with the C's in black and silver. I used Woolite to clean it by hand. Now my purse looks like new again! (03/16/2008)

By GMONEY05

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

I have a white Coach purse and the dye from my blue jean pants faded on to it. I used 70% alcohol it worked but I also used a white wash cloth and Joy soap that you wash dishes with and warm water. My purse looks brand new and it is beautiful. (03/27/2008)

By Briana

White Scribble Hampton tote

I agree with the mild soap and hot water tip. On the official Coach website it even suggests soap/water for a number of different bags that you can't use their cleaner on.

If you plan on keeping your purse forever, you can also do what I did and tack "feet" to the bottom of your white purse. This will keep the white bottom from touching whatever surface you set it on. I had a friend that also put a piece of matching colored felt, (or any other material) on the bottom of her purse with "Glue Dots" in the corners. No one will ever notice unless you flip your purse over, you won't get the actual purse dirty, and the "Glue Dots" come off without ruining the purse. You can find them at your local craft store.

I hope this helps to all you Coach lovers out there. (03/28/2008)

By Richelle

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

For non suede bags, Gonzo works wonders. You can buy it at Bed Bath and Beyond. (06/05/2008)

By Ann

Cleaning products

I wouldn't listen to the Coach people. As much as I like them, they're wrong. When you call Coach and ask how to clean the bag, most of them say "sorry, you can't" just because they want you to buy another purse. I just used Dove bar soap and a washcloth. I have the purse made out of fabric with the scribble Cs on it. I took the washcloth and put it under hot water, smeared the soap in it, wrung it out and then scrubbed gently to remove the stains. It worked! NEVER, ever, spray Scotchguard on fabric purses! (08/27/2008)

By Juli

Archive: Cleaning a Coach Purse

I have a white Coach bag and it now has grass stains and dirt all over it. I tried to wash it with a toothbrush, soap and water and it's still there! What should I do? Should I take it to the dry cleaners? Should I put Spray and Wash on it?

By Mrs. Baker from Burnaby, BC

Answers:

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

From what I have always been told when I buy Coach purses, you have to buy their cleaner to clean them. Anything else will void the warranty that is with them. (03/30/2009)

By VCP

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

For my Brass/Gold Stud Lurex Tote, I was having problems cleaning the little areas of suede near the straps and side pockets. I tried wiping it down with baby wipes but that didn't work. I don't know how I came up with the idea of using a white eraser (regular school eraser) but it works so well. I am ecstatic now that it looks better, an easy fix. (03/31/2009)

By zina671

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

Actually I figured it out. I tried so many things, cleaning it with soap and water, taking it to the dry cleaners, etc. What worked was carpet cleaner (no joke). I sprayed a little bit of carpet cleaner on a small dirty spot on my bag and it came out perfectly! So I did my whole bag and all the grass stains and dirt and anything else that was on it was gone, it literally looks new. Love it! (03/31/2009)

By Mrs. Baker

Archive: Cleaning a Coach Purse

How can I clean a suede Coach purse, where it has gotten dirty at the bottom?

By vickiland53 from Denton, TX

Feedback:

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

Wash it with a wash cloth or get saddle soap (just for leathers) and then a suede brush. Used to be with hush puppies shoes this was put in the box at the counter. Everyone had a hush puppy brush! (04/07/2009)

By TandT Grandma

Archive: Cleaning a Coach Purse

Please tell me that there is a way to get grease out of white (untreated) soft pebble leather. I just purchased a $400 white leather Coach bag last week, my very first one. As I reached into my car to grab something, it brushed up against the door jam and left a brown grease mark across the front of my bag. Somebody, please tell me that there is hope. Thanks.

By Jewel75

Feedback:

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

I would try corn starch to absorb the oil, then wait and see if there's any stain left. You might also call the Coach customer service line for help. Good luck. I have always dreamed of having a large Coach bag too. (06/04/2009)

By mulberry204

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

I agree with Jackie's posting using the dish soap. I personally used Bath and Body Work's shower gel to promote a better smell, but the dish washing liquid would probably clean it better, especially if there is grease or oil on it. I do have to disagree with the comment that the Coach people won't help you because they just want you to buy a new bag. They are the ones who told me to try soap and water. I wouldn't try that unless it was a last resort, but it was a filthy second hand bag. It worked well. (06/17/2009)

By JennLynnRN

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

Any luck? I'm actually dying here trying to clean a black, now smeared, spot off my new bag! I'm just sick about it! (06/28/2009)

By christie01

Archive: Cleaning a Coach Purse

I need a product to clean a stain on a Coach bag.

Sandra S.

Feedback:

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

I own a black and gray fabric Coach purse and got blue jean dye on it. I looked online for ways to get it out and I found this site with a suggestion to use the 70% Rubbing Alcohol then some dish soap and water to wash it, and it worked! Thank you, Briana! (10/06/2009)

By djdvinity

Archive: Cleaning a Coach Purse

My husband bought me a Coach bag and I got ink stains and makeup on it. I keep hiding my purse so he won't see it. I need help please.

By Guadalupe from Fontana, CA

Feedback:

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

Coach purses are very expensive, you are a very lucky woman. Please take it to your local cleaners and have them try to get the makeup out. My daughter did the same thing and the cleaners got the stain out, it looked good as new. Good luck. (10/29/2009)

By K9cats

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

I just wanted to say thank you for the suggestion of using an unscented baby wipe to remove stain from a fabric Coach purse. It worked like a charm. I'm not sure where or when I got the stain, but it came out with a little scrubbing with the wipe. (10/31/2009)

By corkie80

Archive: Cleaning a Coach Purse

Can I wash my fabric coach purse in the washer?

By Jovonna from Ft. Worth, TX

Feedback:

RE: Cleaning a Coach Purse

No! Please take your beautiful purse to your dry cleaners. Good luck (02/13/2010)

By K9cats

Cleaning a Coach Purse
              Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceFebruary 13, 2013
              ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
              Placemat Purse
              Making a Placemat Purse
              Coach Purse
              Stain Proofing a Coach Purse
              Plarn coin purse.
              Plarn Coin Purse
              Two baby cradle church purses with Kewpie dolls inside.
              Crocheted Baby Cradle Purse
              © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2016 at 2:51:10 AM on 10.0.2.234 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestionsArchives
              NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
              Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
              BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
              CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings