Homemade Birthday Cards
A homemade birthday card is not only fun to make, but it is a gift in itself, to receive. Children can make cards for friends and family. You don't need expensive tools to handcraft cards, just basic supplies and lots of imagination. This is a guide about homemade birthday cards.
When I receive gifts in gift bags, I always keep the gift bags with the idea of recycling them, either as a bag for another gift, or as inspiration for a craft project. I recently received a gift bag with a beautiful floral pattern, and decided to recycle this bag by using the cut-out flowers to make a birthday card.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- 8.2" x 6" light blue marbled cardboard
- 3.6" x 5.6" metallic paper
- one used gift bag with a floral pattern
- skeleton leaves, approximately 3-4
- 3D self-adhesive foam squares
- a pair of standard scissors
- quick-drying glue
- one A4 sheet of white paper
- one light blue marbled envelope
- Fold light blue marbled cardboard in half to create a card 4.1" x 6". Use the ruler to make the fold neat and smooth.
- Glue the 3.6" x 5.6" metallic paper to the front of the card, carefully ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- Carefully cut out the flowers from the used gift bag. I only used the flowers from the one side of the gift bag, saving the other flowers for another project.
- Arrange the leaves and flowers in place, and glue them to the front of the card.
- Create a 3D effect: for some flowers, glue the whole flower flat to the cardboard, and for others, use the self-adhesive foam squares to lift certain parts of the flowers from the background.
- Use the string that was attached to the original gift bag to "frame" the design.
- Print a message on the white paper, cut it to the correct size and paste it to the inside of the card.
By BessieBessie from Pretoria, Gauteng
July 19, 20110 found this helpful
July 30, 20110 found this helpful
Very nice and pretty!
Make a hand-painted birthday card for a special family member.
Use a combination of red, white, and blue card stock to make this card for the patriotic significant other in your life.
1 found this helpful
This is a guide about making a leaf print birthday card. Use leaves from your garden to stamp paint designs on cardstock, creating a lovely handmade birthday greeting.
Make this keepsake card for your little baby girl to celebrate her first birthday.
Make this simple, yet elegant, card to convey birthday wishes to a special family member.
0 found this helpful
This is a guide about making a birthday cake birthday card. The perfect motif for a homemade birthday card is a cute birthday cake design.
0 found this helpful
This is a guide about making a hatching chick birthday card. You can get very creative when you make your own birthday cards.
This folded apple note card with a matching gift tag is made from cardstock in natural red, ivory, brown, and green. Ideal to send as a birthday greeting for children or simply to say hello to a friend. You might also like to make a batch of these for gift-giving.
Make a birthday card and a matching gift tag, using butterflies and paper flowers.
This is a Perfumed Handmade Card.
Yes you read it right! This card smell like perfume!!
How did I get it? Well do you see the white paper?! Not long ago it was a perfume sample ;-)
By Orquidea from Porto, Portugal
May 5, 20080 found this helpful
Orquidea, you have some of the coolest ideas!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 21, 2016 at 1:01:01 PM on 10.0.1.107 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us