Browsing: Donating Fabric to Charity

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Donating Fabric to Charity

When cleaning out your fabric stash, consider donating the fabric you can't use to charity. This is a guide about donating fabric to charity.

Fabric
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

July 18, 2016 Flag

I want to donate fabric that I did not use. Can I donate patterns also? Where can it donate these sewing items?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

There are many donation possibilities depending upon your location. Search online for your area and contact:

Senior Centers

Schools

Youth Groups

Churches

Etc.

April 2, 2016 Flag

I have free fabric to donations for charity sewing. I'm thinning out my fabric stash, all kinds of scraps to yards of material. I want to give it to people who sew for the charity of others, let me know your situation, through this site.

I have an organization called The Peaceful Blanket Project and I could use any flannel you have!

Read More Answers...

February 24, 2016 Flag

Where can I donate several boxes of brand new Christmas yardage? They are cotton prints great for making Christmas quilts, aprons, etc.

Ryan's Case for Smiles would be very grateful to receive ANY 100% cotton fabric (quilting weight please) donations. We are a national 501c3 non-profit organization. There are individual chapters in most cities throughput the U. S. We make and provide complimentary colorful pillowcases to sick children with chronic illnesses at various children's hospitals.

I belong to the Phoenix, AZ chapter. We deliver over 650 pillowcases EACH MONTH to three local children's hospitals. We are always looking for volunteers to sew the cases as well as fabric donations. Feel free to contact me for additional details.

Tracey A.

Read More Answers...

December 3, 2015 Flag

I am downsizing, hurray, and have a considerable amount of fabric to donate. I live in Laconia, New Hampshire in the Lakes region, but will drive some to donate. Thanks.

Making pillow cases for children with cancer. Is Dracut MA to far for you to drive.

Read More Answers...

October 21, 2015 Flag

My mom is closing a business that uses yard goods fabric). We need a place/charity in the Tampa Bay, Florida area that has a use for such material. Does anyone have such a charity in mind?

Not so much answer as I am also wanting to donate fabric in the Tampa Bay Area and my one lead has not responded. I have clothing fabric that is really not appropriate for quilting or blankets. Did you find any charities in this area?

Read More Answers...

January 7, 2016 Flag

I have boxes of sewing material to give away. Does anyone know where I can donate it to charity in Fayetteville North Carolina?

we are a NPO out of state but have family instate who can pick up the fabric for us

Read More Answers...

August 24, 2015 Flag

Where can I donate apparel fabric in Grand Rapids, Michigan?

Thanks.

Check in your area for the local Project Linus group. They make blankets, quilts, etc. for children in hospitals, in disaster areas, for children of deceased soldiers, for homeless children. They are always accepting donated fabric or yarn for their projects. You can check online at their website for the chapter near you. I know they would appreciate it and put it to good use.

Read More Answers...

March 9, 2016 Flag

We have some fabric rolls that we would like to donate to charity. We are located in Garden Grove California. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Check online for a local Project Linus chapter. They make blankets, quilts, afghans, etc. for children in hospitals, disasters, camps for children of wounded warriors, etc. and would love donated fabric. The quilts these ladies make are amazing, so much love put into their making for these children.

March 1, 2016 Flag

Where could I donate new quilting fabric and sewing notions in the Eugene Oregon area?

Why not call a fabric shop or quilting center for information about people who make quilts for charity?

September 17, 2015 Flag

Does anyone know where I can donate fabric in the Pittsburgh Pennsylvania area?

Check online for the closest Project Linus chapter. They make blankets, quilts and afghans for children in hospitals, in disasters and for camps for children who have lost parents in the war. Our chapter also donates to homeless children in our school system. They are always willing to accept donated fabric or yarn. Our chapter meets tomorrow in fact and I just turned in 4 baby afghans made of donated yarn. The ladies make beautiful quilts out of the donated fabric. Just do a search for "Project Linus" and the website will help direct you to local chapters.

Read More Answers...
Load More
Better Living Charity AdviceMay 26, 2013
Donating a Car to Charity
Donating a Car to Charity
donate sign
Donating Household Items to Charity
sewing and yarn supplies
Donating Craft Supplies
Giving to Charity
Giving to Charity
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 10:21:16 PM on 10.0.1.43 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.