Cleaning a Coach Purse

You spent a lot of money on your purse and want to keep it looking good. This is a guide about cleaning a Coach purse.

September 15, 2015 Flag

I buy awful looking Coach purses off eBay clean them up and resell them. In my experience this is what I have found that works best. If it's a fabric purse whether it's satin, canvas, or even cotton this product that is sold at the DollarTree is all you need. It's called "Awesome" it's yellow and comes in a spray bottle.

You can clean anything with this stuff; it's great. The label says dilute, but I use it straight. I spray the whole bag and saturate the dirtiest areas. I then scrub with a toothbrush. After that, I wash it in the machine with towels or some bulky items, then if the stains are still there, repeat. I've only had to do that once because the bag was really dirty. Once washed clean I pack the inside with towels to hold the shape. It looks like new!

I will also use a tarnished cloth to shine up the hardware. Sometimes the leather lightens on the corners. I lightly go over it with a Sharpie of the same shade. The suede and patent leather purses are a lost cause. Once dirt has dried on suede it is so hard to get out. I have yet to find anything that will take the black marks off the patent leather.

Coach purses are made very well so don't worry too much about washing it in the machine. It won't hurt it.

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. If there's leather trim on the fabric bag, do you still put it in the washing machine?

November 9, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about cleaning ink stains from a Coach purse Cleaning stains on an expensive purse without damaging it further needs to be done with care. .

Removing Ink Stains from your Coach Purse

October 24, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about cleaning makeup stains from inside a Coach purse. Makeup can be a tough stain to remove, perhaps even more so if it is on the lining of your purse.

A handbag with makeup inside.

August 20, 2016 Flag

I bought this beautiful Coach purse off of Postmark. It is super dingy. The patchwork is a mix of suede, fabric, and leather. How do I clean it?

How can I clean my leather coach purse with chocolate syrup all over the inside of it? Can I use oxyclean powder? And should I use a detergent like dreft? Thanks!

June 23, 2014 Flag

I'm "oh so rough" with my purses. I bought a second hand Coach ban online because I don't want the guilt of trashing an expensive bag but still want to look good. So for the price, I got a nice bag but it was pretty dirty. Yuck! But I can't complain for what I paid.

Just like the earlier posts, I tossed it in the wash on delicate with two towels. OMG, it looks amazing. Huge improvement. I used a little bit of laundry detergent and hung it to dry. Now, I didn't have much to risk, so it's your call if you have a real pricey one.

Source: ThriftyFun

Does this work on satin as well?

August 6, 2016 Flag

I have a yellow Coach patent leather tote bag. Can someone please help me with how to remove the black stains? Thank you.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Scuff marks on patent leather can be cleaned with cotton dipped in rubbing alcohol or NON ACETONE polish remover. Let dry and follow up with a leather conditioner. Works great on my shoes :) Always test a small, less visible patch first, just to avoid any potential damage to your product. Good luck!

October 1, 2016 Flag

I have a Coach poppy purse made from a stain material. How do I clean my purse? Can I stick it in the washer?

October 3, 2013 Flag

I bought a Coach small hobo purse in light blue and aqua from a friend. The really pretty white leather looks horrible. It's like she had the sunless tanning lotion on and it rubbed off on the white leather. I have no idea on how to get the strap white again. Do you think I could put it in the washer on delicate? Please help.

By Melissa from LA

The shoe repair stores have a dye for leather purses..

February 10, 2013 Flag

After reading the tip about throwing your Coach bag in the washer I thought I'd give it a try. I had found the purse as I was cleaning up after the last tenant moved out of the rental property I own.

March 2, 2015 Flag

How do I get the smell of cigarette smoke out of a Coach bag?

By Amanda

Check this out: http://www.vamooseproducts.com/?gclid=CJbsiuGHj8QCFU5o7AodkzoAAw

I have removed many odors from bags, luggage, trunks, shoes, etc. by filling with wadded up newspapers which you'll need to change every few days until the odor is gone. I understand that cigarette odor is a really tough one and the newspaper might not work alone. Good luck!

October 2, 2015 Flag

I have a black leather Coach purse and it's looking dull. It is getting a good many scuff marks on it. So my question is, what can I use to bring it back to life? The purse itself is special because it was my mom's and she used it regularly too before she passed away. Now I've been carrying it for 8 years everyday and I'm pretty rough on purses. Advice please!

A good shoe repair shop can work wonders for your bag. After all, they work with leather most of the time and produce excellent repairs. You can describe what you would like (and how much the bag means to you!) and you will get a cost estimate for the work.

Good Luck!!!

September 28, 2015 Flag

I just bought a used Coach purse and it needs to be cleaned very badly. It is a yellowish gold fabric purse with tan leather handles and trim. How do I clean it with out damaging the bag? Thanks.

Here is link to Coach product care and repairs.

http://www.coach.com/product-care.html

June 5, 2014 Flag

I have handbags such as Coach and Gucci which I've had for quite sometime. On their interiors I have either marker or pen marks. I am truly hoping someone can help me get rid of them. If so, I would be sooo appreciative! Thanking you in advance.

By Dominic

Hi, I've had great success with Orange Miracle and also Oxyclean stain removers for linings

March 12, 2014 Flag

I had bought a small blue Coach wristlet off this app/website, called Poshmark. It was gently used the lady said, and she said there were no marks or stains. I have recently found one. I really like this wristlet, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with how I should get this stain out?

Blue Coach wristlet, closeup of smudge.

Load More
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceFebruary 13, 2013
Placemat Purse
Making a Placemat Purse
Coach Purse
Stain Proofing a Coach Purse
Plarn coin purse.
Plarn Coin Purse
Two baby cradle church purses with Kewpie dolls inside.
Crocheted Baby Cradle Purse
🎉
🎄