Donating Fabric to Charity

When cleaning out your fabric stash, consider donating the fabric you can't use to charity. This is a guide about donating fabric to charity.

October 2, 2016 Flag

Does anyone want yards of cotton or flannel material? I am in the Cassopolis Michigan area.

I found a Project Linus!, In Three Rivers Michigan.

I also have fleece. maybe they will take that as well.

thank you!

July 18, 2016 Flag

I want to donate fabric that I did not use. Can I donate patterns also? Where can it donate these sewing items?

I am sending a message from a small retirement community in Mocksville, NC. Our community consists of 50 units in one building. 99% of the residents are women aged 55 to 95 years of age. We are considered a low income community because the people who live here are living on SS benefits. We recently formed a Residents Committee. Several sub-committees were formed and one is devoted to sewing and crafts (Pins and Needles). Some of the ladies are very adept at crocheting and quilting. This project began when one of our most aged residents had to go into a nursing home facility. We are crocheting hand warmers, hats and making lap sized quilts. We have been trying for three months since the original committee was formed to raise enough money to buy fabric for the quilts. I am asking if your company could donate fabric to our cause. We will accept scraps, spare fabric that you can't sell, or any kind of fabric you cannot use. This transaction could benefit both nursing home patients and a write off for your company. My name is Patricia Shell. You can reach me through Facebook or my email address patti2044 AT yahoo.com.

April 2, 2016 Flag

I have free fabric to donations for charity sewing. I'm thinning out my fabric stash, all kinds of scraps to yards of material. I want to give it to people who sew for the charity of others, let me know your situation, through this site.

I have 3 large bags of material to give to charity.

February 24, 2016 Flag

Where can I donate several boxes of brand new Christmas yardage? They are cotton prints great for making Christmas quilts, aprons, etc.

Also the senior centers. Bless you for your generous act.

December 3, 2015 Flag

I am downsizing, hurray, and have a considerable amount of fabric to donate. I live in Laconia, New Hampshire in the Lakes region, but will drive some to donate. Thanks.

Look for the local chapter of Project Linus. They make blankets, quilts, afghans for children in hospitals, disaster situations and for children who have lost parents in the wars. Check online, they love to receive donated fabric or yarn for these blankets that bring so much comfort to children in need.

October 21, 2015 Flag

My mom is closing a business that uses yard goods fabric). We need a place/charity in the Tampa Bay, Florida area that has a use for such material. Does anyone have such a charity in mind?

Check for the local Project Linus chapter in your area. They make quilts, blankets, afghans for children in hospitals, in disaster situations, etc. They are always willing to take donate fabric and yarn. I am in our local chapter here in Maryland and get so much satisfaction making blankets for children in need. Try looking up Project Linus on the internet for your local chapter.

January 7, 2016 Flag

I have boxes of sewing material to give away. Does anyone know where I can donate it to charity in Fayetteville North Carolina?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

check online for a local chapter of Project Linus. They make blankets and afghans for children in hospitals, disasters, children who have lost parents in the war, etc. The ladies in our chapter make beautiful quilts and the group accepts donated fabric or yarn, it would be put to good use. Just do a search for Project Linus

August 24, 2015 Flag

Where can I donate apparel fabric in Grand Rapids, Michigan?

Thanks.

Rose is right. There are a lot of organizations that do homeless work. You could also donate to the local senior citizen center. I hope that helps.

March 9, 2016 Flag

We have some fabric rolls that we would like to donate to charity. We are located in Garden Grove California. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Check online for a local Project Linus chapter. They make blankets, quilts, afghans, etc. for children in hospitals, disasters, camps for children of wounded warriors, etc. and would love donated fabric. The quilts these ladies make are amazing, so much love put into their making for these children.

September 17, 2015 Flag

Does anyone know where I can donate fabric in the Pittsburgh Pennsylvania area?

Look for quilting groups? Perhaps those who make blankets for others?

March 1, 2016 Flag

Where could I donate new quilting fabric and sewing notions in the Eugene Oregon area?

Why not call a fabric shop or quilting center for information about people who make quilts for charity?

July 16, 2015 Flag

Where can I donate fabric in Baytown, Texas?

Load More
Better Living Charity AdviceMay 26, 2013
Donating a Car to Charity
Donating a Car to Charity
donate sign
Donating Household Items to Charity
sewing and yarn supplies
Donating Craft Supplies
Giving to Charity
Giving to Charity
🎄
🍂