Donating Fabric to Charity

When cleaning out your fabric stash, consider donating the fabric you can't use to charity. This is a guide about donating fabric to charity.

Fabric
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I have free fabric to donations for charity sewing. I'm thinning out my fabric stash, all kinds of scraps to yards of material. I want to give it to people who sew for the charity of others, let me know your situation, through this site.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Contact churches, senior centers, charities, etc., in your area.

Where can I donate several boxes of brand new Christmas yardage? They are cotton prints great for making Christmas quilts, aprons, etc.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Also the senior centers. Bless you for your generous act.

Read More Answers...

I am downsizing, hurray, and have a considerable amount of fabric to donate. I live in Laconia, New Hampshire in the Lakes region, but will drive some to donate. Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Making pillow cases for children with cancer. Is Dracut MA to far for you to drive.

Read More Answers...

We have some fabric rolls that we would like to donate to charity. We are located in Garden Grove California. Any suggestions? Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check online for a local Project Linus chapter. They make blankets, quilts, afghans, etc. for children in hospitals, disasters, camps for children of wounded warriors, etc. and would love donated fabric. The quilts these ladies make are amazing, so much love put into their making for these children.

I have boxes of sewing material to give away. Does anyone know where I can donate it to charity in Fayetteville North Carolina?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

we are a NPO out of state but have family instate who can pick up the fabric for us

Read More Answers...

Where could I donate new quilting fabric and sewing notions in the Eugene Oregon area?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Why not call a fabric shop or quilting center for information about people who make quilts for charity?

Where can I donate apparel fabric in Grand Rapids, Michigan?

Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check in your area for the local Project Linus group. They make blankets, quilts, etc. for children in hospitals, in disaster areas, for children of deceased soldiers, for homeless children. They are always accepting donated fabric or yarn for their projects. You can check online at their website for the chapter near you. I know they would appreciate it and put it to good use.

Read More Answers...

My mom is closing a business that uses yard goods fabric). We need a place/charity in the Tampa Bay, Florida area that has a use for such material. Does anyone have such a charity in mind?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check for the local Project Linus chapter in your area. They make quilts, blankets, afghans for children in hospitals, in disaster situations, etc. They are always willing to take donate fabric and yarn. I am in our local chapter here in Maryland and get so much satisfaction making blankets for children in need. Try looking up Project Linus on the internet for your local chapter.

Read More Answers...

Does anyone know where I can donate fabric in the Pittsburgh Pennsylvania area?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check online for the closest Project Linus chapter. They make blankets, quilts and afghans for children in hospitals, in disasters and for camps for children who have lost parents in the war. Our chapter also donates to homeless children in our school system. They are always willing to accept donated fabric or yarn. Our chapter meets tomorrow in fact and I just turned in 4 baby afghans made of donated yarn. The ladies make beautiful quilts out of the donated fabric. Just do a search for "Project Linus" and the website will help direct you to local chapters.

Read More Answers...

Where can I donate fabric in Baytown, Texas?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check around for the closest Project Linus group. They made blankets, quilts, etc. for children in hospitals, disasters, etc. They will take donate fabric and pass it on to members to make quilts. Check on the internet for their locate near you. I make blankets for them but I crochet and use their donated yarn for the afghans I make. Makes so many children happy to receive a blanket when in a crisis.

Read More Answers...

Where in Minnesota can I donate fabric?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Why not donate it to a food bank? They may have clients who sew but can't afford the fabric.

Is there a place/charity in NYC that accepts fabric donations?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Many senior centers need fabric for their quilting and sewing classes. Give your local centers a call!

I would like to donate fabric somewhere in Frederick or Washington counties in Maryland. Do you know of any locations which will accept fabric?

By Salli C

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Salli, I thought of Loretta's name Tharp and she lives in the Waynesboro area. Look up Ray Tharp in the phone book.

Read More Answers...

We are moving out of a home we have lived in for almost 30 years. I am a reformed "fabricaholic". I have a wide variety of fabric types I would like to donate to someone who could use them. Most of the cotton is gone to an organization that mades little dresses and pants for children in Africa, but there is still lots to be had.

Please let me know if anyone knows where I could donate these materials in the greater Milwaukee area.

Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

We have our mother's fabric to donate. There are 15 boxes. There are some nice pieces; as we are from Pennsylvania we have wool, knit jersey, and some cottons. We are looking to donate in the Atlanta, Georgia area.

By Minette K

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Another group who would welcome fabric donations would be the sewers at a nursing home and retirement centre. I used to live in Cherokee County, GA, and often saw donation calls from activities directors down in MetroATL in the free classifieds.

And youth groups would probably be over the moon for those yard goods, too. Check with the local high schools to see if they have a Life Skills or Home Skills teacher who might be able to point you in the right direction to share that fabric wealth.

Read More Answers...

Are there any quilting non-profit organizations in the Rochester, NY area who make quilts for cancer patients? My client, a patient herself, has a large stash of fabric she wants to donate to make quilts.

By Yve I.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Contact several of the local churches, they may have groups of ladies that sew lap quilts for donation to hospitals, DP offices, nursing homes, etc.

Read More Answers...

I have lot of free fabric samples. Anyone have any ideas where I can donate them? Thanks.

By Janet from Milwaukee, WI

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

New Senior Center just starting out will take any donations program starts in three weeks will pay for shipping please call Sophia at 303-476-3629

Read More Answers...

We closed a fabric store about 10 years ago and stored the rest of the fabrics and notions in a 10x10 storage. We would like to donate them. Do you know anyone can use them? They have to pick up and load the fabrics and notions themself. The storage is in Orange, CA. Thank you. God bless!

By Anthony B from Orange, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi Anthony,

My name is Ashley and I work with the Neighborhood Youth Association, a non-profit that serves underprivileged youth in Mid-City, Mar Vista, South Central, and the Venice area. We are currently doing some community-building projects with our children that require fabric. I would be willing to come pick up if it is still available. You can reach me at anavarro AT nyayouth.org

Thank you,

Ashley

Read More Answers...

I have quilt shop quality cottons that I need to de-stash and donate. They have been pre-washed. I need a group in Indianapolis or Fishers Indiana.

AnswerMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes
                            Load More
                            Better Living Charity AdviceMay 26, 2013
                            Donating a Car to Charity
                            Donating a Car to Charity
                            donate sign
                            Donating Household Items to Charity
                            sewing and yarn supplies
                            Donating Craft Supplies
                            Giving to Charity
                            Giving to Charity
                            © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 28, 2016 at 3:13:27 AM on 10.0.2.19 in 572 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.