Share & Vote
Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Donating Fabric to Charity

0 0EmailFollow
Fabric

When cleaning out your fabric stash, consider donating the fabric you can't use to charity. This is a guide about donating fabric to charity.

Here are questions related to Donating Fabric to Charity.

Question: Donating Fabric

boxes of fabricI am looking to donate fabric locally. There are about out 20 boxes this size. Where are the locations in Minneapolis, Minnesota?

By Carol from Maple Grove

Most Recent Answer

By Priscilla [1]01/04/2015

Check with the local churches that have group of ladies that make quilts for kids, fabric stores may have a list or know of a quilting group and even the senior centers.

Question: Donating Fabrics to a Charity

We closed a fabric store about 10 years ago and stored the rest of the fabrics and notions in a 10x10 storage. We would like to donate them. Do you know anyone can use them? They have to pick up and load the fabrics and notions themself. The storage is in Orange, CA. Thank you. God bless!

By Anthony B from Orange, CA

Most Recent Answer

By Ashley N. [1]01/08/2015

Hi Anthony,

My name is Ashley and I work with the Neighborhood Youth Association, a non-profit that serves underprivileged youth in Mid-City, Mar Vista, South Central, and the Venice area. We are currently doing some community-building projects with our children that require fabric. I would be willing to come pick up if it is still available. You can reach me at anavarro AT nyayouth.org

Thank you,
Ashley

Question: Donating Fabric Scraps

I live in Windsor Connecticut and have fabric to donate. Does anyone know who would take fabric scraps?

By Sue

Most Recent Answer

By Dinah Ackerson [2]12/21/2014

Possibilities: Call any senior centers in your area as many have sewing and quilting classes and would certainly appreciate your donation.

Call churches in your area. They may have groups who would appreciate your fabric for clothes, blankets, etc., for homeless shelters, youth clubs, etc.

Elementary schools, child care centers, city adult education centers, etc., may be able to use fabric. Call or check online for quilling and sewing groups in your area.

Good Luck!

Question: Fabric Donation Advice

I have lots of good fabrics for donations. I live in the north Houston, Texas area. Does anyone know who could use these items?

By Kathy from north Houston, TX

Most Recent Answer

By Marty Dick [147]10/20/2014

I used to live in Houston. I would suggest you try one of the churches. I am sure there is a quilting group somewhere in town.

Question: Donating Fabric

I would like to donate fabric somewhere in Frederick or Washington counties in Maryland. Do you know of any locations which will accept fabric?

By Salli C

Most Recent Answer

By Elizabeth10/06/2014

Salli, I thought of Loretta's name Tharp and she lives in the Waynesboro area. Look up Ray Tharp in the phone book.

Question: Donating Fabric

In the Seattle, Washington area, where can I donate fabric?

By Linda H.

Most Recent Answer

By Sandi/Poor But Proud [416]10/06/2014

Yes, and senior centers as well. Google "Seattle Washington Fabric Donations". This will certainly give you plenty to give to. PBP

Question: Donating Fabric

I have cotton, flannel, and fashion fabrics, some remnants and some yardage. I am in Orange County, California and want to know where to donate this fabric.

By Kathy

Most Recent Answer

By Ashley N. [1]01/08/2015

Hi Kathy,

I'm not sure how old your post is as I didn't see a date, but thought I would try to respond anyway.

My name is Ashley and I work with the Neighborhood Youth Association, a non-profit that serves underprivileged youth in Mid-City, Mar Vista, South Central, and the Venice area. We are currently doing some community-building projects with our children that require fabric. I would be willing to come pick up if it is still available. You can reach me at anavarro at nyayouth.org

Thank you,
Ashley

Question: Donating Fabric to Charity

Is there an organization in Dallas that accepts fabric donations? I have a lot of fabric.

By Pat

Most Recent Answer

By Melinda Gasque K.01/19/2014

Www.binkypatrol.org is a national charity that has locations nationwide. All locations always need donations. You can find the closest office on our website. Thank you for any donations.

Question: Organizations That Accept Fabric Donations

I need an organization where I can donate fabric (women's garments), in NYC (Queens).

By: Blynch

Question: Donating Fabric to Charity

Does anyone know where I can donate fabric in Los Angeles?

By violin3 from Los Angeles, CA

Most Recent Answer

By la2cv [1]11/09/2014

I have several blouse and shirts I want to find a second life for. I think these merit better than being hacked apart into cleaning rags so I wonder where or what I can do with them. All are cotton and clean. Some of course have the usual wear and tear.
Please know I am open to all ideas. :) Attached is but a small sample of my old friends.

RE: Donating Fabric to Charity

Question: Donating Free Fabric Samples

I have lot of free fabric samples. Anyone have any ideas where I can donate them? Thanks.

By Janet from Milwaukee, WI

Most Recent Answer

By bunny_puppy_animal lover [5]12/15/2010

I use my old fabric to make pet toys and sell them online. They usually sell fast.

Solutions: Donating Fabric to Charity

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!