Browsing: Cleaning a Coach Purse

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Cleaning a Coach Purse

You spent a lot of money on your purse and want to keep it looking good. This is a guide about cleaning a Coach purse.

Cleaning a Coach Purse
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 15, 2015 Flag

I buy awful looking Coach purses off eBay clean them up and resell them. In my experience this is what I have found that works best. If it's a fabric purse whether it's satin, canvas, or even cotton this product that is sold at the DollarTree is all you need. It's called "Awesome" it's yellow and comes in a spray bottle.

You can clean anything with this stuff; it's great. The label says dilute, but I use it straight. I spray the whole bag and saturate the dirtiest areas. I then scrub with a toothbrush. After that, I wash it in the machine with towels or some bulky items, then if the stains are still there, repeat. I've only had to do that once because the bag was really dirty. Once washed clean I pack the inside with towels to hold the shape. It looks like new!

I will also use a tarnished cloth to shine up the hardware. Sometimes the leather lightens on the corners. I lightly go over it with a Sharpie of the same shade. The suede and patent leather purses are a lost cause. Once dirt has dried on suede it is so hard to get out. I have yet to find anything that will take the black marks off the patent leather.

Coach purses are made very well so don't worry too much about washing it in the machine. It won't hurt it.

February 16, 2015 Flag

This is so very simple. I wish I had figured this out a long time ago. I had 100's of ink stains on the inside of my Coach bags. I had never tried to get them out, until the other day. I had an alcohol swab and began to rub and rub. Eventually all, yes all, of the ink marks came out. I couldn't believe it. Removing Ink Stains from your Coach Purse

You will need a lot of alcohol swabs or just buy a bottle of rubbing alcohol and a thin cloth. You have to work at it for a little bit, but it works. Now I'm ready to sell what was once ready to throw out! I'll definitely get more money. I was excited it worked so well!

Later I'll post on how to clean the outside. There are two ways. Check for that post, coming soon. First I want to see how this works for you. Please post pics and let me know.

Removing Ink Stains from your Coach Purse Removing Ink Stains from your Coach Purse

August 20, 2016 Flag

I bought this beautiful Coach purse off of Postmark. It is super dingy. The patchwork is a mix of suede, fabric, and leather. How do I clean it?

purse
Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I treat it with an oxiclean stick, turn it wrong side out, zip it and wash in a small load of towels in the washing machine. Take it out, turn it right side out. If the suede parts are still soiled rub them with a dry towel and the stains will mostly rub off onto the towel. Hang to dry by the lining with a pants hanger. Be sure after dry to treat the leather handles with good leather conditioner. If any spots on leather shoe polish or permanent markers to match work great.

August 6, 2016 Flag

I have a yellow Coach patent leather tote bag. Can someone please help me with how to remove the black stains? Thank you.

black marks on purse

October 3, 2013 Flag

I bought a Coach small hobo purse in light blue and aqua from a friend. The really pretty white leather looks horrible. It's like she had the sunless tanning lotion on and it rubbed off on the white leather. I have no idea on how to get the strap white again. Do you think I could put it in the washer on delicate? Please help.

By Melissa from LA

The shoe repair stores have a dye for leather purses..

Most shoe repair stores sale leather dye for purses. Or they can do it for you. But don't put more money into it maybe do it yourself

June 23, 2014 Flag

I bought a second hand Coach ban online because I don't want the guilt of trashing an expensive bag but still want to look good. So for the price, I got a nice bag but it was pretty dirty. Yuck!

February 10, 2013 Flag

After reading the tip about throwing your Coach bag in the washer I thought I'd give it a try. I had found the purse as I was cleaning up after the last tenant moved out of the rental property I own.

March 2, 2015 Flag

How do I get the smell of cigarette smoke out of a Coach bag?

By Amanda

Check this out: http://www.vamooseproducts.com/?gclid=CJbsiuGHj8QCFU5o7AodkzoAAw

I have removed many odors from bags, luggage, trunks, shoes, etc. by filling with wadded up newspapers which you'll need to change every few days until the odor is gone. I understand that cigarette odor is a really tough one and the newspaper might not work alone. Good luck!

Try Bounce Dryer Sheets. Someone told me that would remove odors in your shoes. Worth a shot anyway. I just bought one that smells a bit and I'm going to try it!

October 2, 2015 Flag

I have a black leather Coach purse and it's looking dull. It is getting a good many scuff marks on it. So my question is, what can I use to bring it back to life? The purse itself is special because it was my mom's and she used it regularly too before she passed away. Now I've been carrying it for 8 years everyday and I'm pretty rough on purses. Advice please!

A good shoe repair shop can work wonders for your bag. After all, they work with leather most of the time and produce excellent repairs. You can describe what you would like (and how much the bag means to you!) and you will get a cost estimate for the work.

Good Luck!!!

September 28, 2015 Flag

I just bought a used Coach purse and it needs to be cleaned very badly. It is a yellowish gold fabric purse with tan leather handles and trim. How do I clean it with out damaging the bag? Thanks.

Here is link to Coach product care and repairs.

http://www.coach.com/product-care.html

June 5, 2014 Flag

I have handbags such as Coach and Gucci which I've had for quite sometime. On their interiors I have either marker or pen marks. I am truly hoping someone can help me get rid of them. If so, I would be sooo appreciative! Thanking you in advance.

By Dominic

Hi, I've had great success with Orange Miracle and also Oxyclean stain removers for linings

Get some cotton balls and alcohol

Wipe gently it's gonna smear some at first

Then get another clean cotton ball wipe it again

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceFebruary 13, 2013
Placemat Purse
Making a Placemat Purse
Coach Purse
Stain Proofing a Coach Purse
Plarn coin purse.
Plarn Coin Purse
Two baby cradle church purses with Kewpie dolls inside.
Crocheted Baby Cradle Purse
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 23, 2016 at 2:14:02 PM on 10.0.0.126 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.