Donating Fabric to Charity

When cleaning out your fabric stash, consider donating the fabric you can't use to charity. This is a guide about donating fabric to charity.

I recently got this prom dress that I had ordered online, but as a result the tail of my dress had way too much fabric and was way too heavy to even walk with. I was thinking of cutting off some of the unnecessary fabric and donating it somewhere, but I live in the Bronx and I can't think of any places. What do you think I should do?

Here are some places near you:

http://www.mate … ts.org/donate-2/

http://www.nyc. … /home/home.shtml

I am looking for a place to donate fabrics, sewing supplies, and yarn near me. I just moved to zip code 32837, so I'm not familiar with the area much. All of my fabrics are new and clean, stored in containers in a closet in a smoke free home. Churches, women's clubs, etc. would be considered. Any ideas how to go about this?

i believe you have asked your question at the right place as ThriftyFun responders are always ready to help. Please be sure to call any organization before paying a visit as some may not have any use for this material (save time and gas).

You will probably find some very good suggestions from some previous questions and answers:

http://www.thri … ft-Supplies.html

I have fabric that I would like to give to someone in the S.F. Bay area. I am sure someone or a group could use it. My zip code is 94070

Anonymous

Hi Where are you located?? Terri

I'm clearing up my sewing room and I have some fabric that I like to donate. I live in the Austin, Texas area and would like to find a charitible organization group where I can donate my fabric.

There are a lot of charitable organizations in Austin that would love to have fabric donations but also many for-profit (or claim to be non-profit) that are just like any other business - they are there to make money for the owners - but - many times they have paid employees that need a job, so there are good and maybe bad points to this type of thrift store.

Basically, decide if you just want to donate your supplies or if you want to only donate where any funds realized from the sale or use will go to someone in need.

Several very good true non-profit organizations: Hospice Thrift Stores, Habitat for Humanity, Salvation Army, and many of your local churches will have their own thrift stores.

All of these are located in Austin and can be found on Google with just the name and Austin or your zip code. Most of these would be very pleased to have your donations.

If you are just looking for a place to donate then here is a link that will help you:

http://austincr  onate-materials/

I have a large box of old, ripped clothes and other fabrics that I would like to donate to someone for a project instead of throwing them away. They have been in the attic, I am in the middle of a move, and I don't have a washer or dryer here, so ideally I would donate them dusty and you could wash them. I am willing to deal with it if I know they'll go to something good instead of a landfill though.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Donate to Goodwill. They shred them, or so I have read.

I have a sewing workroom and have excess of fabric and some odd sizes of drapes in large volumes. Can someone pick up from my factory?

If you are in the United States visit this link for local quilting guilds in your area. http://www.amer  world/guilds.php

Your city's senior center has contacts as well as local hospitals' neonatal units.

When my mother passed two quilting quild ladies came and gratefully took away a lot of fabric from her collection and assured me they would use it and not throw it away.

I would like to donate approximately 5 boxes 18x18x24 of fabric (all types, including: velvets, wool, some lace, silks, etc.) in the Salida, California area. The recipient would need to pick up. Any ideas who to contact?

You can post on Craigslist for free. Or, if you have Facebook ask if any of your friends or family would like them.

I would like to donate fabric (all types, including: velvets, wool, linings, some lace, etc.) in the New York City area. I live in the borough of Queens, but would be open to other areas. Any suggestions?

Pat

Look up the local chapter of Project Linus in your area via internet...they take donations of fabric and yarn to make blankets for kids in hospitals, kids of wounded warriors, in disaster areas, etc. A very worthy cause...

Were can I donate fabric and sewing items to charity?

Fabrics and sewing goods are always welcome items at nursing homes, any church thrift store, and of course all of the big name charities but I personally give my items to my local Hospice Thrift Store.

I feel like I know just where the money is going to be used as Hospice does such wonderful work in caring for the terminally ill.

Hospice cared for my late husband and my daughter-in-law and they were truly wonderful.

We were never charged (even for a long time stay) and from my understanding there is never a cost to the patient or their family for their services.

If I am incorrect in my information, I truly hope someone will make the correction.

I want to donate fabric that I did not use. Can I donate patterns also? Where can it donate these sewing items?

I have fabric I would like to donate to Pins and Needles. I don't mind paying shipping costs...just like to know the material is being used. Please let me know if you are interested.

Does anyone want yards of cotton or flannel material? I am in the Cassopolis Michigan area.

I found a Project Linus!, In Three Rivers Michigan.

I also have fleece. maybe they will take that as well.

thank you!

Where can I donate several boxes of brand new Christmas yardage? They are cotton prints great for making Christmas quilts, aprons, etc.

Hi;

My name is Linda and I live in the greater Phoenix area and would like to donate some quilting fabric. Could I please have an address for Ryan's case for smiles. I would gladly pay to ship my boxes of fabric.

I have free fabric to donations for charity sewing. I'm thinning out my fabric stash, all kinds of scraps to yards of material. I want to give it to people who sew for the charity of others, let me know your situation, through this site.

I have 3 large bags of material to give to charity.

I am downsizing, hurray, and have a considerable amount of fabric to donate. I live in Laconia, New Hampshire in the Lakes region, but will drive some to donate. Thanks.

Look for the local chapter of Project Linus. They make blankets, quilts, afghans for children in hospitals, disaster situations and for children who have lost parents in the wars. Check online, they love to receive donated fabric or yarn for these blankets that bring so much comfort to children in need.

My mom is closing a business that uses yard goods fabric). We need a place/charity in the Tampa Bay, Florida area that has a use for such material. Does anyone have such a charity in mind?

Check for the local Project Linus chapter in your area. They make quilts, blankets, afghans for children in hospitals, in disaster situations, etc. They are always willing to take donate fabric and yarn. I am in our local chapter here in Maryland and get so much satisfaction making blankets for children in need. Try looking up Project Linus on the internet for your local chapter.

Where can I donate apparel fabric in Grand Rapids, Michigan?

Thanks.

Rose is right. There are a lot of organizations that do homeless work. You could also donate to the local senior citizen center. I hope that helps.

I have boxes of sewing material to give away. Does anyone know where I can donate it to charity in Fayetteville North Carolina?

check online for a local chapter of Project Linus. They make blankets and afghans for children in hospitals, disasters, children who have lost parents in the war, etc. The ladies in our chapter make beautiful quilts and the group accepts donated fabric or yarn, it would be put to good use. Just do a search for Project Linus

Does anyone know where I can donate fabric in the Pittsburgh Pennsylvania area?

Look for quilting groups? Perhaps those who make blankets for others?

I have lot of free fabric samples. Anyone have any ideas where I can donate them? Thanks.

By Janet from Milwaukee, WI

I use my old fabric to make pet toys and sell them online. They usually sell fast.

We have some fabric rolls that we would like to donate to charity. We are located in Garden Grove California. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Check online for a local Project Linus chapter. They make blankets, quilts, afghans, etc. for children in hospitals, disasters, camps for children of wounded warriors, etc. and would love donated fabric. The quilts these ladies make are amazing, so much love put into their making for these children.

Where could I donate new quilting fabric and sewing notions in the Eugene Oregon area?

Load More